Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: SFK Lyn - PAOK

Ziaka

PAOK's next game is the return match in the UEFA Cup competition against SFK Lyn. As everyone knows, PAOK managed to lose at home to Lyn 1-0, which was a major suprise. PAOK now has to travel to Norway to try and gain qualification to the next round of the competition.

PAOK clearly has a better team than Lyn, but the question is which team will show up for the game. If we can get an early goal, I believe that we are through. My prediction is 3-0 for PAOK.

File grevena4, I have little bit more faith in our players. I think we can do it if we get an early goal.

However Lyn has been unbeaten in the Norwegian league ever since thety beat PAOK at Toumba.

Here are their last 5 results:

PAOK - Lyn 0-1

Lyn - Bryne 2-0

Sognal - Lyn 1-2

Lyn - Tromso 5-1

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised with the result going either way.

Me neither. It depends which team will show up for the game. If it is the team that tied Proodevtiki and Lyn at Toumba, then we will lose. But if the team plays to their capabilities, we have a chance of getting a win in Norway.

Yeah, it probably would be a disgrace. But I think that's what this team needs.

Because I would hate to think who their opponent is going to be in the next round. Why delay the embarrassment? Ask yourself, is it better to lose to a team like Lyn now? Or is it better to lose to a team like Newcastle, PSV, etc.... in the next round by the scores of 6-0 or 5-1?

For me, I would hate to see PAOK lose like that.

Batigol, I don't think I agree with you. The goal of PAOK should be to get the best possible result against any team that they face, and not to worry about who they might play in case they manage to eliminate Lyn.

PAOK in the the past faced many big European teams, and never did embarass themselves. I won't be disappointed if the team loses 5-1 to a team like Barcelona, as long as the youngsters on the team give their best effort, and gain valuable experience playing against big teams. What is an embarassment is getting eliminated by inferior team like Lyn.

Archived