Phantis Forums

Match fixing?

ukchris

Did anyone on the forum go to the game? Did it look like we weren't trying in the first half? Such a shame that a good victory gets this kind of attention. This from today's Times newspaper in the UK.

Uefa alerted by betting on Panionios victory

From John Carr in Athens and Gary Jacob

UEFA has yet to decide whether to open an investigation into the betting patterns involving Panionios

i dont understand.....they are suggesting panionios players threw the game, letting in 2 goals intentionally, and then put in the 5?

thats not realistic. Football is an extremely difficult sport to score in. At this level you can almost never realisticly assume you will score 3-4 goals in a game, even if it was Barcelona playing. Panionios barely made 5 goals the last 2 where in injury time.

So why would Panionios let them take the lead twice? If they were fixing it, wouldnt they just go out, score the five goals, and then allow 2 eventual goals..........

Or are they suggesting Dinamo fixed it, as they were already out?

This is something the game could do without. But these kind of accusations are inevitable when it comes to the knock out stages, with teams already qualified or knocked out before the last couple of rounds of matches.

Porto are the latest club facing accusations today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ope/4065053.stm

I tell you what it is everyone... It's the Damn Britts wanting to be right once again.

They are still pissed that their S**** team that didn't make it to the finals of the EURO and they want to blame it on the Greeks.... We were the ONLY team to beat Portugal .. Not once but twice and they couldn't do it..

AWESOME JOB PANIONIOS and I hope that Olympiacos beat the living S*** out of them in England.. There was NO WAY that game was fixed.

:tup: :gr: :gr: :gr:

ELLAS OLE

** They always trying to bring us down **

I think you're getting a bit paranoid about this one evalagoal. This is not a unique event, and certainly not due to the fact that a Greek team is involved.

This is all about an unusual pattern of betting being noticed PRIOR to the match kicking off. Nothing at all to do with the actual scoreline, except the manner it was achieved (half time 0-1, full time 5-2). Betting on scorelines at half and full time is where serious money is made, so it's not unusual for suspicions to be voiced. 9 times out of 10 it will be unfounded.

Well done to Panionios anyway, lets all hope it was a legitimate result.

Calm down Evalagoal - this has got nothing to with England! As an Englishman I for one was very happy when the Greeks won Euro2004. It's just a shame we didn't get to play you guys in the final.

In terms of why Panionios and Dinamo would - in theory - fix a game so that one team took the lead and another won, apparently many of the bets were placed on Dinamo to be winning at half-time and then Panionios to be winning at full-time. Plus, a lot of bets were placed on Panionios winning 4-2 or 5-2. So that's the theory. Hopefully it's not true at all.

Also, aren't the Greek newspapers full of the story too? And, according to the British papers, even the Panionios fans were unhappy at the game that it seemed a bit dodgy?

Oh well, let's just hope we can beat Xanthi at the weekend fair and square!

A re Beo and Le Pa!!! :P (Panionios Presidents...) You did it again!!!! :tup: LAMOIA!!!

Ok I will tell you why this sounds very dodgy... Both teams were 100% out of the next round.... Bets for Dynamo ahead in Halftime and Panionios winning the match at the end were 33 to 1. that means my friends 100.000 euro = 3.3mn divided by 2 (Dynamo and Panionios because they were both in the scam) 1.65mn!!! Money that these teams cannot even imagine in a whole season!!!

And you want to know the best part? Uefa can't do anything about it!!! There is no way to prove that this happened unless Beo or LePA himself placed the bets (which they didn't!!!)....

So say whatever you want my friends... BEO and LEPA are 800.000 euro EACH wealthier since last night!!!! :P :P :P

FORZA HELLAS AND THE LAMOIOA!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

The problem was that the clubs qualifying for Champions League were making so much money that the remainder were being left so far behind. The new format was an attempt to reduce the gap in finances between the competitions. It certainly wasn't to produce a more exciting competition.

Long live the knock out competitions, where the underdog always has hope.

The CL has definately widened the gulf between rich and poor but It's not only that. The Bosman rule has had a massive impact too.

In the past the big clubs could only poccess 2-3 foreigners and that gave the chance to leagues like the Greek to bring 1st and 2nd rate Jugoslav Internationals. These days we get only talents and some 3rd and 4th rate players.

In the past in Greece 4-5 teams would challenge for the League and now it's become just 2.

I remeber the days where the Champion would finish the league with 8 draws and 4-5 losses and even the big teams would go to Aris, Iraklis, Volos, Larisa, Ethnikos and get humped. Kalamaria, Serres, Aris would go to the big Athenians and steal points mainly because they had a couple class foreigners in their ranks and a few talented Greeks that would then be bought by the big clubs.

I reme the days that Olympiakos would get regular humpings at PAOK by 4 goals and PAO would get the same at Iraklis.

But with the mismanagement of finaces by many previous owners who put the money the clubs made in their pocket, these teams went bunkrupt.

I'll just give you some small examples for many clubs who have been wiped of the map:

Doxa Dramas:

Kirgiakos Touhouroglou ---> Olympiakos

Theodoros Pahatouridis-----> Olympiakos

Sakis Moustakidis--------> Olympiakos

Haralampos Mouratidis---> Olympiakos

Giorgos G. Georgiadis----> Panathinaikos

Giorgos S. Georgiadis-----> Panathinaikos

Christos Hionas--------> PAOK

Panserraikos:

Giorgos Tsifoutis------>Panathinaikos

Vaggelis Kalogeropoulos---->Olympiakos

Elias Savvidis---------> Olympiakos

Giorgos Molakidis-----#>Olympiakos

Larisa:

Giorgos Plitsis----> Olympiakos

Christos Michail----> Aris

Giorgos Mitsibonas--->PAOK

Giannis Alexoulis---> PAOK

Vasilis KMelachrinosalis----> Olympiakos

Mihalis Ziogas----Ionikos

Giorgos Agorogiannis---->AEK

Kostas Kolomitrousis---Aris

These Larisa players won a league and cup final and lost in another one whilst finishing 2nd in another season.

The money made from these players was not invested wisely and the club owners thought that producing class talents is an easy job. That's not the fact though. Clubs will only get a good generation once every 10 or so year, so it was inevitable that they would suffer.

All that + the millions PAO and Oly get from the CL does not give anyone else a chance unless they are Abramovich.

Why shold do always the Bookmakers money...with their unfair quotes ?

Let he others make money too.....

We are Christians, aren't we ? :whistle:

I agree. When they fix ridiculously low rewards, striping people and getting advantage of their footbal passion it is nice isn't it? :whistle:

Now they cry for fixed games......And there are not even giving information about their returns and how much they "steal" from the odds.... Don't tell me that they perform benevolent work like insurance companies that also "steal" from the odds...

Archived