Current PAOK Roster - Latest Signings

Ziaka

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree pash, after all guy is ripping it.up in super league, playing well for the ethniki. 

Greece has a great name in world football for defenders i dont see why i top season will not bring offers for ok money from some leagues across europe 

Well allegedly he was close to moving to Germany this past transfer season. Either that, or those were just rumors spread by Paul Koutsioliakos in order to secure a better contract and sent Chatziisaia packing.

He's been good lately, but I still consider him a liability with his behavior on the pitch. 

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

PAE PAOK and Tzavellas renewed their contract until 2020. He will be paid € 2,000,000.

Being a buddy with owner's son sure has its privileges.

I think he's probably worth about 500K per season if you compare his wage to the other player wages.  He was our best defender last season, which says a lot about how shaky the defence was.  Yes, he was a lttle s%$#! when it came to his season with Anastasiadis but he is who he is, I don't think that will ever change.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Glykos is close to renew his contract at PAOK. It will be a matter of time for him and PAOK to renew the current contract that last till the summer of 2017.

Based on how he's played this season, I think it's a good move.  If I imagined 2 years ago I'd be saying this, I would have slapped myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Glykos and Cimirot extended their contracts until June 2019.

According to reports the financial details are as follows:

Glykos - 500K per season with 4.5 mil Euro buyout option
Cimirot - 500K per season with 6 mil Euro buyout option

Glykos and Cimirot extended their contracts until June 2019.

According to reports the financial details are as follows:

Glykos - 500K per season with 4.5 mil Euro buyout option
Cimirot - 500K per season with 6 mil Euro buyout option

I thought Cimirot's contract was already until 2019.  Must have been 2018.  Anyway, good move all round.  Now they can both do a Klaus and slack off now that their immediate financial situation is secured!

On 11/26/2016 at 4:43 PM, PAOKSYD said:

Its the winter signings that are key my wish list is 3: 

1) champions league material winger 

2) uefa league top 16 quality number 8 

3) south american upcoming striker 

1) Not going to happen.  Such a player is already playing in the CL.  We have to try and do what we did with Lucas, Mak, Rodrigues and "discover" them.  I wish it wasn't so, but that's how it is.

2) Europa League top 32, let alone top 16 is very underrated.  There's a reason why no Greek team can get past the round of 32.

3) Would be excellent, but again not so simple.  Other teams have more extensive scouting networks than us.

57 minutes ago, PAOKSYD said:

It should happen. wtf half these guys in back office getting paid for ? 

These guys get paid by Saviddi. . . They merely carry out his wishes . . . He only wants to spend the minimum to maintain the status quo...  keep us close to the top and in Europe. . . with no realistic prospect of winning a title or qualifying for the champions league . 

• 2 months later...

Απαράδεκτο το οτι ο Γλύκος ανανέωσε το συμβόλαιό του. Θα τον τρώμε στη μάπα για αλλα 2,5 χρόνια. Ο άνθρωπος είναι πιο επικίνδυνος και απο εναν τυφλό ταξιτζή!

Υπήρχε ενα γκρούπ παιχτών με 'δημόσιους υπάλληλους'. Τους έλεγα ετσι γιατι κακά τα ψέμματα εδω και καιρό δεν προσφέρουν τίποτα στον ΠΑΟΚ. Ευτυχώς που οι μισοί φύγανε (Τζιόλης, Σκόνδρας, Τζαβέλλας). Έχουνε μείνει τρείς ακόμη. Ο 33, ο Γλύκος και ο Κίτσιου. Μη πω πως και ο Πέλκας ανήκει στο γκρούπ. Δυστυχώς έχουνε συμβόλαιο μεχρι το 2018 (ο Γλύκος μέχρι το 2019) και θα τους τρώμε στη μάπα φια αλλη μια χρονιά αν δεν πουληθούν το καλοκαίρι.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Following our summer signings here is how our roster is shaping up:

--------------------------------------------------   Rey -------------------------------------------------------
                                                 (Paschalakis)
                                                      (Glykos)

Matos -------------------- Zambrano  ------------ Crespo ------------- Leveque
(Konstantinidis)       (Varela)                    (Malezas)           (Leovac)
(Vierinha)                  (Pouggouras)                                       (Deligiannidis)

--------------------- Canas ----------------------------------------- Mauricio --------------------
                        (Cimirot)                                           (Shakhov)
                        (Kace)

Vierinha ---------------------------- El Kaddouri --------------------------- Mak
(Campos)                              (Biseswar)                                (Mystakidis)
(Limios)                                 (Pelkas)                                     (Pelkas)

------------------------------------------ Prijovic -------------------------------------------
                                             (Koulouris)
                                              (transfer)

Wonder if Lucescu will entertain a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formations.

That's a very well-organized list. I thought last year we had some good depth, but this team could put that one to shame.

Lots of options for different formations there too.

For fun, here's what I think is our worst lineup from that list:

-------------------------------------------------- Paschalakis-------------------------------------------------------

Konstantinidis -------------------- Malezas------------ Pouggouras------------- Deligiannidis

--------------------- Kace----------------------------------------- Shakhov--------------------

Mystakidis ----------------------------Pelkas--------------------------- Limios

------------------------------------------ Koulouris-------------------------------------------

Still not bad.

Following our summer signings here is how our roster is shaping up:

--------------------------------------------------   Rey -------------------------------------------------------
                                                 (Paschalakis)
                                                      (Glykos)

Matos -------------------- Zambrano  ------------ Crespo ------------- Leveque
(Konstantinidis)       (Varela)                    (Malezas)           (Leovac)
(Vierinha)                  (Pouggouras)                                       (Deligiannidis)

--------------------- Canas ----------------------------------------- Mauricio --------------------
                        (Cimirot)                                           (Shakhov)
                        (Kace)

Vierinha ---------------------------- El Kaddouri --------------------------- Mak
(Campos)                              (Biseswar)                                (Mystakidis)
(Limios)                                 (Pelkas)                                     (Pelkas)

------------------------------------------ Prijovic -------------------------------------------
                                             (Koulouris)
                                              (transfer)

Wonder if Lucescu will entertain a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formations.

3-5-2 makes no sense to me in the GSL.  You're playing without wingers and flooding the spine of the pitch.  To break down the parked bus of most GSL teams you need to stretch defences and get in behind them.  In Europe against stronger opposition, it's a different story.  It's played a lot in Italy but those midfielders RUN and get forward to help the attackers.

4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 make more sense.  4-3-3 for those games where the opposition midfield can overrun us.  That's why Ivic played 4-3-3 in the Cup Final.  Because in the previous league game in Athens their midfield completely dominated.

I am interested to see how good (or bad) Mauricio is.  We know that with Canas or Cimirot they need help sometimes to contain the opposition.  If Mauricio can dominate in the middle, we could even see a lineup (against weaker teams) of Mauricio as the 6, El Khaddouri as the 8 and Biseswar as the 10.  If Zambrano and Mauricio can lock down the opposition from getting into the box, it'll give the team a whole lot more freedom in attack.

As a side note, Koulouris is 5 classes below Prijovic.  We need to sign a better striker.  I'm sure Michel knows this.