Phantis Forums

How pathetic....

drakos13

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mpics_indecency

wow.......how bad ur life must be if you can get offended by this and call history innapropriate........says viewers complained that the opening ceremony innapropriate for having nudity that was represented by ancient art!!! :blink:

" Male nudity, a woman's breast and simulated sex were the subjects of shrill complaints about the opening ceremony on August 13 which were posted by the FCC"

man what its not like those things dont exist in people???? isnt this a celebration of humanity!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i liked aggalopoulou's answers and comments. she really shut their mouths.

why are these people always complaining about other cultures?! they should first try and build an own one and not just overtake all the cultural aspects they like and sell them as their own ones. :tdown:

if they are sooo embarassed about the opening ceremony they should first think a little bit about what their children are doing during spring break. :box:

• 2 weeks later...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i liked aggalopoulou's answers and comments. she really shut their mouths.

why are these people always complaining about other cultures?! they should first try and build an own one and not just overtake all the cultural aspects they like and sell them as their own ones. :tdown:

if they are sooo embarassed about the opening ceremony they should first think a little bit about what their children are doing during spring break. :box:

SOSTO!! :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As an american I know damn well our media has got to be the worst in the world, leave it alone.

As another (Greek)-American, I agree with you on the fact then when it comes to overhyping and excessive, and "sensitivity" to certain things like this, the American media is hands-down the worst in the world.

Though in terms of bias, slander, rumors, and printing of rumors and other complete BS...surely the Greek media is the worst...or at least in the top 3 if compared for a straightforward and unbaised viewpoint <_< :rolleyes: :LOL: .

Though in terms of bias, slander, rumors, and printing of rumors and other complete BS...surely the Greek media is the worst...or at least in the top 3 if compared for a straightforward and unbaised viewpoint.

top three?! no way. the greek media are way ahead of all other on number one.

from time to time i have the feeling that compared to the ancient greeks, whos culture was also based on philosophy, the new greek culture has its foundations in the daily gossip being spread in the media.

just look at the news. 1.5 hours for every little happening in greece and about 5 minutes for everything else.

you might know this joke: (good example for the greek curiosity)

a german, a french and a greek are sitting in a bar and discussing what they would do to find out if their wifes cheated them.

german: i would go home and slap her once left and right in the face if i think that she cheated on me. after that i would look in her face and ask her if she did it or not. and for sure she would tell me the truth.

french: oh no. thats too violent. i would take her out in avery nice restaurant having a candle light dinner and after that i'd take her out on a moon shine walk. after this evening of pure romance her conscience would make her feel guilty and she would admit everything.

greek: oh come on guys. whats all that trouble for? i know a much easier way to find out if my wife was faithful or not. i would go over to my neighbours house and shout: "kyra koula!!! eisai pou**na!!" then she would come out and shout at me: "what? egw eimai pou**na?! egw i h gyneka sou pou pidiete apo to ...!!" ;)

Archived