Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we could still stick with our 4-4-2 formation and pull a win out of this game. Yes not having our best midfielder (Zagorakis) hurts, but I feel we have more depth in the midfield, and we need 4 in the back, as Turkey's attack and midfield is it's main strength.

Consdering how we have no proven left-footed midifieler and need solid defensive play in midifield, I'd consider moving Fyssas a left midfielder position (playing mostly defensive/man marking, but needs to get forward for crosses and assisting in the attack). In which case Goumas or Kapsis (pref.) would play on the wing. Both can man-mark pretty well and with Dellas and Kyraigos staying in the middle and zonal defending (their strengths) I think that defense (and Nikopolidis) can keep a clean sheet. Venitidis (assuming he get's called) could also work as a wing/central defender.

My favored lineup (assuming Zagorakis is the only one missing):

GK: Nikopolidis

Defense (Left to Right): Kapsis, Kyraigos, Dellas, Seiteridis

Midfield: Fyssas (left defensive), Basinas (central defensive) , Karagounis (central attacking), Stelios (right attacking)

Forwards: Charisteas, Vryzas

Possible Subs: Katsouranis if we need defense; Tsiartas if we need offense, Lakis works either way. Goumas as a defensive sub, and Amanatidis or Pap for Vryzas.

Your thoughts....???

we will most likely see 3-5-2 from Greece

Turkey played 3-5-2 in the match vs. Albania, I think 4-4-2 vs. Georgia.

Ibrahim Toraman is their key in central defence, the rest of their defence looks very fragile at the moment and believe it or not but their keeper Rustu has the same problem as ours handling crosses. Having said that we must attack from the wings, Basinas and Kats cover either side when the wingers advance. Giourkas needs to pick up his game, he and Stelios need to have big games.

The important thing is Basinas and Kats have to neutralize Yildiray Basturk and Emre, they are the heart of the team.

Nihat is a big loss to their attack but Fatih Tekke has strong aerial abilities and I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Kyrgiakos is man-marking this fellow but I still don't like Goumas as sweeper but who else would you rather see, Dabizas? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

let's wait until the weekend to get the latest on the Dellas injury. If Tuncay plays, Kapsis will have his hands full with this pacy striker.

Having 4 backs to cover 2 strikers doesn't make much sense especially since we have 2 defensive midfielders covering they're 2 attacking mid's.

Any suggestions who will Otto call up to replace Zagorakis?

most likely Turkey will control ball possession in this game

but we must limit it

to a 55-45 margin in my view

Giannkopoulos, Karagounis, and Kastouranis will all need to be key

they must sustain posessions

Turkey weakens is there defensive line

they have a strong midfield and Strikers but we are solid in our back line

Basinas will be key with his set plays

he needs to have tremendous touch

and will also need to cash in on the chances we have in the game

Markus Merk is other ref remember the ref in the final v Portugal when we won it all

good luck charm

and he won't be intimidated by the crowd thats for sure

I smell a typical draw game but if anybody is gonna win it, it would be Turkey because the players know this is their ultimate chance to go to Germany where we will be the HOST NATION...

1-1 or a 2-1 win for Turkey...

what are u talking about? we dont need your lessons..

this is not a war! :) this is just a sport game

you can beat turkiye..or we can beat greece..if u beat Turkiye i will say "congratulations" to greek side..

will u do same thing to Turkish side?

it won't come to that

Greece needs to win this game as well

the players have said that they need to win all the rest of there games

nuttin has changed

plus Greece did its part when Turkey had a devastating earthquake a lil over 5 years ago

and we were there to help u guys out

so don't tell us how we should act after a loss

I smell a typical draw game but if anybody is gonna win it, it would be Turkey because the players know this is their ultimate chance to go to Germany where we will be the HOST NATION...

1-1 or a 2-1 win for Turkey...

Host nation??? There are just as many Greeks as there are Turks in Germany, along with other ethnicities. Many Euro ethnicities, in large numbers, live there. Not only Turks. Just to inform you, in case your deluding yourself, Germany is the host nation. Turkey will never host a soccer tournament as Greece (our only real competition is Italy and recent events have gone against them) will come 2012. Just like Turkey will never host OUR Olympics.

Greece cant win in Turkey? Why? This is a derby and any result is possible.

i just hope that stelios and seitaridis have opportunities to run down the lines. stelios needs to stop running towards the middle of the pitch at the midfield line, when he does that, the turkish right defender tracks stelios and all of a sudden, the turks now have an extra defender in the penalty area...and no there is no space for vryza and charistea to go to work. seitaridis doesn't seem like the same player from 2003 and 2004. i hope he puts his game face on for this match.

Not only does Stelios run towards the center but Kara does it as well from the left side. by the time they cut in to the center, the middle is so congested that they end up passing back and not servicing the strikers which ruins the attacking flow. when it does get passed back the resulting shot is usually blocked because there is so many players in the middle. they need to pass it off and not cut inside then make a forward run, this will open up some space at least.

you can beat turkiye..or we can beat greece..if u beat Turkiye i will say "congratulations" to greek side..

Cmon guys give the Turks a break

Im sure IF we lose to Turkey we will congratulate them for beating us

We respected Turkey when they came to Greece not doing m*****es during their Anthem etc so im sure the Turks will have the same respect for us

May the best team win!!!! :gr:

The better one will win ----Turkey and Greece plays

very good technical footbal in Europe !

Both teams are equal but to win a game you need a liitle

bit of all - this means - the players must be motivated , the weather must be

fine...and so on.....

I am turkish and I must say that this match Turkey vs Greece will be

the highlight of 2005 ! Hope for peacefully match ....

Greetings from Turkey to all my greek Friends ----hope both Teams will be

in Germany !

:tup:

Greetings from Turkey to all my greek Friends ----hope both Teams will be

in Germany !

:tup:

this is way this game is so huge

b/c u know both teams won't finish 1st and 2nd respectively

meaning the winner will have the upper hand and especially if Greece wins Turkey will be done

its that simple

You dont need my lessons? i think you do.

You'll congratulate Greece if they win? LOL!!! I'll have to see it to believe it.

this is not a war!  :)  this is just a sport game

You dont need my lessons? i think you do.

You'll congratulate Greece if they win? LOL!!! I'll have to see it to believe it.

i don't want there contragulations

i want to win thats it

that will be satisfaction enough for me

Sorry my greek friends but

Turkey : Greece 1 : 1 This will be draw , sorry both

teams wont risc anything....

Kazak : Turkey 0 : 5

Greece : Ukraine 1 : 0 Greece will win 100%

and least Turkey will beat Ukraine and Greece and Turkey will be in Germany !

Greetings from Turkey !!!!!

i will :not:

Sorry my greek friends but

Turkey : Greece 1 : 1 This will be draw , sorry both

teams wont risc anything....

Kazak : Turkey 0 : 5

Greece : Ukraine 1 : 0 Greece will win 100%

and least Turkey will beat Ukraine and Greece and Turkey will be in Germany !

Greetings from Turkey !!!!!

I think you're dreaming!!! A nice peace gesture on your part but Ukraine will be in the World Cup along with Greece or Turkey.

Archived