Phantis Forums

FIFA 2005

drakos13

i played the demo the game is far improved from last years s****.......

i also saw the official list of teams

again, no greek league.

here:

Panathinaikos :nw:

PAOK

Olympiakos

Paniliakos :blink:

no AEK again. :(

also the ethniki has the same rating as Switzerland. :tdown:

F@#% EA Sports. I hope AEK wins the UEFA just to make them feel retarted for not having them in the game. :gr: :angry:

but then they probably wouldnt even know because theyre so ignorant about anything but the pointless english league (it has 4 english leagues.)

I am with you all the way drakos13. Where were EA sports when AEK drew 6 matches in a row and almost qualified for the 2nd group stage.

I bet if you wrote in they wouldnt know what Greece did in EURO 2004 :angry:

Same rating a Switzerland, what a load of s%$#!, we are now 22 in the world i think, so how does that work??????????????

There is no Greek league, but there is the K-League, Norweigan League,etc....

which league carries more weight, gets more teams into europe( obviously K league cant),and which league in general is better??? These are all retorical questions, its bloody obvious!!!!!!!!!!

F@#K EA Sports. I am an avid AEK fan, and i cant play as them.

I am going to write to them, there needs to be a greek league and our National Side needs to be better in the game, arrogant F@#Ks :angry:

Dont worry, AEK will progress, and hopefully there name, as well as Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, Panionios and Eagleo, will be pushed into the face of EA Sports, and they will have to act with an improved 2006 version.

I am not going to buy 2005, they can shove that S%*T up there arses!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

not to mention ENGLAND is 1.5 (out of 5) stars better than the ethniki! :LOL:

and as far as leagues- i am curios why the stupid norwegian, danish leagues are in and israili (but im sure they buy a lot of copies- but greeks are everywhere wanting to play and i heavily doubt it would take more than several days to put them in....also there is not turkish league which really confuses me because there are so many millions of them....... now you have to wait 8 months for the patch to come out on the internet for the greek league...)

waht is the obsesion with Paniliakos????? i dont understand.

So what guys, we reached the quarterfinals of the champions league and they didn't have us in the game the next year. We were one of the top 8 clubs in europe and they had the Stwizerland league instead. Oh well, at least they have PAO in this one. It should be worth buying if the controls are similar to Euro 2004.

I am with you all the way drakos13. Where were EA sports when AEK drew 6 matches in a row and almost qualified for the 2nd group stage.

I bet if you wrote in they wouldnt know what Greece did in EURO 2004 :angry:

Same rating a Switzerland, what a load of s%$#!, we are now 22 in the world i think, so how does that work??????????????

There is no Greek league, but there is the K-League, Norweigan League,etc....

which league carries more weight, gets more teams into europe( obviously K league cant),and which league in general is better??? These are all retorical questions, its bloody obvious!!!!!!!!!!

F@#K EA Sports. I am an avid AEK fan, and i cant play as them.

I am going to write to them, there needs to be a greek league and our National Side needs to be better in the game, arrogant F@#Ks :angry:

Dont worry, AEK will progress, and hopefully there name, as well as Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, Panionios and Eagleo, will be pushed into the face of EA Sports, and they will have to act with an improved 2006 version.

I am not going to buy 2005, they can shove that S%*T up there arses!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i konw thats bullshit

they should have a greek league. not just put us in the F***in rest of world category

not to mention ENGLAND is 1.5 (out of 5) stars better than the ethniki! :LOL:

and as far as leagues- i am curios why the stupid norwegian, danish leagues are in and israili (but im sure they buy a lot of copies- but greeks are everywhere wanting to play and i heavily doubt it would take more than several days to put them in....also there is not turkish league which really confuses me because there are so many millions of them....... now you have to wait 8 months for the patch to come out on the internet for the greek league...)

waht is the obsesion with Paniliakos????? i dont understand.

seriously

i have fifa 2004 and they have paniliniakos!

wtf is wrong with them!

I've always heard that the choices for leagues have something to do with sales of the game. i.e. They sell a million copies of the game in Norway, so they want to appeal to the market there by providing them with their league. Obviously the Asian and British market are huge so of course they'll put them in it.

As far as the rest of it goes, I would think that it's just pure ignorance.

I've always heard that the choices for leagues have something to do with sales of the game. i.e. They sell a million copies of the game in Norway, so they want to appeal to the market there by providing them with their league. Obviously the Asian and British market are huge so of course they'll put them in it.

As far as the rest of it goes, I would think that it's just pure ignorance.

if it is its some really bad demographic research........

