Phantis Forums

Barca Want Roma’s Dellas

HOLLYWOOD

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=40807&idSez=20

According to the player’s agent, Traianos Dellas has received various offers from Spain, including one from Barcelona.

The Greek defender has been one of the few consistent players so far at Roma and has attracted the attention of many clubs. The Giallorossi have not yet offered him a contract extension and might therefore be able to leave Rome next June on a free transfer.

“Today I returned from Spain and I brought home another interesting offer for Traianos,” declared Maurizio Tonicchi, Dellas’ agent, “In that country, the player has a lot of market. We have already received various offers and we are evaluationg them.”

What do you guys think??

I don't KNow about all that my friend....

I can definitely see Dellas being at a clube like that but Basinas and Zagorakis ??????????

When you look at clubs like these they look at young well developed players, not some that are getting ready to go over the hill. Now don't get me wrong, All 3 of them are FANTASTIC players but not Barca's caliber..

Just some thoughts

Guest Protathlitis

Below Barca's calibre? nup. Would you have said that after this summer? Zagorakis can play for any team in the world. That guys a superstar, only thing is that hes too old, but hes not below calibre.

Basinas is going through a bad stretch of form but the whole of panathinaikos isnt doing that well form wise at the moment either. He played great in CL and he'll get back to form. Basinas is world class in my opinion, the kind of calmness and balance he gives to a midfield and the passes he sprays around the pitch is good enough for any club.

below calibre? come on man dont you remember the way these guys played this summer?

Below Barca's calibre? nup. Would you have said that after this summer? Zagorakis can play for any team in the world. That guys a superstar, only thing is that hes too old, but hes not below calibre.

Basinas is going through a bad stretch of form but the whole of panathinaikos isnt doing that well form wise at the moment either. He played great in CL and he'll get back to form. Basinas is world class in my opinion, the kind of calmness and balance he gives to a midfield and the passes he sprays around the pitch is good enough for any club.

below calibre? come on man dont you remember the way these guys played this summer?

the summer is over, and Basinas hasnt been the same. World Class? You have to be shitting me. The guy couldnt get a spot on many segunda division sides the way hes playing. Its not just sloppy, its lazy too. He is turning into David Beckham.....worthless except for set peices. Its not PAO's bad form its HIS. There are players at PAO who are doing great so why not Basinas?

Zagorakis could make it but he just moved and he doesnt want to leave again...

Guest Protathlitis

The summer is over only because its winter now. That dosent mean we shouldnt consider that very recent tournament in our evaluations of the player. He was your second best player in CL if not the your best (ahead of Munch aswell). He'll be back to good form. What i meant was Basinas is playing in a team which isnt playing that well. Basinas is a great player.

Basinas is a good player and so is our the whole Greek National team however 95% of them could never cut it at a club like Barcelona!! only reason why ur saying this is because u have National Pride which is fine but its making u blind at the same time!

If u look at Greeces Achievments, the only reason why they won Euro 2004 is because they played like a Unit! we do not have any individual stars like the likes of Raul or Ronaldo, and that is why u will never see the likes of Basinas or Dellas playing in Barcelona or Real Madrid because there not good enough, they only played well in euro 2004 coz they played like a unit however when they come back to there clubs, then u see how good they are individually....

All in All Basinas will never cut it in Barcelona However i belive Dellas might have a chance...

Guest Protathlitis

you talk about Raul, look what he did at euro; s%$#! all. Your right we played as a unit, still it takes a lot more than that to win the european crown. They proved on the biggest stage there is at the highest standard (higher than CL or WC) that they are world class players.

You hear the xenoi saying that all our diethnes are unknown; that dosent mean s%$#!, they are all world class.

Nikopolidis - world class keeper (regardless of if you think hes a traitor)

Fyssas - fantastic at euro; best LB there. hes better than a lot of the top teams' left backs.

Kapsis - When you perform like he did against the french, the portuguese and the czechs you cant deny hes world class. better than other big name centre backs

Dellas - dont think i need to say anything

Seitaridis - the best right back in the world

Zagorakis - world class. Without a doubt he was player of the tournament

Basinas - world class. What a tournament he had, hes been playing below his standards recently but had a great CL campaign too.

