Phantis Forums

Besiktas Thread

Besiktas : 5-1 Maccabi Tel Aviv

A good game at the end, however still i don't have hope for Besiktas. If you try to lead first class players Guti, Quaresma, Almeida with a coach 'Carvalhal' you can't win 3 matches consecutively.

Meanwhile IMO ''Quaresma'' is the most skilled player came to Besiktas ever, it is really enjoyful to watch him.

I expected Beşiktaş to strugge in this one, since Maccabi defeated Panathinaikos 3-0 very convincingly just 20 days ago.

But an early goal from Almeida after Mehmet Aurelio's totally unexpected Xabi Alonso-like long pass broke the deadlock and opened the flood gates for a nice victory.

Hugo Almedia doubled the lead on 27' minutes after an unbelievable trivela assist from Portuguese star Ricardo Quaresma.

Those were the main actions of the first half and on 48' Kehar pulled one back for the Israelis but on 49' and 53', Beşiktaş scored twice and secured the victory.

The last goal of the match was scored on 87' by Edu, new signing from Schalke 04 as he replaced the injured Almeida on 59'.

Almeida's injury could be potentially serious as the club doctors are talking about a Grade 2 tear in his left hamstring. He could be back for training in about 3-4 weeks. Beşiktaş will miss him.

Almeida scored 3 goals in 2 apperarances so far.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beşiktaş got a very lucky victory on Matchday 3 of the Spor Toto SuperLig to their bitter rivals Bursaspor, away.

The Green Crocodiles took the lead through a bizarre goal scored by Tetteh Bangoura after Beşiktaş goalkeeper Ruştu initially saved two shots in 15 seconds.

4 minutes after the goal on 6', Bangoura was sent off on very a dubious decision by the referee.

Despite playing 11v10 most of the game, Beşiktaş couldn't take control and chances still came to Bursaspor as Turgay hit the post on 42'.

Beşiktaş were equally ineffective in the second half and two vicious fouls by Ricardo Quaresma after loosing the ball in two occasions led to the Portuguese player's sending off on 80'.

Strangely, Beşiktaş scored twice after going a man down, thanks to a strong header from Tomas Sivok on 88' and an even more bizarre goal than the Bursaspor one, coming from Filip Holosko on 89'.

You can view the highlights of the match from here: Bursaspor - Besiktas : 1 - 2

Beşiktaş scored 10 goals in their last 3 matches..

They scored 3 headers against Maccabi Tel-Aviv, 3 headers against Ankaragucu and 2 headers against Bursaspor..

8 of their 10 goals came from headers ( 80 %), 5 of them from set pieces ( 50 %)..

I can't figure out if it's any good or bad, so far.. They seem lacklustre in open play despite enjoying the likes of Simao, Quaresma and Fernandes.. But defenders who are not that tall keep scoring goals.. Sivok (1,84cm) and Sidnei (1,74cm) scored twice in those three matches through set pieces..

The real test is next week.. No Almeida, no Ernst against Stoke City FC..

We'll see.. I personally expect a 3-0/4-0 scoreline in Stoke's favour.. I hope I'm wrong, though.. :not:

• 2 months later...

My God!! This guy borned for show,

RICARDO QUARESMA

Maccabi Telaviv 2-3 Besiktas

Please see the 2:20 and 8:05 the first and second goal of Q7, which one is better couldn't decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JxRRVboAIQ

Now Besiktas (9pts) and Stoke City (11pts) will play final with Besiktas in Istanbul. At the first match Stoke won unfairly, it was like a wrestling more than football because of Stoke can't make any ball organisation except the corners and wrestling inside...

Besiktas will win and lead the group this is what has to be...

• 2 months later...

After eleminating Braga with scores; 2-0 & 0-1, Besiktas matched with Athletico Madrid. Madrid is favorite however with Fernandes, Quaresma, Almeida. Besiktas could force Athletico enough. A suprise is not very difficult...

Good luck to them aganist to Athletico which also has our ex giant, Arda Turan.

Archived