Phantis Forums

Football Manager 2005

adonis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i have the same problem!

u can play for hours without sleeping and eating :blink: :blink:

whenever i say to myself this is the last game then i will eat/take a shiit/take a bath. i always find myself playing atleast a couple of games more .

:LOL: Same exact thing for me. I went to dinner round 9 and all the restaurants were closed on campus so I ate canned tuna and olives :LOL:

here are some of my top players that are good for PAO (cheap and rip the A ethniki)

Freddy Grisales

Arajuo

Gavilan (takes time to adjust but turns out mad)

Guarin (young but also turns into a gun)

And my best player currently is CHARISTEAS!!!!!

Free transfer from Werder scores so easy!!!

just like in real life :gr: :gr: :gr:

Konstantinou is rediculous too. I scored 25 goals with him, Kotsios is very solid, Manoli asked to leave :tdown: and I randomly fined Zutautas for 2 weeks pay just because I could :LOL: Then he'd complain and say that I'm trying to get him to go, then I'd offer him a mutual contract cancellation, he'd accept it then I'd reject it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: This game is too much fun :tup:

Guest youthanasia

i hate the .ltf english file on my folder, its about 300kb... my problem is i cant save the change to the english language

im able to change it, but not save it :(

does anyone have a good advice for how to train the players? mine just dont make the progress i'd like them to make.

do not assign any coaches whose coaching abilities are under 15. if you sign a foreign coach, be sure that his adaptability is more than 14. and do not put many resting for players. players w/o professional attitude always love resting and when other guys physical condition improve whilst resting, theirs go down!!!

another question about the training:

if i want to change it and put the players to prepare for pre season, do i have to take away the coaches from the other training parts so that only pre season work is done?

i dont get it with the training right now. :(

i need some help :rolleyes:

another question about the training:

if i want to change it and put the players to prepare for pre season, do i have to take away the coaches from the other training parts so that only pre season work is done?

i dont get it with the training right now. :(

i need some help :rolleyes:

If you have a somewhat old team, do NOT keep the pre-season training more than 15 days... If you do, you will suffer badly. Let's say you're coaching Thrylos and you've set the pre-season training for 25 days. Don't be surprised if Rivaldo, Schurrer, Peja and Geiorgeiadis suffer major injuries in the season. Also if you're changing training programmes, you should assign the coaches you wish otherwise players will train on their own (which is a damn thing)...

thanx

now i should get it to work better

and yes, i am coaching thrylos. i won the championship, lost to aek in the cup final (with 9 of my starting players missing due to nt!!)

and what else: i fell out of cl after the group stage. so, i am at least as good as bajevic!!!

with taralidis, medrinos, maric and castillo being some of my stars. patsatzoglou is also playing and he is a unreplaceable member of my starting lineup :D

wish it would be like that in real life too....

with taralidis, medrinos, maric and castillo being some of my stars. patsatzoglou is also playing and he is a unreplaceable.

in FM, Taralydis is great... He really kicks ass! I lost to OSFP 3-2 in a CL Quarter Final First Leg with Genclerbirligi and he scored twice!!! In the second game however it was the perfect revenge 3-0 with a Altunhan hat-trick!!! by the way, Patsazoglu gets injured too much. He is seen as an indespinseble player in contractual terms but he only plays 15-20 games p/season! And whenever I play the Greek League, I see AEK 5th, 6th or 7th... This was the standings, if I correctly remember...

OSFP....................15........39

Panathinaikos AO...15........38

Iraklis...................15........31

Panionios...............15........31

Scoda AOX............15........29

AEK.......................15........26

... and come the rest (PAOK really sucks by the way... They are relegation bound at the moment)

Alejandro Carrasco is simply amazing. I don't know if he plays for Xanthi in real life or not but he's on loan in my game to some Colombian team and he was in really good form and Ergo, Kallithea etc were bidding 40k for him and I came in and threw 100k around like it was child's play. The guy scored twice on his debut and has an average ranking of 9.3 over like 7 games :blink: I find that Patszatzoglou is never happy at Karaiskaki. I played a season with Pana and he asked for a transfer and I bought him and he was quite decent. I later started a new season and some of the players did the same thing including Patszatzoglou by being unhappy etc. I've also found that crappy players can be made very good by playing them in the early cup rounds. If you leave them in there and let a guy like Demba get a goal or 2, his confidence improves and you start him after that and if the second game is good he hits tremendous form. I'm half way through my season and Demba's got like 12 goals and Basinas, Mihali, Pap have 5. Same thing with Sanmartean, put these real-life crap players in early and let them get confident and you have a great rotation for Europe. Btw, I crushed Fener 5-2(that's for you Turk :P ) in CL :tup: and on my last matchday bitch-slapped Inter 3-0 to win the group! Take that Skaczny!

good point! but if I were you I would not field Demba or Mitu in those early cup games... When you give chances to younger guys, their morale goes up and they really add to their performance... Kritikos, for example, needs to be given his chance. You have to count a 16-17 year old youngster with pace and acceleration ratings of 18 minimum!!!

I started a season with Galatasaray now and I have problems with my foreigners. I have three DM C's in my squad and all of them are foreigners (Petre, Conceicao, Saidou)... The easiest to get rid of by termination is Petre but he looks promising so I cannot really slap him! Hasan Sas seems to be OK but I have to find a good Turkish partner to Neco unless I can let one of my foreigners go!

Maybe you're right about Kritikos because I just cut him about an hour ago :unsure: . He had 6 goals in 10 games for the U-20 team but his contract was running out and I offered him a damn good one for a Hot Prospect and he turned EVERYTHING I offered down. In the end I promoted him to Key Player and offered him 200k a week just for kicks and he still turned me down. I think he was just trying to piss me off because he wasn't cracking my starting lineup so I just cut him :LOL: And yes, go for Demba, he knocked Juve out of the CL in the quarters today. He's friggin amazing when in form. He did this inside-out move on Cannavarro and ran around Buffon :huh?:

Archived