Phantis Forums

Besiktas Thread

i ll not able to pas without talking about Besiktas cArşı Fun group, And their excellent show in Inonu Stadium Last week in Manchester United match...

Watch and see real funs which i always respect them as a Galatasaray fun and gealouse when i was university student because my scholl was in Besiktaş and i was in the middle of them for 5 years. Meanwhile UEFA fobidden cArşı pancarts because the ''A'' in this pancarts (A symbol of cArsı is the same with symbol of Anarshi) symbolizing of Anarchi.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speaking of Carşi, I fully support them in their criticism of UEFA. UEFA did not let them put their banners up in the game against Man Utd because the letter "A" in their fonting of CARŞI reminds people of anarchy!! Beşiktaş may be fined ? 5,000 for their insistince in putting up the banners. :o

that is absolutely ridiculous and probably gives much more material to drakos for his rightful criticism of UEFA. :tdown:

Look at The Picture on the Right

• 2 months later...

Beşiktas J.K 1-0 Manchester United

Rodrigo Tello 20'

1993 Galatasaray eleminated Manchester and participated at the Old champhions League with other 7 champhion teams. Ferguson was there

1996 Fenerbahce won to Manchester and broke its 40 years unbeaten record in Old trafford. Ferguson was there.

2009 Besiktas playing to Manchester and Ferguson suprise with the team plan and all players are step players. Besiktas won to Manchester and took their first 3 points in C.L this year, brokes the 23 matches serial in Oldtrafford. Again Ferguson was there.

Ferguson will not learn not to underestimate Turkish teams.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was suprised Guti still even got matches at Real Madrid.....his era has been over since 2003..... I really don't see him doing anything major in Turkey at all.

I did see that BJK signed Ricardo Quaresma....now theres a very good signing.

I was suprised Guti still even got matches at Real Madrid.....his era has been over since 2003..... I really don't see him doing anything major in Turkey at all.

I did see that BJK signed Ricardo Quaresma....now theres a very good signing.

Besiktas will not pay to Real Madrid for Guti, so even if he can play 1 season, if he can bring some critical wins for Besiktas that will be enough. People hope him just to use his experience and quality otherwise sure he will not able to perform such as a young star...

Quaresma is the biggest transfer of Turkish League for this year and Besiktas supporters was waiting and shouting for him more than 1 year, finally Major Demiroren heard them.

• 4 months later...

After signing Quaresma and Guti in the summer transfer window, and still largely underperforming, Beşiktaş have now landed centre-midfielder Manuel Fernandes from Valencia CF on a six-month loan deal. The details of the package has not been declared yet but Beşiktaş JK Chairman of the Player Transfers Committee Serdar Adalı mentioned that the Black Eagles have the buy option with them.

Beşiktaş JK have also declared to the Istanbul Stock Exchange Market that they started negotiations with Portuguese striker Hugo Almeida and fellow-Portuguese wing-forward Simao Sabrosa. Both players are running out of their contracts by May 31, 2011 but whether Beşiktaş is interested in signing these players now or then is still not clear.

• 2 weeks later...

After signing Quaresma and Guti in the summer transfer window, and still largely underperforming, Beşiktaş have now landed centre-midfielder Manuel Fernandes from Valencia CF on a six-month loan deal. The details of the package has not been declared yet but Beşiktaş JK Chairman of the Player Transfers Committee Serdar Adalı mentioned that the Black Eagles have the buy option with them.

Beşiktaş JK have also declared to the Istanbul Stock Exchange Market that they started negotiations with Portuguese striker Hugo Almeida and fellow-Portuguese wing-forward Simao Sabrosa. Both players are running out of their contracts by May 31, 2011 but whether Beşiktaş is interested in signing these players now or then is still not clear.

Demiroren made it!!!

After Quaresma, Guti, Fernandes now Hugo Almeida and Simao Sabrosa...

Good transfers aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...

Beşiktaş have parted ways with their Czech stopper Tomas Zapotocny aka Zapo on mutual agreement.

The former Udinese man was signed by Beşiktaş in the summer of 2008 for a costly ?4.9M.

The erratic centre-back never established himself as a solid starter for the club and with the signatures of three Portuguese players, he was thought to be on his way out.

The 4-times capped player is about to return to his homeland as he is very close to sealing a deal with Czech giants AC Sparta Praha.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So far for Beşiktaş..

- Newly appointed head coach Tayfur Havutcu is kept in jail due to his alleged part in match fixing with IBB players.

- Beşiktaş board have not removed Tayfur, but instead decided to wait for him to be liberated as they believe he's not guilty. Former Sporting head coach Carlos Carvalhal has been appointed as team's interim head coach as of today.

- The Portuguese coach will step down and take over the reigns at Beşiktaş Youth Programme once (or, if I should say) Tayfur is freed.

- Beşiktaş have loaned Bebe in from Man Utd, and also have signed Sidnei to a 1-year contract from Benfica SL. Bebe is 21, and can play as a ST, or on either wings. Sidne is a left-sided CB, who is not very tall but very quick and aggressive, of typical Ivan Cordoba/Fabio Cannavaro mould.