1. Greeks dont only live in Greece, and even in greece it is popular game.

2. Same with Turks - i think the turks that would buy this game (if it had turkish league) would completley outnumber any danish, norwegian, israeli sales combined....

well, after FIFA 99 they simply made s%$#! all around... that was the last time i played a EA Football game... WE or PES is not only better but also much more realistic compared to FIFA... :angry:

sales? :angry: well, a somewhat sensible Turkish League and the sales will boom in here... and hey, our population is plus three times of the entire pops of norway, denmark and israel... :angry:

s%$#! EA SPORTS :angry: :angry: ...

In all fairness to EA, these guys really have to hear it from EVERYONE around the world. Now I'm a die hard Greek and I definitely want them to have the Greek League in there and all but what it comes down to is licensing and $$$$. Which if I'm not mistaking Greece is not famous for. So! as far as that..... there's the problem.

What EA needs to do is just make a simple game kinda like WE7 and have generic names of teams so they can have ALL the Major Leagues including the Greek, Turkish and any other that they might've missed. But to be honest with you all, I'm not really worried if they have the Greek League it's more of the gameplay on how real it is and sounds and reacts on whne you play it. Plus ONLINE. That's the future.

So! Will EA ever get it right guys..... NOPE! We just have to deal with it untill the gaming industry just booms even more that it's doing right now and hopefully some Greek will get their hands on it and makes us happy. In the meantime be patient...

:gr:

• 3 weeks later...

what it comes down to is licensing and $$$$

don't forget that in Greece piracy is huge as well. Most people have their PS2 and Xbox's w/ the chip and they buy copied games for 5-10 Euros instead of the 60 they actually sell for..so EA makes little to no money off these titles in Greece. I am guessing that is the case for Turkey as well ?

I am curious to see if anyone else has heard this rumor : When I was in Greece this summer I heard there is one guy who does all the ranking for the soccer teams coming out of greece and this guy is an oly fan. That was the explanation for why there are always tons of oly players on ethniki and why they are always so good. Could just be bs but i heard it from more than one person.

• 1 month later...

FIFA usually puts together a pretty good game every year but always forgets something that never makes the game a must own. In terms of greek soccer/football, why they haven't gotten AEK Athens :angry: ...yet manage to put in B Ethiniki Paniliakos :unsure: is beyond me. I figure with some teams and leagues (greek and otherwise) EA Sports can't obtian licences for some reason. Though it puzzles me why teams wouldn't want to be featured specifically for financial and exposure reasons. If it is igorance on EA Sport's part; by all means boycott the game :box:. Omitting teams ultimately hurts the game as some big-name teams (Holland, Japan, and this year S. Korea) cost EA Sports $$ due to their fans not having intrest towards a team not included.

In a Greek sense :gr: , the Ethiniki A should be included and some of the other weaker leagues (bottom 2 English divisions, Swedish, Austrian, Swiss, and Norwegian leagues) should be scrapped and do what they do with us. Take the 2 or 3 best teams of that league and put them in a "rest of Europe/World" catergory. This wouldn't happen for reasons only financial :tdown:, but I think it's a feasible solution. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Turkish league as that is also competitive, and most FIFA fans worldwide have constantly complained about the lack of the Argentinian league; which is a very good international league!

Regarding trifilli's post...FIFA 05''s gameplay is much better than FIFA 03'. Plaus w/ improved carreer mode, create-a-player, and a better and more up-to date Greek national team :gr: (A Ethiniki has the same teams in 04' and 05' :tdown: )...I'd go for 05' hands down.

I dont know how it is by you but here in Turkey nobody dares to buy original game because its too much expensive besides Turkish people arent that rich...So the people buy the copies which are 2-3 Euro and because of that reason Ea sports would never sold more than 1 thousand original game in a country with 70 Million population.....They know it as well thats why they dont add Turkish Super Leauge,otherwise our leauge deserve to be in this game....

I dont believe that in Norway or in Sweden they are selling such a copy cd's on the street like in Turkey..

yes, that may be true in Turkey , but there is still a lot of Turkey OUTSIDE of Turkey...sweden, switzerland, austria germany etc etc have big turkish populations, I seriously doubt the situation is that severe.

If you are wealthy enough to own a PC to run such a game, i dont doubt you can afford the game itself, especially in Turkey where there is a big gap between lower and higher class....

yes, that may be true in Turkey , but there is still a lot of Turkey OUTSIDE of Turkey...sweden, switzerland, austria germany etc etc have big turkish populations, I seriously doubt the situation is that severe.

And i also heard something else like Turkish football federation wanted more money than Ea Sports gave....So they could not make any agreement....But next year there will be Turkish Super Leauge...

Thats what i read on net...

I also cant understand what the hell they always add Gaysaray :angry:

Besiktas and Fenerbahce used to play many times in CL but they dont have place in this game....

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Archived