Karagounis - world class; deserves a spot at inter

Stelios - Great player, needs to show it for bolton though.

Charisteas - world class striker, he needs to work on parts of his game but hes gonna be big

you talk about Raul, look what he did at euro; s%$#! all. Your right we played as a unit, still it takes a lot more than that to win the european crown. They proved on the biggest stage there is at the highest standard (higher than CL or WC) that they are world class players.

You hear the xenoi saying that all our diethnes are unknown; that dosent mean s%$#!, they are all world class.

Fyssas - fantastic at euro; best LB there. hes better than a lot of the top teams' left backs.

Kapsis - When you perform like he did against the french, the portuguese and the czechs you cant deny hes world class. better than other big name centre backs

Basinas - world class. What a tournament he had, hes been playing below his standards recently but had a great CL campaign too.

Charisteas - world class striker, he needs to work on parts of his game but hes gonna be big

Mate you got problems of understanding the issue!!!

Greece played 10/10 in Euro 2004 as a Unit!! all our players played atleast 8+/10 in jst about all games in euro 2004!! However we never had an individual player whos the likes of Ronaldo or Rooney(name one if u think so) that shocked the world and made everyone talk about them and thats why not many big clubs bought our players because there all medi-core players, playing well as a Unit, none of them r anything special.. (mayb Dellas and Seitaridis however they have to do alot of work to prove them selves)

I mean if Greece didnt play well as a Unit then they wouldnt even had scored a goal in that comp!!! Where other stronger nations who have superstars still would of won games in the comp!!

If u dnt belive me look at our World Cup Run atm!!! were strugling, and u know why?? because all our players a medi-core that need to play there best as a unit to do well, if not then they might as well go home because they havent got a superstar which the likes of Barcelona will want!!'

P.S b4 u talk how about u read what i write because i always supported Nikopolidis on the whole issue of him leaving pao were my fellow pao supporters baged him out!!!

Seitaridis is the best Greek player in a while :tup:

If he continues to grow he has the potential, physically and mentally, to become a superstar.

I hope he continues to work hard at it, and does NOT get discouraged if things do not always work out in his favour. With some character he is capable of greatness.

Karagounis is another example of the same, he has a great work ethic, but not as much talent or speed as Giourkas.

Bassinas is one of those players that will eternally be underrated, because his specialty is to do all the dirty work, and do it silently.

Aggelos is noticed more when he does NOT play, that is when his effectiveness is truly missed.

Dellas has become a very solid defender, one that any team could use.

Zagorakis is a great asset to our NT and the most influential player in the Euro 2004. He is not someone to be targeted by the mega teams because of age and the availability of talent at his position. He should stay at a smaller club where his contribution will be recognized the most.

Charisteas made a good move to Ajax, where he will hopefully be a starter at an easier league.

Fyssas, Giourkas, Mihalis (Kapsis), Stelios, are all doing fine where they are.

My concern is that Karagounaros has been waisting away at Inter.

He needs a transfer out, to a good team where he will start.

Bassinas is an "academia" product and should stay at PAO, where he is the heart and soul of the team.

He must be disheartened seeing the way most of his best friends were treated by the PAO "management"...

Just like Kara, Giourka, Lybe, Fyssa, Antoni,... I would never want to see him leave, but could not blame him for trying.

This is the way the Vardi... do business :tdown:

PEACE

Guest Protathlitis

P.S b4 u talk how about u read what i write because i always supported Nikopolidis on the whole issue of him leaving pao were my fellow pao supporters baged him out!!!

yeah i know, it may have seemed like it was aimed at you but it was aimed at greek soccer fans in general because i know a lot of pao fans hate him even after what he did for the NT.

However we never had an individual player whos the likes of Ronaldo or Rooney

Rooney was hugley over hyped in my opinion. altough players like zagorakis, seitaridis, dellas, charisteas got heaps of plaudits the foreign press were intent on creating a story about defensiveness, team unit etc. I dont really care about the kind of stir they created and how many people talked about them. what im saying is that just about everyone in the team is world class and that they could play for the best clubs

I mean if Greece didnt play well as a Unit then they wouldnt even had scored a goal in that comp!!! Where other stronger nations who have superstars still would of won games in the comp!!

