Phantis Forums

new start?

CH-Thrylos

ok. lets try to bring back some life in our basketball forum and bring back some osfp fans in here.

this is by far the worst season we have played for years and it doesnt look good for our team.

we just bought a hungarian center. robert gulias: 31, 2.14m

he played for dynamo moskow during the start of the season and could become our new starting center. does anybody have any stats about this guy?

there are two players being followed which might take postels place. one is ricky minard (22, 1.93) and the other robert meison jr. (24, 1.96). they should take the place of a guard.

they are also searching for a power forward who should replace jourkovic.

what do you guys think about this?

will osfp be able to recover and stay in the a' ethniki? maybe even manage to make some wins in the euroleague and advance to the next round?!

i know the vazeloi are very happy about what is going on with our team but i would like to get some serious answers.

i think, that kokkalis will try to build a better team so that we will fight our way back to the top. but i am affraid that some of the chosen players will turn out bad and we will continue struggling in greece and europe. :( :angry:

hopefully they will build a good team before the next season so that osfp will be able to fight again for one of the top posistions, although i dont think we will get the title that fast again because paos management is working too good with their team. and they even deserve it to be up there. it is true, even when it hurts to admit it. :(

As things stand at the moment, Olympiakos' priority is to make sure that the team doesn't get relegated. I think Olympiakos forgot about Europe long ago. From the moment you can't compete in Greece, you are gonna get thrashed in Europe (as evidence already shows). If Olympiakos had any decency they would have given their place to another Greek team who is healthy and strong and not this cicus which represents Greece getting flogged week-in , wekk-out.

The new coach didn't like the ex-Jugo's the club had and has already got rid of 3 (Tomic, Vuksevic, Ovcina)

As things stand at the moment, Olympiakos' priority is to make sure that the team doesn't get relegated. I think Olympiakos forgot about Europe long ago. From the moment you can't compete in Greece, you are gonna get thrashed in Europe (as evidence already shows). If Olympiakos had any decency they would have given their place to another Greek team who is healthy and strong and not this cicus which represents Greece getting flogged week-in , wekk-out.

The new coach didn't like the ex-Jugo's the club had and has already got rid of 3 (Tomic, Vuksevic, Ovcina)

unfortunately you are right. but kokkalis would never let a chance out to get some more money for the team. i just dont understand why they didnt plan building a good team much earlier. in some way i am sad about tomic leaving, especially the way they threw him out, because in the past he made great things for our team. but on the other hand it is good to bring in some younger players. tomics time was over about 2 years ago. he was most of the time just a shadow of himself. also vuksevic didnt bring the expected power to the team, as did ovcina.

will say this....its damn hard just to start fresh. I mean I look at our side now, and the side we had 3 years ago and I wonder how did we get like this? I guess we are in a different financial situation to you guys.....but still.

a new start is never easy. but it is better than making the same mistakes all over again. since the great team we had and took the european champioship the officials never tried to bring in good replacements for players leaving.

in my oppinion we had made some very good signings when we had liadelis, diamantopoulos and charisis in the team. we just didnt have the coach to make them play together. it was more a fight about who is the star of the team. these guys are some of the best greek players of this time. and i would have liked it very much to see them all in the starting line up.

right now we have more or less signed boris gorens again which i think isnt a bad move. he played very well for udine so far this season and had much better stats than with us. he had 19.4ppg, 4.4rpg and 3.2apg in 14 matches.

about the american it seems as if we will get roger mayson. he played for the raptors and bulls in the nba. it seems as if he was injured a lot. in the nba he had 4ppg and 1.2rpg in 23 games. he was just released by the raptors.

hopefully these players will do a better work than their ancestors.

Archived