Phantis Forums

Transfer Rumors for Summer 2005

nightsurfer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sport Day's article is just a hypotheical thing... they asked a bunch of players if they would play for AEK and they all said yes becasue of the way the team is run, etc.. There is no mention of AEK actually wanting any of these guys, or making any attempts to sign them. Apart from the 3 players nightsurfer mentioned they also talk to Fyssa, Vryza, Zagoraki, and P. Konstadinidi.

Ebede is coming to AEK? My god you guys are already hard to beat, and now you'll have a good keeper, better than most in greece except nikopolidis. Oh well, maybe you'll lose Katsouranis

The thing I don't get is don't you still have a considerable amount of debt (around 40-45 millon Euro) and can still make transfers. I mean I could be mis-informed, I don't know how it worked with the 'Article 44' protection in Greece. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

From what I've heard and understood, Soares and Asuncao are on loan and must be given back at the end of the year (forget which portuguese team loaned em out). Though if AEK sells Katsouranis back to that team, they can keep Soares and Asuncao.

Though with the attendances you guys are getting and keep it up (especially next year, considering you'll probably end up in Europe, pref. CL) you could probably make enough money to pay off some debts and bring in some new players. Though, I'd be surprised to see Dabizas and Lakis some back. Ele is on the bench at Messina and would probably want to get out of there for some playing time (and a chance to start anew for an NT bid). Though consdiering how he's been as of late, I wouldn't want him to join if I were an AEK fan.

Regardless, if any goalie comes in, I'd tried to sell (at least loan) Hiotis to some team (probably lower end of Ethiniki A). Assuming Katsouranis goes, another midfielder or 2 (and a forward) as Katsouranis has scored many goals for you this year and I don't think Lympbe can do it by himself. If Ergotelis get's relegated (or you can get him for the right price regardless), i'd try to get Ogunsoto, very speedy and can finish, he's 3rd in the Ethinki in scoring and would definately give AEK some more power up front.

Thats it great news. When good players leave the league. :rolleyes:

Re file, look at your own team and how they should be made better. Not weakening the protathlima so you can win it by default.

• 3 weeks later...

AEK needs a keeper, you guys always talk about how good you'd be if you had one. Hiotis could either be a backup, or maybe go to cyprus, where there's a lower skill level. Ebede would be a good mover for AEK. As for alves and Asuncao, well I guess you guys need karagounis now. We'll see.

Archived