Phantis Forums

UKRAINE - GREECE

Elastonpappou 13

Ok gents a very important match is on Saturday against Ukraine... It is going to be the game which will show if Greece will actually qualify for the WC. Personally I think a loss will mean we are out!!!

Also Charisteas Lakis and Papadopoulos are all injured and will not play at the match.

Shevchenko is in a very good form after scoring in Serie A and the CL.

I guess we should play our typical tsoukou-tsoukou ball and count on counter-attacks!!!

Latest news...

http://www.in.gr/news/article.asp?lngEntit...53&lngDtrID=246

Any thoughts?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think that we should play attacking soccer.

I realize that at the moment we don't really have any attacking players but we ned to push and not play the soccer the soccer that we played in Portugal.

Karagounis needs to push up so will Basinas. Vryzas really has to step up as Otto will look at him to get some results.

It's going to be a VERY difficult game due to the players from the Ukraine taking part and also because of the atmosphere that were going to be playing in.

I would love to see this outcome be a win for Greece but I really think that we're going to be lucky with a draw

HELLAS - UKRAINE 0-0

It is going to be the game which will show if Greece will actually qualify for the WC. Personally I think a loss will mean we are out!!!

I have to agree with you. This will make it or break it for Greece.

I think Greece will have to go for the win at all costs and with Charisteas and Papadopoulos out, it's going to make the goal scoring even harder.

Hoping for a 2-1 scoreline for Greece but expecting a loss. :(

I agree that this match will dictate where the NT will be heading. I'm praying they won't lose this one and at least draw against the oukranezoi. Obviously am hoping for a win which will remove lots of pressure on the team.

Kinda pissed though I might miss watching the game since I have a wedding to go unless I convince my wife she go to church alone :rolleyes:

My prediction: UKR 1 ELLAS 1

The boys should really put all their strength for this one :box:

We must not lose. It's imperrative we don't lose this game otherwise it's curtains.

If anything, we should try to play something we can't in a difficult away fixture. The Ukraine have their tails up at the moment and will try to kill us off. We must not fall into the trap of desparation to win and push too forward. If anything the Ukrainians are master of the counter attack with very pacey players through Sevchenko and Voronin. Hopefully Kaha Kalatze won't be playing on that left wing cos he is very dangerous.

A draw is not a bad result, a loss is a catastrophe.

I don't want to make any predictions but I am quite worried about this one and especially with the fitness of Charisteas, Lakis and Tsiartas who still doesn't have a team.

a draw is only good becaues it keeps ukraine point lead and holds them at bay, but will hurt us if denmark and turkey gain edafos. and then we are in the position to play the rest of the games as our NT has done normally in the past, you know......IF this team looses and this team draws and we win the rest of our games.............WE QUALIFY, hehe.

honestly, a win is the ONLY possible good result for us. a draw just barely keeps us alive and a loss KILLS us, unless we pull off the same stunt before qualifying for the Euro, dont count on it.

PAME RE ELLADARA.

This game is huge we all agree on that but we can't look past this game

i mean its too early to worry about if we win or lose or draw will be here or there

i mean there will be 9 games left after the game on saturday

Charisteas will play and Spalgidis as been called up

Remember this Dellas is back and didn't play in the first 2 games and the team wasn't the same w/o him

Second all the players besides tsiartas have had a month work through club play

so the team will be in better form

Also Greece played Ukraine last year so we know the way they play and the last time we played them was in Greece a 1-0 win where we just dominated through out

Otto knows Schevenko is the key and will instruct the players how to deal with him

Otto was also very confident during the press conference and we need to take that to consideration b/c he must know something

I think Greece will start of strong and try to score if they don't they will drop back and counter attack

Good Luck Elladara mou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring us happiness again!!!!!!!!!!

The news today is that Charisteas will not play. Otto decided not call up any forwards to replace Papadopoulos and Charisteas. In effect, the NT will play with only one clear cut forward: Vryzas. He will end up using 4-5-1 system it appears, with Giannakopoulos trying to cover the absence of Papadopoulos and Charisteas.

Just heard on radio that Charisteas tried practicing tonight with the help pain killing injection, and might actually play in tommorrow's game.

I think Otto has gambled by not calling up any backups and relied on the NT doctor's guarantees that Charisteas will be fit for the game. I hope this does not come back to haunt us.

I want to :box: Otto and i am :blink: i have his name....

at least have some backups and younger players to put on....

I am going to pay another 20 bucks to watch this game, i think this time i will be dissapointed again... who will score? i dont think ukraine will unless we screw up again with basinas as defense but i mean where will the goals come from with only 1 striker??? :blink: :angry:

Archived