Phantis Forums

When do you think Otto will play new strikers?

Otto_Rehagalinis

When do you think Otto (or the National Team)will play new strikers??  

12 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Otto (or the National Team)will play new strikers??

• Next Game (Kazakhstan)
    • In the Next Few Games
    • When he retires from the Team
    • Never

OK everyone here's what I think.

The reason why Otto relies on Vryzas and Charisteas is because they are the only 2 TRUE Greek strickers that play internationaly. Now don't get me wrong we do have some great players that play domestically, but what I'm thinking is that he's choosing those 2 because of "experience in Europe" (Can't blame the man)

I really hope that he gives some other guys a try but it's going to be difficult to change his way of thinking unless he (the young player) can wow our King Otto.

What do you all think?

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

zikos is lousy ( i dont care about he plays for monaco) and doesnt fit in with our squad.

Vryzas is a great striker who was in good form in spain...ok he had a bad game saturday- he is definitly qualified to play for us

Salpiggidis has his interest....Anastasiou is really nothing special......a couple goals in the dutch league doesnt make him a phenomenon. Hes nowhere near Vryzas capability or Charisteas, Papa, Salpi....even Agritis would be a much smarter pick.

zikos is lousy ( i dont care about he plays for monaco) and doesnt fit in with our squad.

Vryzas is a great striker who was in good form in spain...ok he had a bad game saturday- he is definitly qualified to play for us

Salpiggidis has his interest....Anastasiou is really nothing special......a couple goals in the dutch league doesnt make him a phenomenon. Hes nowhere near Vryzas capability or Charisteas, Papa, Salpi....even Agritis would be a much smarter pick.

HAHAHAAH Talk about a pick me up in the morning....Zikos is lousy yet Vryzas does the job? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Most NT teams are picked on form........most except ours. If you go on form, Anastasiou should be in the squad and Lybe would have been in the squad from a LONG LONG time ago.

Before Vryzas started getting game time in second division Spain, he was picking his ass on the bench at Perugia who have struggled for the past couple of years....

anastasiou hasnt the quality to play...

Zikos is not that great- he will be gone next season.

and Vryzas DOES get the job done and is in good form. He is a lot better as a lone striker than Anastasiou or Lybe..... Anastasiou comes on occasionally and occasionally gets a trash goal.....dont be fooled by this doesnt make him better than Vryza at all.

I think Amanatidis from Kaiserslautern would be a good choice up front, but hes injured. I dont think you can say "tearing up the belgium league", i mean it is belgium. Greece doesnt really have any powerful strikes. Lymbe isnt that great, id prefe charisteas and vryzas. Papadopoulos doesnt do much for the Greeks up top. I like Salppygidis. But i do think he should try a new combo against like Kazakaztan anf Georgia if Greece goes like 2 or 3 ahead.

He will probably try out salpigidis when the next round of friendlies comes. anastasiou may get a look but probably not. The german amanatides will get a shot. And of course papadopoulos, who in my opinion has ripped the greek league but has shown not ot be able in the international games.

Lets get real the closest to a real striker we have is charisteas. Vryzas gets a nod because he is strong and can handle two or three defenders at a time. Types like pap or salpigidis are like little lightweights and get pushed around and are always off balance something that even demis had a problem with.

In the midfield we have more choices zikos , liberopoulos, stoldidis and others deserve a look but really none except zikos that really should force a coach to choose them.

the players playing europe are more mature both skill and psychologically wise and do exhibit a calm confidence to their game. It does greek players good to get away from the craziness of the greek game both on the field, the newspapers and the teams egotistical owners. These players although not always the bets players were the smartest and the persoanally stosgest to venture into europe and establish themselves there and it shows in their play.

The Kazakhstan game could be a good one to bring in a new offensive player.

We play at home vs a team we should, and WILL, WIN.

I do not agree with making too many drastic changes, since it is the team concept, that works for us.

The Euro was such a success, because of that team concept. :gr:

The same players have been together, and lived for three weeks like brothers.

Too many changes WILL negatively affect the "chemistry" of the team

Anyways, we are OK on def and mid, it is more goals we need, and someone who can do it alone up front

Bringing in subs like Georgiadis and Tsiartas has worked VERY well

Maybe Georgiadis could get to start, if his form continues

The recent games were waisted more due to mistakes, rather than the opponents abilities, that is depressing, but also hopeful, as long as we do not give games away in the future

That was something we only did vs Russia in the Euro.

That's why Greece won it ALL, NO mistakes :tup:

We focus on those that cost us goals, but there were HUGE chances that were missed up front as well... :(

PEACE

I see many of you still talk about Zikos. Ok he is a good player no doubt about that but who is going to be left out in order for Zikos to play? Basinas, Zagorakis or Katsouranis? So the only way Zikos is going to be in the team is only if he comes in as a substitute to the three players above. Because lets face it he is not better than any of the three...

As far as strikers. I think Otto has a point in all of this. He has been fed up with all those Journalists and Paragodes over the years and he likes not to do what they say.... And according to his results who can blame him?

And about the age that you speak. I don't think that we have a major problem. I mean what do teams such as France or Germany have to do when we talk about aged team. I mean apart from Zagorakis, Fyssas, Kapsis, Nikopolidis-useless-melos, Vryzas we don't have any serious problems...

I see many of you still talk about Zikos. Ok he is a good player no doubt about that but who is going to be left out in order for Zikos to play? Basinas, Zagorakis or Katsouranis? So the only way Zikos is going to be in the team is only if he comes in as a substitute to the three players above. Because lets face it he is not better than any of the three...

Not better than Katsouranis? I don't know about that...that's who I'm thinking should be replaced in the starting 11 in favour of Zikos.

Archived