Phantis Forums

Cyprus defeats Austria in shootout!

bides

Cyprus moved on to the final of the Cyprus International tournament by beating Austria 5 -4 in penelty shootout...

Austria took the lead in the first half on a header with 1 minute to play in the half...Cyprus then played better in the second half but could not capitalize on there chances... Finally Aloneftis was brought down in the box and Charalambides missed the spot kick...With 90 minutes approaching Cyprus was enduring the pressure and aloneftis found Bides who barried a shot past the keeper to go the penelty shootout....

Cyprus meets Finland in the final as they beat Latvia 2-1..

The first half was even but not too much action.. Cyprus could have won the game but could not capitalize..

Aggelos was proud of the boys for there determination as he got the result he was looking for...

Panayiotou Morphis

Velis Filioniotis

Ilia

Lambrou

Elfetheriou Charalambous

Satsias Mihail

Krassas Nikoloau

Makrides Goumenos

Bides

Aloneftis

Konstantinou Yiasemakis

Scorers in shootout Charalambous, Aloneftis, Ilia, Mihail, Nikoloau

How come Okkas did not play?

They did not say anything why Okkas did not play Im guessing he will play avrio...Aggelos likes Aloneftis the youngster he is one of the up and comers. Only 20 years of age he started instead.. He had a good game against the foreign all stars the other day.. Scoring on a free kick and setting up Yiasemakis...

Aggelos is also very big on his buddies from Paok Yiasemis and L Louka..

Louka should be playing avrio as well...

I like the idea of Morfis in goal. We can trust him, Finland is going to be tough. Jaaskelainen is doing well in England and will be difficult keeper to defeat, but if we get enough chances we should be fine. Finland, however, is far better than Austria

It should be a tough test vs Finland.. It will be interesting to see aggelos tactics avrio.. Im wondering if Konstantinou will start or if he will field a make shift line up.. I think georgiallides will play the whole game avrio in net....

Yiasemis is starting up front with Okkas today.. They are winning 1 - 0 at half i will give an update at the end of the match.. Yisemis score the other day .. I guess he is Angelos baby because he has not been performing as of late...

Archived