Phantis Forums

What do u guys think about Otto?

Otto_Rehagalinis

I think Otto is a very smart dude but sometimes i just think he is too stubborn to try something new. usually when he does (like put in Tsartas) things get better like goals happen. however with the lack of him calling up any new strikers i see that he respects the ones that won for us however i think he should have put in some at least to try em out. why keep them on the bench?? or not even call up any1?

:unsure:

Hi Guys I think king Otto is a little hesitant to make some changes or try some new players. But he did lead us to the 2004 Euro championship and that is a lot more that any of us could have dreamed of so I will stay with him and hope for the best.

His done Great for us and will never forget it However 2006 world cup is only 2 years away and i belive after that 65% of the team that won Euro 2004 will be either retired or to old (lost form) which will bring me to the conclusion and that is Otto will finish out his contract with us and sign with someone else (country or Team) due to the fact that he doesnt put in new young players coz of his stubborn ways (maybe he belives that we have no future and he is riding on the current succes??) which will leave us screwed for atleast the next 5-10 years because non of the new blood will have played enough games for the NT... This is why it is important to try and promote young Greek players (Agritis, salpaghetis, Fakis, ect) into the NT NOW so they can get experience from our Euro 2004 players while there in their prime and learn a thing or two so when it is time to take over full time they wont be so bad and maybe even better??

If we dont do this then the whole world would look at us as the biggest flukes ever and will lose our rankings jst like Hungry has!!! Then will be moving backwards and not forward!!!

P.S does anyone share the same view or is it jst me??

im not debating on weather his a good coach or not (euro 2004 speaks for its self) im jst stating that im worried at the fact that our NT's average age is 29 years old.. Imagine what it will be in 2006??? 30?? maybe 31-32 years?? What the hell r we gonna do when all these players retire?? we need to start breading youth and promoting players like Agritis and salpahetis to take over Vryzaz when he goes... look at this example:

..................................nikopolidis (31)

seitaridis (23).............kapsis(32)............dellas(28)......fyssas(31)

................katsouranis(24).....zagorakis(33)......basinas(28

stelios(30).....................................................karagounis(27)

....................................vryzas(31)

6/11 players are over 30 years old

2/11 players are young and have plently of years ahead of them

3/11 players are middle age However come 2006 will go into 30+ category...

DOOSNT THIS ALARM YOU?? ANY OF YOU!!!

And If u look on the bench geogatos,dabizaz,tsartes ect are all over 30...

This is why if we play friendlys and against weak oppositions e.g armenia we should give young players a chance to develop and get experience in the NT and should be on the bench, used here and there...

chill out man....you forget that the starting lineup changes almost every game... there are more than 11 players. and for youthwe have gioruka who is young - also lets not forget you didnt put up Xaristeas, or Papadopoulos, Salpi was brought into the squad too. Otto :king: will bring them up as he feels they are ready. Really id rather win than bitch about experience for the future...there will always be a future. Its not like being thrown in as a sub everynow and then or a couple games will give "precious experience" anyways. Thats a load of bullshit. its the same sport, and as long as they excel with their clubs and train a lot with the ethniki in the future they can adjust to the team. I mean come on what great "international" experience did Katsouranis have? Dellas? Vryzas? Giannakopoulos? these guys didnt get that many games (i dont remember Dellas ever being a regular) before Rehagel :king: ...

also

im kind of offended you said that georgatos was on our bench. where did you get this horrible idea?

wasnt he during the euros??

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what were you watching...or should i say where have you been HOLLYWOOD??

Georgatos was rejected and kicked out of the NT years ago by otto, for not showin interest or pride in the team!!

I hope you ment 2 say georgiadis, rather than that pig georgatos, who even threatens to murder refs!!

but i have to say you shocked me with that statement!!

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what were you watching...or should i say where have you been HOLLYWOOD??

Georgatos was rejected and kicked out of the NT years ago by otto, for not showin interest or pride in the team!!

