Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

Time to start discussing the next game for the Greek NT in the World Cup qualifying group is against Denmark at Karaiskaki Stadium.

This is absolutely a must win game for the Greek NT in order to have any chance of qualifying to the Finals in Germany in 2006.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no saying fluke hollywood.....greece was the best in that tournament, not arguable. they took the hosts/favourites twice, without controversy, cleanly, the other heavy favourite and the defending champ. no fluke.

i didnt say that, thats what others will say....

Good time to talk about this topic

Feb 9th i believe is when the match will happen

Denmark is a point ahead of us right now with 6

but in their last game i believe against Georgia they were up 1-0 and 2-1 and it ended up being a draw 2-2

i have said this before if Greece is to qualify to the WC either through the first or second we finish in the group we must now on win all our home games

Tomasson from AC Milan seems like the only one scoring for Denmark so he must be a proirty

to me everything depends on Greece's Midfield and especially their forwards

they looked terrific last game but remember it was against Kazhanstan

they need to create chances and off course put the ball in the net.

hopefully everybody will be fit for that game and get the win

winning this game does a couple of things for starters it gives Greece 3 valuable points and moves them to 8 points

before this tournament started i am sure everybody would agree with me when i say that it would be basically be a four team race for 2 spots Greece, Ukraine, Denmark, and Turkey.

at of the day Greece could be ahead both Denmark and Turkey(depends whether they lose or draw of course)

but first thing first Greece must take care of business which is beating Denmark and if they just take care on wuts on hand everything will fall into place

Elladara mou pare to niki apo tin dania

i didnt say that, thats what others will say....

well than show them a picture of the trophy, and let them talk to that for a while. they can say that all they want but in the last 3 years greece earned that trophy with hard work. what have "big" teams done like Spain and England? Not s%$#! at all.

Denmark is a fantastic team. unfourtunatly they cant play in must win situations..

in the world cup 2002 and in the euro they impressed me more than any other team (exept for greece) until they make the next round where they collapse...

On top of that we have to pay Denmark back for the way they eliminated us from the 1998 WC.

well this only adds more spice into the game that already has such high stakes

it would be sweet to beat them and turn their wc hopes down the drain

but lets get the win first then we can do all the celebrating we want lol

Is everyone healthy for this game? We'll definitely need everyone....

denmark is without winger and most dangerous midfield player gronkjaer(just moved from birmingham to atletico madrid)

before that he had 2-3 seasons with chelsea also scoring in the semi against monaco last year.

he was dismissed at the turkey game and has only served 1 of to games banned(1 against georgia). so this is def. good news for us.

also laursen defender of aston villa(spent a couple of seasons with milan) is injured along with another defender kroldrup of udinese.

more to follow

Tommason is their man up front (and probably their best player overall). He'll probably start but if our backline can play like we did in Euro 2004, we'll have him (along with a couple of their decent EPL players) shut down and useless. Remember, these aren't the 'Danish Dynamite' teams of the 80's and 90's and are easily beatable. If Georgia can draw them, then we can definately beat them. With thier marginal defense already losing a important starter, we should score. Barring any other injuries, I'd say 2-1 Ellas :gr: :tup: . Charisteas and Vrysas (late winner) scoring, w/ Tomasson scoring for the Danes.

Prediction time already

'10 GRE Zizis Vryzas

'68 GRE Angelos Charisteas

W-Nikopolidis

L-Sorensen

We'll be out shot. We'll start strong. Charisteas fires a shot from distance. Sorsensen has trouble and tips it over the net. Giannakopoulos lines up the corner kick and finds Charisteas who volleys off target and then Vryzas on a strange angle puts it home. Tomasson then gets a couple nice chances but can't hit the net. He gets his chance when Seitaridis forces a PK, after pulling him down. Tomasson goes top right but Nikopolidis's agility has him get both gloves on it. 68th minute, now Giannakopoulos in possesion finds a cutting Charisteas crosses as Charisteas finds the twine, heading it low, past Sorensen. Rehhagel pulls a mid, replaces him with a back now with 5-3-2 instead of 4-4-2. We hold on and feel the UEFA EURO 2004 nostalgia once more.

Prediction time already

'10 GRE Zizis Vryzas

'68 GRE Angelos Charisteas

W-Nikopolidis

L-Sorensen

We'll be out shot. We'll start strong. Charisteas fires a shot from distance. Sorsensen has trouble and tips it over the net. Giannakopoulos lines up the corner kick and finds Charisteas who volleys off target and then Vryzas on a strange angle puts it home. Tomasson then gets a couple nice chances but can't hit the net. He gets his chance when Seitaridis forces a PK, after pulling him down. Tomasson goes top right but Nikopolidis's agility has him get both gloves on it. 68th minute, now Giannakopoulos in possesion finds a cutting Charisteas crosses as Charisteas finds the twine, heading it low, past Sorensen. Rehhagel pulls a mid, replaces him with a back now with 5-3-2 instead of 4-4-2. We hold on and feel the UEFA EURO 2004 nostalgia once more.

i'll take that result

or something equaling a win lol

Archived