Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

I'm not worried cause our Boys will kick the danes asses!!

GK: Nikopolidis. He's not replaceable at the moment and does his job very well. Just needs to focus on his position on crosses.

D: Kapsis, Fyssas, Dellas, Seiteridis-Kyrgiakos will sub for Kapsis or Fyssas.

MIDS: Zagorakis, Karagounis(my man), Giannakopoulos (SUB: Giorgadis), Katsouranis-might see Kafes in there depending on how things are progressing.

F: Charisteas, Vryzas (SUB:Amanatidis)

:box: :gr: Forward we go to WC'06!!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like everything is to Ellas advantage but we must beware

especially of Tommason

i mean its great for us that Denmark will be missing key players but they do have fill ins so lets worry about wuts at hand

and beat them so we can tighten up the race to the wc

At this point two people are fighting for that spot.

Kostas Katsouranis and Sotiris Kyriakos, this might be a blessing IMHO. Kapsis is getting old, the backline sooner or later will need some fresh legs to pair with big man Dellas and it's Kyriakos' time, Rehagel knows this.

i think kyriakos will do a great job..he is a world class centre-back and i think this i his chance to shin and take control of that central role..hes the definitly the future of our defense....i would really like to see amanatidis and since pap looks to be injuried i hope he gets time...he is a very gifted player and if rehhagel doesnt use him it would be a loss..he too is the future...

Denmarks medfielder Thomas Rasmussen got out of the game Wednesday because of an "illness."

Yes i agree olympiakos11 Tomasson has been scoring most of the goals for Denmark

but i think our team can still win and that Amanatidis, the new striker, will try to prove himself with a victory

like i have said before

at our goal i believe we will be fine and i never worry about that end

tommasson is really their only threat

i can see them going 5-4-1

so counterattacking will need to be controlled

our midfielders need to be a key and be very creative

if they do their is no reason why we can't score

Amantidis from wut i heard is terrific and is only 23

Charisteas is 24 so nice striking duo

Vryzas has been in good form so i am liking our chances

now lets go beat those danes and move up on the rankings points wise and cost our opponents to drift

beat the danes

Elladara mou pare to niki

On a side note, I'd also be hoping for a draw or a Ukraine win against Albania. If Greece and Ukraine both win, we'll have control of 2nd place by 2 points...with plenty of oppertunities for the Ukrainians to drop points :) (they still have to play in Pireaus along with playing the Danes again). Also, I'd rather be assured of 2nd place (and a playoff slot) versus a 3-horse race possibly eliminating us narrowly at the end with no shot for 2nd (a la Denmark in WC Qual. 98). Also, top 3 2nd place teams amongst all groups automatically qualify without going through a playoff. :tup: :rolleyes: :gr:

listen lets get through this game v Denmark and then we can worry about seedings

Danes aren't push overs but we are a better team and we need to show our superiority over them

European champions Greece, in fifth place with five points following a defeat, two draws and only one win, will be without their talented midfielder Vassilis Tsiartas who is injured. Defender Michalis Kapsis and striker Dimitris Papadopoulos are also doubtful.

Team captain Theodoros Zagorakis and midfielder Angelos Basinas have also picked up minor injuries but both are expected to start.

Coach Otto Rehhagel is likely to stick with his 4-4-2 formation that so far has served him well, bringing on midfielder Costas Katsouranis in a more defensive role in the place of Kapsis and keeping Angelos Haristeas and Zisis Vryzas up front.

Denmark who are second with six points after one win and three draws, have already lost midfielders Thomas Rasmussen and Claus Jensen as well as defender Thomas Helveg with injuries.

good thing Zagorakis will be playing

i don't expect too much from Basinas i mean he has just been in a slump all season

maybe this game raises his level of play

our strikers are the key here they need to score

i hear all u guys praising Kyriakos which is good for our team if he plays well but they are other players on the tema too so lets not forget him

i mean all of u are going nuts after he has a good match u know just chill

back to Ellas control the game take advantage of Denmark on being weak links

no reason why we shouldn't win this game

Giannakopoulos and Karagounis need to dominate the midfield and create good scoring opportunities on goal

tommasson needs to be contained and this is where Kyriakos and dellas are the key shut that guy down and anybody else

now lets all go to Karaiskaki and if were not their our spirit will be and it will be a crazy atomosphere their

lets go Elladara mas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way denmark coach named Olsen said that Greece has all the pressure on them and aren't playing like European Champions

well i guess this is a good time to show him and everybody who hates on us why we are the Champions of Europe

beat their asses and beat them good

Collina is the ref for this game

loves to blow the whistle and give cards

i mean it will be less physical which is denmark's advantage i hope he lets them play and better

I think this is by far our most difficult game... Although I don't see us winning, I will be in Kokkaliskaki cheering for our lads....

By the way I am the first one to think that Zinedine-Basinas must be benched but on the other hand I think that for the NT he transorms to a completely different player.... So I think my prefereed line up would be this...

------------------------ADONAKI-MELOS--------------------

GIOURKAS------------DELLAS---------KYRIAKOS(ARHODAS)---------FYSSAS

--------------------------KATSOURANIS------------------------

--------ZAGORAKIS----------ZINEDINE BASINAS-------------KARAGOUNA-----------

--------------VRYZAS---------------CHARISTEAS----------------

Go Ellas!!!! :tup: Prediction: 1-0 Ellas!!!!

Archived