What i was saying is that no matter how much of a great team unit we proved to be because of a new mentality, no team can win what is in my opinion the hardest thing to win in footall without having the players.

The foreign, and when we say foreign we mostly mean english press are, can say what ever they want and make a hype about rooney becoming the next PELE :LOL: .

Since we're talking about individual players, i think that most of our european champs are good enough for any team in the world. Do you disagree with any of my summary of our Diethnes?

Seitaridis is the best Greek player in a while :tup:

If he continues to grow he has the potential, physically and mentally, to become a superstar.

I hope he continues to work hard at it, and does NOT get discouraged if things do not always work out in his favour. With some character he is capable of greatness.

Karagounis is another example of the same, he has a great work ethic, but not as much talent or speed as Giourkas.

Bassinas is one of those players that will eternally be underrated, because his specialty is to do all the dirty work, and do it silently.

Aggelos is noticed more when he does NOT play, that is when his effectiveness is truly missed.

Dellas has become a very solid defender, one that any team could use.

Zagorakis is a great asset to our NT and the most influential player in the Euro 2004. He is not someone to be targeted by the mega teams because of age and the availability of talent at his position. He should stay at a smaller club where his contribution will be recognized the most.

Charisteas made a good move to Ajax, where he will hopefully be a starter at an easier league.

Fyssas, Giourkas, Mihalis (Kapsis), Stelios, are all doing fine where they are.

My concern is that Karagounaros has been waisting away at Inter.

He needs a transfer out, to a good team where he will start.

Bassinas is an "academia" product and should stay at PAO, where he is the heart and soul of the team.

He must be disheartened seeing the way most of his best friends were treated by the PAO "management"...

Just like Kara, Giourka, Lybe, Fyssa, Antoni,... I would never want to see him leave, but could not blame him for trying.

This is the way the Vardi... do business :tdown: 

PEACE

I totally agree with you :)

Im just asking. About Seitaridis, Dident Real Madrid want him?

And dont forget..

Giourkas is the best :D

Guest Protathlitis

Madrid and Milan both want Giourkas cos hes the best RB in the world.

@HOLLYWOOD; which part? the part about a team with a great work ethic, mentality, team unit is what Greece had but its not enough to win the hardest cup to win in the world. The part about how the english press' hype dosent matter? anyway another thing on that is that the press dont usually care to hype holding midfielders or defenders.

Since we're talking about individual players; which of my summary do you disagree with?

i will agree giourkas is the best in the world at his position........a year ago i would say the same for the melos-Antonis as goalkepper, when he was playing for PAO i couldnt beleive no major clubs went for him, he was world class before the euro, and proved it in the euro. as for now, hes not what he used to be at all.

i dont think its an overdose of pride, but true.

also was our success really that big a surprise???? really? since the last euro greece has been on the rise.........

PAO's squad had big CL success and great uefa run losing to the future champ and CL winner in overtime out of bad luck... AEK makes a strong showing in CL fighting to come back against Real Madrid and Roma, undefeated in the champions league... and names we will see later in the blue shirt are shining at this point: Basinas, Seitaridis, Fissas, Karagkounis, Nikopolidis, Tsiartas, Nikolaidis, Katsouranis,Lakis, Zagorakis....Charisteas has a great first season with Werder....

and the ethniki with rehagel after a tipota match with finland, completly dominates in Old Trafford, and is extremely unlucky not to beat England in its home soil when it desperatly needed a victory, then we go on and after 2 games beat every team in our group without conceding a goal....we tied portugal with 10 men for 70 minutes, and put away soundly other euro qualifiers Switzerland and Bulgaria easily. we are way better than just luck.....and the players are maybe not the very best but definitly very close.

@HOLLYWOOD;

Since we're talking about individual players; which of my summary do you disagree with?

Remember im jst gonna be harsh and honest with no Greek pride as i go through ur list!

Question is weather or not these players can play for any huge team?? the likes of Barcelona?

Nikopolidis - Great Keeper!! ive always loved this guy! i reckon he would have a shot at the big time However his age is abit of a F*ck up...

Fyssas - No chance, sure he played well in euro but he was a weakest defender in the starting 11 and through out his carrer has been medi core except in euro... to little to late..

