Phantis Forums

Fenerbahce Thread

Forget Anelka. He is not an option for Fener. He is a bad tempered man and may break down feners enthusiasm.

About Dindane?? I dont know much about him. I hope he will be like Nobre. But i think fener wont sign both.

i have seen Aruna Dindane play with Anderlecht vs Real Madrid a few seasons ago....he scored and he was a very good, fast and threatening striker...

what is happening with tuncay? i heard a rumor milan was after him.....

A lot of big european clubs are scouting him

i want tuncay goes to premier leage

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L'Equipe wrote yesterday that Fenerbahce will land Anelka in Istanbul on Tuesday and after the player passes a medical, he'll be signed...

Yes i have read it too. We will just wait and see. Maybe a Luis Fabiano signing come instead of this. Or maybe another.

Tuncay is in the list of every huge club for a few years. But none of them has offered a public signing to him or Fener. Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim has announced his and Alex's value is at least

honestly i cant pick...... can i like them both and just hate besiktas? :P

Fener is cool because i like their fans atmosphere more, with obvious exception of the PAO derby, but GS fans werent to kind to OSFP either.... :tdown:

antu is the best football site in the world, and they even gave me a free email account! :D ......its hard to find out which one is the Panathinaikos equivalent of turkey-

Galatasary- small traditional stadium like PAO, better in europe, to me seem like the original turkish sports kulubu....dont sign huge players, have had idols/gods like Hagi...(who was originally to go to PAO!)

Fener- are a plant team , the patriarch supports them (so i ahve heard) they arent red, didnt a greek player play for them once? they also have the best goal music and i like their anthem....

so good luck to both i guess......

they arent red, didnt a greek player play for them once?

i think you've confused things a bit. Yes, a Greek footballer played in Turkey but not for Fenerbahce but for Besiktas JK which is ironically known as the most nationalistic and folf-oriented club of the big tree. His name... I think you know him... Nikos Kovis or as known here in Turkey Niko Kovi... And hey, what's the story?! Why the s at the end of the name is omitted sometimes. Is it something grammatic???

oh i thought it was fener.....oh well

the story with the 's' is that depending on how the noun is used the shape of the word changed....

ill try to explain the grammatics best i can.....maybe gobekli can offer a top explanation he is wise with languages.....

when the noun , take Nikos for example, is the Subject, it is Nikos

ex:

Nikos kicked the ball.

when the noun is an object it drops its s .....

ex:

Kostas kicked Niko.

possesive it will be when its of Nikos, it changes depending on the ending, but for "os" endings the possive goes to "ou"

ex:

The ball of Nikou.

and the last one which is probably why hes known as just Niko there, is when you adress some one, speak to them. usually the os words go to "e" but there are some exceptions....

ex:

Niko, you should have never played for Besiktas.

I've learnt that he was signed by Besiktas in 1970 as a young prospect and was neutralised in 1972. He also has 8 caps for Turkey. But he has always acknowledged his Greek identity and he's also coached some teams in Ethniki... I remember Patraikos, Panahaicki and Nafpakintos or something like that!

whats goin on with Fenerbahce and Anelka???

i read this some where on yahoo sport......im sure its written many places

"Turkish side Fenerbahce were reported to have reached a deal with Manchester City to take their France striker Nicolas Anelka on loan for the rest of the season.

The Cumhuriyet daily said City would receive three million euros and Anelka 1.7 million euros as part of the deal"

3 million for a LOAN!??!?? thats quite stupid of Fenerbahce. Its not even a full season. Anelka is good but Fener dont really need him at that price. They are doing fine with Nobre and Van Hoijdonk, Tuncay and Alex.... and can win the league without Anelka, who would be good but not that big a difference.....they could get just as good for cheaper but without the fancy name....

another question - i know Fener is 2nd largest club in terms of supporters in europe, but how are they THAT rich, especially in a country with such a poor currency(no offense its true) manage to throw out these bids and get huge players ???

Actually, Currency WAS soo poor. Anymore not : 1 Euro = 1,8 YTL Not so poor huh :)

Also Turkish Economy is too strong. Especially in the last 2 years everythin is gone better.

