Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think Otto will start with Amantidis

he probably isn't comfortable with him starting

i see him as a sub coming in to either score or just replacing Charisteas or Vryzas

both of them have had a good run of form lately

Tsairtas will be missing

bad blow

terrific set piece player

but we are a team so somebody will have to pick up the slack

lets go Ellas

this is another must win game

anything less will be unacceptable and a blow to our chances so must win here

Elladara mou pare to niki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz Basinas SUCKS! he hasnt played half 1 decent game since Skoda Ksanthi--- (in the beginning of the year) unless his form for the ethniki can be radically different he should not play. I dont want to lose to Denmark, i want to win. Basinas's corners and freekicks are way off form....and he plays like crap. but if he can be a diff player and play like in portugal again with the ethniki i dont doubt King Otto ever!

But i really hope to see Katsouranis start over him, Katsouranis is playing so great and Angelos is such crap lately.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Antonis Nikopolidis (Olympiakos), Kostas Chalkias (Portsmouth, England)

Defenders: Traianos Dellas (AS Roma, Italy), Yannis Goumas

(Panathinaikos), Yourkas Seitaridis (Porto, Portugal), Takis Fyssas (Benfica, Portugal), Michalis Kapsis (Girondins Bordeaux, France), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers, Scotland)

Midfielders: Costas Katsouranis (AEK Athens), Angelos Basinas (Panathinaikos), Theodoros Zagorakis (Bologna, Italy), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiakos), Vassilis Lakis (Crystal Palace, England), Giorgios Georgiadis (Olympiakos), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers, England), Giorgos Karagounis (Inter Milan, Italy)

Forwards: Dimitrios Papadopoulos (Panathinaikos), Zisis Vryzas (Celta Vigo, Spain), Angelos Haristeas (Ajax Amesterdam, Netherlands), Ioannis Amanatidis (Kaiserslautern, Germany)

i the score will be 1-0 our way!! got a good feeling about this...

Greeces stats against Denmark:

Greece has played a total of eight matches with denmark since 1964. We've won two, lost three, and tied three times.

11-OCT-97 ATHENS (Greece) Greece vs. Denmark 0:0 FIFA WC 1998 Prel. Comp. UEFA

09-OCT-96 COPENHAGEN (Denmark) Denmark vs. Greece 2:1 (1:1) FIFA WC 1998 Prel. Comp. UEFA

17-MAY-89 COPENHAGEN (Denmark) Denmark vs. Greece 7:1 (2:1) FIFA WC 1990 Prel. Comp. UEFA

19-OCT-88 ATHENS (Greece) Greece vs. Denmark 1:1 (1:0) FIFA WC 1990 Prel. Comp. UEFA

14-OCT-81 THESSALONIKI (Greece) Greece vs. Denmark 2:3 (0:2) FIFA WC 1982 Prel. Comp. UEFA

15-OCT-80 COPENHAGEN (Denmark) Denmark vs. Greece 0:1 (0:0) FIFA WC 1982 Prel. Comp. UEFA

27-OCT-65 COPENHAGEN (Denmark) Denmark vs. Greece 1:1 (1:1) FIFA WC 1966 Prel. Comp. UEFA

29-NOV-64 ATHENS (Greece) Greece vs. Denmark 4:2 (1:0) FIFA WC 1966 Prel. Comp. UEFA

It'll be a close game probably but the winning goal will be a corner kick from greece and hopefully a head kick from one of our forwards

That game in 1997 was huge ----and heartbreaking

i think it was Demis who came offe the bench and almost scored - we would have played in France with a win.

Paahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's time for revenge

Anyone want to predict the starting 11?

Nikopolidis

Giorkas

Dellas

Kyriakos

Fyssas

Zagorakis

Karagounis

Giankopoulos

Katsouranis

Vryzas

Charisteas

That my guess - with some of the hotter players in

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

I agree with the loup's lineup for the most part...my variation (4-4-2):

GK: Nikopolidis

Not the best year for Oly, but there's no alternative.

Defense: Fyssas, Kapsis (SUB: Kyriagos), Dellas, Seiteridis

It worked at the Euro 2004, don't mess w/ success :D :gr: .

Midfield: Zagorakis, Karagounis, Giankopoulos (SUB: Lakis), Katsouranis

I don't see how Otto could play Basinas with the way he's been playing this year :la: .

Strikers: Charisteas, Vryzas (SUB: Amanitidis)

Same as above, cept' with Pap. Besides I think he'e better than Pap anyway.

Archived