Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

Prediction time already

'10 GRE Zizis Vryzas

'68 GRE Angelos Charisteas

W-Nikopolidis

L-Sorensen

We'll be out shot. We'll start strong. Charisteas fires a shot from distance. Sorsensen has trouble and tips it over the net. Giannakopoulos lines up the corner kick and finds Charisteas who volleys off target and then Vryzas on a strange angle puts it home. Tomasson then gets a couple nice chances but can't hit the net. He gets his chance when Seitaridis forces a PK, after pulling him down. Tomasson goes top right but Nikopolidis's agility has him get both gloves on it. 68th minute, now Giannakopoulos in possesion finds a cutting Charisteas crosses as Charisteas finds the twine, heading it low, past Sorensen. Rehhagel pulls a mid, replaces him with a back now with 5-3-2 instead of 4-4-2. We hold on and feel the UEFA EURO 2004 nostalgia once more.

sounds nice and realistic..... :gr:

i can see that happening... :tup:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I'm always graphic like that. It's also nice that our NT is based in Piraeus. JK, PAO fans, I'm sure once you got your new gipedo, you guys'll host some games.

no its not nice, i prefer to here ELLAS ELLAS in the stadiums and see blue and white. not red and osfp chants. they get to do that every sunday, dont take away from the greek people and come to support your club just because its their stadium. anyways The government elected by the greek people paid for that so its theirs and not yours. I think we should have qualifying games in Touba too......not just Karaiskaki...Touba is bigger anyways and has no track right???

Drakos, did you fail to read the JK. Sorry, let me spell it for you. Just Kidding. No doubt our gipedo is greece's gipedo, too. Yes, it will be a sea of blue and white. Yes, ELLAS ELLAS will be the chant. I also said once you have your new gipedo, maybe it'll be Greece's gipedo from time to time. Actually OAKA should be designated as the home of the national team. Kick AEK out, get them their own building and make OAKA for all of greece. It was Greece 's building to host the Olympics and their are other benefits. It's big, put as many greece fans as you can. it's beautiful, that spanish architect made it the most beautiful building used for sports in the world. I mean, why should only AEK enjoy this work of art.

it wasnt a joke.......recently at national games some idiots go to cheer for Thrinos and boo PAO players. absolute disgrace to people everywhere. Im not talking about our future gypedo- im saying we should also use Toumpa- because its in thessaloniki, bigger and has no track. theres no reason to have the matches all in karaiskaki while touba is very good and available.

Otto prefers not to have a track around the field so OAKA wont be used, i agree, with a track its not as loud- this is why before we were playing in leoforo because it was so close...

as for AEK its not theirs, its rented. The building IS for all of greece ton enjoy. AEK just uses it for their home ground because thy dont have one.

They should do as they do here, in the States. Put in retractable seats over the track. You can have seats, that get closer to the field, but since they are retractable, the seats can come off the track for track meets. As for our chanting at national games, yea it's a shame, and hopefully it doesn't become a ritual. Honestly, I wasn't very well aware this was happening. As for Toumba, I wouldn't say it's as nice as Karaiskaki. Of course, you know I think being that OAKA is supposed to be Greece's treasure, it should serve a purpose like say Wembley does. As for AEK, I just want to know, where will they be moving, when the time comes.

they willl eventually have there own ground.......

touba isnt as nice, but its no track, its in a major city, and capacity is more than Karaiskaki. Karaikaki is fancier yes, but still its not fair when Thessaloniki has an equally qualified stadium with more capacity and not get any serious games...... i just want to see the touba because i think the atmosphere up there will be way more intimidating for teams to play in...

as for the retractable seats what about the seats that are already at the ground level? they wont be able to see anything...i dont see how it could work, is there a picture u could show me???

Well, some construction would have to be done. Seats could be raised, they could possibly reconstruct the front few rows, do what it takes to have the perfect football ground, because OAKA is a beautiful building and with the above improvements, it could be perfect.

hmmm... smells like draw spirit... 1-1 let me say... Gronkjaer (0-1) ' 43 / Angelos (1-1) '79...

read the post before u post!

gronkjaer is suspended and u should know that cause he got redcarded in the game against u and has only served 1 game until now against georgia

Gkekas for the National team you must be dreaming not this qualifying period.. Vrizas and charisteas will be up front... tsartas is the key on the team he should be starting every match.. the magician will do the trick against Denmark!!!!

You might as well call up saravakos if your going to call gkekas will see what this guys does a pao first if he even plays..