Kapsis - to old, yet again to little to late to shine...

Dellas - Great, i think he has a really good chance of making it, but has to do it now at 28

Seitaridis - Hot prospect!! 100% he will make it

Zagorakis - to old!! his great but like b4, to little to late to shine at 33 for a club like Barcelona!! question is why wasnt he playing like that 7 years ago and his peak???

Basinas - same thing as fyssas...

Karagounis - Good but stuglling!! 50/50 like someone said b4 has to move clubs to get a shot...

Stelios - played in a medi core team, is medi core.. face the facts, nothing more

Charisteas - 50/50 with abit of luck could be a huge star!!

so thats about 4/11 players that have a shot...

Guest Protathlitis

We're not talking about whether or not they have a shot, we're talking about whether or not we think that right now, regardless of age, they are good enough to play on the best teams in europe: the milans, juve, roma, barca, real and the koloaggloi teams even though theyre not as good as the spanish/ italian teams.

I wouldent call it too little too late re. They won us euro, for me international tournaments (euro and WC) are where the great players have to play great. Doing this for us was enough to make their careers. We cant deny just how incredibly well they played.

If i Look at some of the players on the 'big teams' and, without Greek pride or whatever the opposite of that is, i can say that just about everyone on our ethniki is good enough for those big teams.

here ill give some specific examples of why i think the other 6/10 also are good enough players

if i was coach of madrid id take fyssas over roberto carlos (i know people will probably disagree). By the kind of treatment the madrid fans give him i think they feel the same way. he could also be LB at chelsea, milan ahead of pancaro. what about barca's LB its van bronkhorst i think. Fyssas could play ahead of him. riise etc. etc.

kara is better than plenty of midfielders at the big clubs same with basinas, zagorakis and even stelios. kapsis and dellas are better than silvestre in my opinion also, both of real CBs samuel and helguera, carragher, hyppia, marquez, mihjalovic and materazzi (whoever inter plays in defence).

also id take antonis over lehmann, that new almunia, carrol, duduk, kirkland etc etc. Hes one of the best in europe - i stand by that.

We're not talking about whether or not they have a shot, we're talking about whether or not we think that right now, regardless of age, they are good enough to play on the best teams in europe: the milans, juve, roma, barca, real and the koloaggloi teams even though theyre not as good as the spanish/ italian teams.

I wouldent call it too little too late re. They won us euro, for me international tournaments (euro and WC) are where the great players have to play great. Doing this for us was enough to make their careers. We cant deny just how incredibly well they played.

If i Look at some of the players on the 'big teams' and, without Greek pride or whatever the opposite of that is, i can say that just about everyone on our ethniki is good enough for those big teams.

here ill give some specific examples of why i think the other 6/10 also are good enough players

if i was coach of madrid id take fyssas over roberto carlos (i know people will probably disagree). By the kind of treatment the madrid fans give him i think they feel the same way. he could also be LB at chelsea, milan ahead of pancaro. what about barca's LB its van bronkhorst i think. Fyssas could play ahead of him. riise etc. etc.

kara is better than plenty of midfielders at the big clubs same with basinas, zagorakis and even stelios. kapsis and dellas are better than silvestre in my opinion also, both of real CBs samuel and helguera, carragher, hyppia, marquez, mihjalovic and materazzi (whoever inter plays in defence).

also id take antonis over lehmann, that new almunia, carrol, duduk, kirkland etc etc. Hes one of the best in europe - i stand by that.

u make good points but remember this

the success of Euro 2004 for most of these players came a lil bit too late for stardom in their careers

i mean maybe at tops 4 players have gained much since Euro 2004

Charisteas, Karagounis, Seitards and Fyssas

(Karagounis is still pretty young and will eventually get his chance hopefully)

most of the other players on that team are heading toward the twilight of their careers

look at Zagorakis he is 33 years old coming off man of the tournament u would think he would be playing on big time club

rather he has to settle for Bologna

(if he was five years younger than he would have been on a big time club)

even though with the success of Euro 2004 it still hasn't giving Greeks the chance to prove themselves abroad

but this Euro 2004 team might not get wut it deserves but the newer generation will be looking up to this team for inspiration and will give Greeks the respect it deserves in soccer

Archived