Ziaka

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, pash said:

Such a stupid request. The club is just this kid's personal playground. Why not have the monkeys dance, I guess.

It is kind of lame but I guess if he ends up being the player we hope (i.e. he maintains his form) then it could become a “thing”.  It’ll be funny to have a packed Toumba chanting “Pontus Pontus”.  My hope is that he becomes a talismanic player in the mold of Garcia.  Our team is very very robust these days and the only thing left to make it click into place has been a midfield general to just god damn f##king impose himself on the game and drive the team.  To be fair, Vieirinha has been good in this role and truly surprised me with his drive and professionalism.

Pontus Pontus Pontus Pontus Pontus ...

Edited by Bananas

5 hours ago, pash said:

Such a stupid request. The club is just this kid's personal playground. Why not have the monkeys dance, I guess.

Come on pash, this is the first time you see a player putting his first name on the shirt? He didn't "change" his name nor even put a shortened version (like Salpi). Pontus is fine with me.

I love our roster and I think those experienced players as Pontus are really crucial for us. But let me chunk them by their age to see what we got this year. It's interesting with have no players at the age of 25-26. I also really like we don't have anyone above 32 besides Malezas. And those who are 32 are quite physical and I am sure for a couple years they can remain the same (Matos and Pontus). Maybe we have to slightly turn to younger players for our next transfers, but I really love the squad the way it is today!

30+ Ten players: Varela 30, Biseswar 30, Glykos 31, Canas 31, Crespo 31, Khacheridi 31, Matos 32, Pontus 32, Vieirinha 32, Malezas 33

27-29 Six players: Shakhov 27, El Kaddouri 27, Rey 27, Prijovic 28, Pashalakis 29, Mauricio 29

20-24 Nine players: Jaba 20, Limnios 20, Lamprou 20, Akpom 22, Mystakidis 23, Charisis 23, Warda 24, Pelkas 24, Kitsiou 24

And as for the ages - the gap doesn't matter if that group of nine players does the job. Don't forget Siampanis in that list as well.

If the 30 year olds last another season or two (which they should), then the younger ones will be entering their prime.

11 hours ago, Yiankos said:

I love our roster and I think those experienced players as Pontus are really crucial for us. But let me chunk them by their age to see what we got this year. It's interesting with have no players at the age of 25-26. I also really like we don't have anyone above 32 besides Malezas. And those who are 32 are quite physical and I am sure for a couple years they can remain the same (Matos and Pontus). Maybe we have to slightly turn to younger players for our next transfers, but I really love the squad the way it is today!

30+ Ten players: Varela 30, Biseswar 30, Glykos 31, Canas 31, Crespo 31, Khacheridi 31, Matos 32, Pontus 32, Vieirinha 32, Malezas 33

27-29 Six players: Shakhov 27, El Kaddouri 27, Rey 27, Prijovic 28, Pashalakis 29, Mauricio 29

20-24 Nine players: Jaba 20, Limnios 20, Lamprou 20, Akpom 22, Mystakidis 23, Charisis 23, Warda 24, Pelkas 24, Kitsiou 24

According to the Bananas school of though, if you’re going to have older players, you want them in the back, where you don’t want mistakes, you want players that can read the game and close down gaps and generally have to do less running.

Goalkeepers it doesn’t matter what age they are.  Just look at Buffon the manga.

Our defence is all oldies.  But I’m ok wit him that.  They are at “peak” age for those positions.  The only issue will be that they have at most a couple of years before we’ll need to look at replacing them.

In the middle we have Mauricio who again is at peak age.  Pontus is old but he’s not normal.

Up front is where Lucescu seems to be going for younger players.  Pelkas, Warda, Limnios, Jaba.  It’s going to bed really interesting to see what Akpom is like as a player.  This signing feels a bit off to me but we’ll see.  Too early to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Tosca_intro.jpg.2f63ea1ea8958ead11216467782fd5a0.jpg

NAME:                         Alin Dorinel TOSCA
POSITION:                  Left Back
JERSEY NUMBER:    6
BIRTHDAY:                 14-Mar-1992
BIRTH PLACE:           Alexandria, Romania
HEIGHT:                      1.81 m
PAOK DEBUT:  
NT DEBUT:                  Romania – Lithuania 1:0  (23-Mar-2016)
PREVIOUS TEAMS:   Benevento, Real Betis, Steaua Bukurest, Vitorul Constanta, Sageata Navodari, Unirea Urziceni, Steaua Bukurest, Florea Voicila Alexandria
CONTRACT ENDS:     30-Jun-2019 (loan)
SALARY:                       ?  per season  (buyout option € 1,300,000)

First time in forever that we have the same core players and manager for more than a season.  The last thing I want is for a rimali to come in and mess with the good spirit in the club room.  Hence why this Markovic move seems odd.  Having said that I don’t think Lucescu would take his crap.

Started off at Partizan so a good chance he supports them. Also must have played and trained with Prijovic in the serbia squads so hopefully that's a  good sign.

Sounds like he had loads of potential but injuries plus inconsistency has set him back. he's been out of favour at Liverpool after them having high hopes regarding him.

Hopefully hes had a boot up the arse and sees us as his chance to reignite his career.

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK

I'd rather Karelis than him just because I'd rather more Greeks on the squad. Akpom might take some time to settle in as well (he hasn't looked amazing in the few minutes he's gotten so far).

He's also not much of a winger, which means Warda/Limnios/Jaba shouldn't be that worried.