I hope you ment 2 say georgiadis, rather than that pig georgatos, who even threatens to murder refs!!

but i have to say you shocked me with that statement!!

my bad i jst realised my spelling mistake....... :huh:

I think Otto is great for defensive tactics. However i think offensively he needs to really smarten up and PLAY yes not just leave people on the bench Play our younger strikers to let em have a chance. especially when we are winning but also when we are loosing since we really need development on the national level of a few guys that can score

Otto isnt doing that and is really stubborn, playing only older players.

I agree with what most of you guys say about bringing in 'new blood' and on the other hand dont fix anything that's not broken. He did say he's staying the course with the same players. Since we're solid on D, I think he should add a few more talented young forwards to the roster in case the regulars get injured or are not performing well.

One thing we all have to realise is that our NT has very little depth.

We played - along with Portugal - the most games in Euro 2004 of any team but used the fewest players.

We played our first team in the first half of a friendly in Holland and the result was 0-0. When we brought in our substitutes in the second half, we were blown away 0-4.

It is easy to say "bring in new blood" but the talent doesn't exist yet. :(

can't believe i am going to agree with drakos13 but he is right

we need to trust in Otto

i mean nobody more then him in Greece wants to go to Germany

he turned them down and he knows that this team as more special things to come

we may be down but were not out

were 3 points behind and 9 games to play

we control our own destiny still and with our experience this will be the combination that qualifies us to the WC

we will us remember this in about 10 months from now and laugh at this moment

Go Greece

Ellas!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ofcoarse we need to trust otto.... If it were up to me, I'd have Otto as coach for as long as he wanted to be coach, after what hes done for us, I woudnt think twice.

Lets face it, no other coach Greece has done what hes done, scored our 1st goal in a major tournament with otto. The guy has made history for Greece!

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

We will qualify watch and see. They boys will wake up from the daze and not playing much. And as for Otto I hope he stays as long as possible he loves the Greeks and Greece and will try his best to make it to his home country. and if we make it there, we will be a force to be reckoned with with German people cheering for Otto and us and Greeks in Germany cheering for us too! :gr: Elladara mou!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand why Rehaggel has not called up many of our young players. I feel these are the main reasons why

1)Right now Greece is in a tough position in qualifying and does not have time to include inexperienced players, therefore it is not worth the risk.

2)The majority of our good young players other than Tavlaridis and Amanatidis are playing on shitty teams in Greece(Egaleo, Chalkydonia, etc)

3)These palyers do not have enough quality experience other than s%$#! performances in the uefa cup.

4)THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT PAO, AEK, OLY, PAOK ARE NOT BUYING OUR YOUNG PROSPECTS AND MAKING THEM INTO STARS

5) Becuase these are the only competieve teams in both Uefa and Champions league the players must go here if they are to grow in to solid players and make an impact on the international club level first.

6)ONCE THIS IS DONE THEN THEY CAN COME ON THE ETHINKI, scince they are stuck on lowly teams, jsut bring them on the National team for a couple games especially is not goign to help the ethinki hole lot

7) OUR BIG TEAMS NEED TO PICK UP THESE GUYS AND STOP BY BIRDS

THIS IS WHY THEY ARE NOT ON THE TEAM!!! its that simple

do you agree or disagree

Otto will always have the respect of the Greek people because he lead our national team to the European cup, gave us same amazing, unforgettable moments and that will stay for ever in our hearts no matter what happens in the future!

Otto will always have the respect of the Greek people because he lead our national team to the European cup, gave us same amazing, unforgettable moments and that will stay for ever in our hearts no matter what happens in the future!

True,

But a healthy level of discussion that may benefit even the man himself is never more proplem than help.

I was one of the people Otto literally gave a lesson to!

I thought he was going 100% the wrong way about it. He proved me 100% wrong. I am not ashamed to say it.

However, we all need to strive for the best.

Otto secured his place to the end of his contract to see how he can fight the new conditions under which our NT plays after the great success of thispast summer. I feel that after some point the team will need some new blood.

Whatever he does and whatever the result, as Iliana said, his achievement will never and should never be forgotten. Neither does anyone believes that the World Cup qualification would be an easy target.

Good luck to Otto.

Archived