- The club have also signed Mustafa Pektemek, a towering ST from Genclerbirligi and a few Turkish youth players from Austria.

- They also secured the expired loan deals of Ersan Gulum and Manuel Fernandes by paying the required amount to their respective clubs. Ersan has signed a 4-year contract but unfortunately he got injured from his ACL's again, and whether he can ever play football again remains a mystery. Fernandes has signed a 3-year contract worth ?1.6M every season.

- Beşiktaş have drawn 0-0 with Granada in their first friendly game.

- Then, they beat Atletico Madrid 1-0 thanks to a last-minute goal from Fabian Ernst.

- The match-fixing scandal has affected the club heavily as there's still doubt if Beşiktaş will remain in the Spor Toto Super League.

- Beşiktaş chairman Yıldırım Demirören decided to return last year's Turkish FA Cup back to the Football Federation, until the saga ends.

- Despite this move, they are still in for the Europa League Competition.

Beşiktaş have reached an agreement with Irish investors QFI Ltd. to share 50 % of the rights of their three youth players.

The Irish company with the extended name of Quality Football Ireland Ltd. Co. has accepted to give Beşiktaş ? 12M for three youth players, although the exact figures for each player have not been declared.

The players are centre-midfielder Necip Uysal, 20 who currently plays for the A team, centre-back Atınc Nukan, 19, and young goal scoring sensation Muhammed Demirci, 16, who has long been a target for FC Barcelona and Everton.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

UEFA Europa League Group Stage Draw for Beşiktaş...

GROUP E

Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)

BEŞIKTAŞ JK (TURKEY)

Stoke City FC (England)

Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)

I think this is a very very tough draw for Beşiktaş. :o

They were lacklustre at best against Russian Second Division side Alania FC in the play-off round, winning a mere 3-2 on aggregate after a terrible performance in Vladikaukaz.

Dynamo Kyiv and Beşiktaş have played each other a lot in recent years, and this one will surely add to last year's total demolition by the Ukrainian side, winning 4-1 and 4-0 against a very poor Beşiktaş side, then.

It's really hard to say Beşiktaş have improved a lot since then. Schuster was sacked straight after the rout at the hands of Kyiv and Tayfur Havutcu was appointed as manager. Just as the team showed some improvement, Tayfur Havutcu was taken into custody for allegedly taking part in match fixing.

Beşiktaş, under Portuguese caretaker Carlos Carvalhal, are currently working with their third boss in five months. A very fluid passing Dynamo side will be very hard to beat both at home and away. I'd be delightfully pleased if Beşiktaş can manage two draws against this team.

Stoke City "a.k.a. killers of the beautiful game" is a very tough, launch-it-forward-pin-pinch-and-win-it-there team, playing with two towering strikers all the time. I do not seriously think they will cause any problems to Dynamo Kyiv, but against Beşiktaş it's fair to say Stoke City will be the favourites to gather at least 4 points in the 2 matches.

Israeli football's been on the rise for some time now and it's depicted with the fact that Panathinaikos was knocked out by this group of players. I feel Maccabi can cause problems to all the teams in this group at home and can be the dark horse in this group.

I would clearly not expect Beşiktaş to get any more than 5-6 points in this group. It will be an utter miracle if they qualify. :(

Beşiktaş have reached an agreement with Portuguese club Rio Ave for securing the rights of youngster Julio Alves for a season's loan.

Beşiktaş will pay € 75,000 to the Portuguese club and can purchase the young defensive midfielder for €400,000 until May 31, 2012.

Alves played for youth teams of Varzim, FC Porto and Rio Ave and was rumoured to join Atletico Madrid early this summer.

He had a solid U20 World Cup in the Portuguese team that lost 3-2 to Brazil in the Final.

• 2 weeks later...
watch the second gol of eskişehirspor guys. ;)

very sublim finish from former beşiktaş striker batuhan to wrap up the game.

guti did not play in this match and he is not injured. coach carvalhal says it is his decision.

by the way, did carvalhal coach any teams in greece? i remember something like this.

by the way, did carvalhal coach any teams in greece? i remember something like this.

Great finish from Batuhan!! Beşiktaş must be regretting wasting such a young talent for keeping the likes of Nobre happy, who left this summer anyway..

As much as i know, Carlos Carvalhal had a hugely unsuccessful spell at Asteras Tripolis in 2006 or 2007. Apart from that he coached more than a few teams in Portugal, including Vitoria Setubal (twice), Aves, Leixoes, Braga, Freamunde, Estoril and lastly Sporting Lisbon. Except for Leixoes, he never stayed longer than a season at any of the clubs mentioned. He looks to me a copycat of Yılmaz Vural, though Portuguese.

Besiktas : 5-1 Maccabi Tel Aviv

A good game at the end, however still i don't have hope for Besiktas. If you try to lead first class players Guti, Quaresma, Almeida with a coach 'Carvalhal' you can't win 3 matches consecutively.

Meanwhile IMO ''Quaresma'' is the most skilled player came to Besiktas ever, it is really enjoyful to watch him.

Archived