Gkekas for the National team you must be dreaming not this qualifying period.. Vrizas and charisteas will be up front... tsartas is the key on the team he should be starting every match.. the magician will do the trick against Denmark!!!!

You might as well call up saravakos if your going to call gkekas will see what this guys does a pao first if he even plays..

why dont we call Okkas :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

bidi-

You havent seen Gkekas ever play he is a whole class above your precious-gavro-pousth-katsiki Okkas, he can dribble, control, and the key thing--- SCORE. he is the leading scorer in the A ethniki, and Papadopoulos and Mixalh wont have easy 11 spots they will now have to work.... Man what kind of PAO fan opens up a topic praising OSFP players anyways.

I said for the FUTURE he has potential to play- look at our strikers- vryzas should start is getting older- Salpiggidis is good, Kapetanos is good, Gkekas is good- give Gkekas a couple years and if he works hard and plays like he did with Kallithea you wil see for yourself. FUTURE. not now.

u critisize everyone else about not reading you should read yourself???

You guys seem to forget that Denmark has one of Europe's most in form attacking midfielders, umm, he plays for this team called Real Madrid. I think they're in Spain maybe? :P Gravesen has been in tremendous form this year and Everton are gonna go down the pipes unless they pick some central midfielder this month. This means that he is a pivotal part of any team he plays for. He makes or breaks the attack and with Basinas terribly out of form, this doesn't bode well. I think we have to play Katsouranis the whole 90 against this guy and play aggressively otherwise he will run rampant and feed tremendous balls to Rommedahl and Tomasson, not mention probably score.

:gr:

You guys seem to forget that Denmark has one of Europe's most in form attacking midfielders, umm, he plays for this team called Real Madrid. I think they're in Spain maybe? :P Gravesen has been in tremendous form this year and Everton are gonna go down the pipes unless they pick some central midfielder this month. This means that he is a pivotal part of any team he plays for. He makes or breaks the attack and with Basinas terribly out of form, this doesn't bode well. I think we have to play Katsouranis the whole 90 against this guy and play aggressively otherwise he will run rampant and feed tremendous balls to Rommedahl and Tomasson, not mention probably score.

:gr:

he is a useless defensive midfielder not a offencive an real made a wrong move by getting him!

believe me cause i live in denmark and now very much about the danish players!

their best when playing on the flanks and gravesen is best at tackling and roaming around

(half of the games he play he is even more useless than basinas bad games) defensive midfielder

bidi-

You havent seen Gkekas ever play he is a whole class above your precious-gavro-pousth-katsiki Okkas, he can dribble, control, and the key thing--- SCORE. he is the leading scorer in the A ethniki, and Papadopoulos and Mixalh wont have easy 11 spots they will now have to work.... Man what kind of PAO fan opens up a topic praising OSFP players anyways.

I said for the FUTURE he has potential to play- look at our strikers- vryzas should start is getting older- Salpiggidis is good, Kapetanos is good, Gkekas is good- give Gkekas a couple years and if he works hard and plays like he did with Kallithea you wil see for yourself. FUTURE. not now.

u critisize everyone else about not reading you should read yourself???

Maybe Papadopoulos wont have a spot in the National Team and who the fU%% says i have not seen him play.. I wish him good luck with the green But remember he has Mr Olisadebe on the bench too. He is the leading scorer for the league.. Buddy you could probably be the leading scorer for that team.. This guy will never see the National team in a few years they proabaly send him back to kallithea.. Oh mY God Denmark be aware Gkekas is coming......vrizas and Charisteas wont be losing there jobs any time soon.....

I will open threads in any time I wish for any player I wish......

Salpigides will play over this guy anyday!!!!!! DID you forget about Pap tooo.

Like I said let him fight for a spot on pao then you can mention his name on the National team .. You wont be seeing it any time soon thats for sure....

u guys can stop arguing a bit

lets worry about denmark here

remember we do need to win this game to have a good chance in qualifying to the w.c.

i heard the game was sold out within a hour

thats great to here

and hopefully they will give the spirit for the team to play a level higher and win

lets go Elladara mas

we got European glory now were taking the steps to strive for World glory

lets go ELLAS#1

I doubt Pap will play (or be called up) becuase he's out of form. Granted, he hasen't had much of an oppertunity w/ Scazny as coach (retard) so it's not entirely his fault. Vryzas is having a pretty good year with Celta Vigo but if he can't really do anything by 70 min. he should be subbed. I think Salpingidis deserves a run or two as he's shown he should be in the running for some playing time. Gekkas will get his chance, though a must-win game against Denmark shouldn't be it.

Archived