Fenerbahce has a total budget of $100M, an %30 of it is reserved for Transfer. Not so bad huh?

Actually Fener will never hire Anelka be sure. We need a consistent star for at least to our 100th year 2007..

Well, I would never trust any news source about transfers except Fanatik -yeah, i know they sucked in the summer but they've got all the news correct about Gala for about the last fortnite- and ajansspor.com but I really really hope Fener signs Nicolas cause he'll make a big impact in the team!!! He will fight with Daum before May and reprimand his teammates of two or three... :LOL: also he said he wanted no. #9 which Serhat already said he would not give away... so you sense the first problems, aha!!! ;)

Fener had made big investments in being a real company. Our shirt + stadium profit is huge. For example Ortega.. We got his money back by selling the combine tickets and his shirts just in a month.. The same for Alex and the same will be for Anelka...

The Turk : Everybody said the same things about Alex too, everybody said he would be the second Ortega. But you see the result. Now everybody saying the same thing.. But know that there will never be another Ortega.... Anelka said that there is no problem with the shirt no. He wanted No9 if available, and learnt that it is not...

But Anelka is and has always been a problemous guy wherever he went. He left Arsenal where he could have teamed up with Henry to make one of the best pairings in history. Then he fought with Del Bosque when he was at Real and did not go out to train with his teammates. Then he fought with Louis Fernandes when at PSG and simply convinced everyone that he was never gonna be a big team star. I do not say that his achievements at City are huge cause City is a mediocre team in the EPL... I think Fener will be his last chance and he has to prove that he is a worldclass striker at Saracoglu...

It seems that Anelka is coming after all

I wonder who will heat the bench in his place?

I would have preffered somebody to strengthen the deffense, maybe some better goalkeeper. Rustu is not very reliable

I had the impression that the offensive side of Fener is very good, you have Alex, Tuncay, Nobre..and others to score

Well, the season is long, there are 3 competitions, he may be another option

But did not Daum himself spoke about more ballanced team , having deffense in mind??

Well, after all, the important thing is always score at least one goal more, like in the last game (and to change Rustu if it is possible)

And of course, pray htat niether Aurelio nor Alex get injured

Actually this is a transfer of next season.

Think : PVH is quitting at the end of the season. So we will have another free place for a foreigner. So this will be a world class defender for sure...

Also as the Turk said, This is Anelka's last chance. He have to prove himself at Saracoglu while playing hard macthes in Europe..

Rustu plays these matces sometimes. But often he is OK. I think he is a better chance for Volkan. Who have seen this it is hard to get the shirt in Fener and also he got something from a well experienced Rustu...

I think Anelka will fit Fener forward perfect. As we think he head recentle selected to be a Muslim, Istanbul must be a perfect place for him...

In order to make place for Anelka, Fabiano has to leave. He is going back to Palmairas

At leas he is going to a great team.

And Uefa will be tough this year, lot of good teams. Some of them were strengthened significantly, like Shahtar Dunjeck who got some wonderful brazilians -Elano from current Champions Santos and Jadson from vice Champion Ath. Paranaense, this youngster was elected the discovery of the year in Brazil

And do not forget Valencia, even if they are not so good at the moment, Villareal which is perfect at the moment, with Riquelme at his best, Sevilla, (they also have a new Brazillian who impressed me in his first game: Adriano, a lateral with offensive projection) Stutgart and others, and of course the Basques from Bilbao, an ascending team at the moment, who can score at least 5 goals against any team.. So, it will be interesting.

Thank God Interstar will trasmit all Fener games (I hope)

If Oly can not do it, I will be happy for Alex and co. if they take it. And even happier if they eliminate Pana

I see every clip from Antu, I really love this team this year

Tuncay is not leaving I hope

Tuncay has already signed a contract and he is staying at least for a further 2.5 years. I dont think we are gonna sell him. They need to pay at least €20M to get him from us. Also Alex is a diamond too.

We have built the system. Club is making money, We have the training grounds at top level, stadium is getting perfect, we have gained experience and now it is time for SUCCESS..

Archived