Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

Hahaha Greeks are so terrified of technology that they're just itching to jump on this janky BS. Good on the team for taking advantage of that - I bet this is as sure a sign as any that they plan on offering this service for at least a few more years (even though this box won't last that long).

Paok is moving to have its paok TV app included in TVs. I think they reached an agreement with LG, so it's only a matter of time still they get their apps included in more tv sets.

Meaning that paok TV becomes more accessable.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, teke817 said:

II also wouldn't be upset at all if a group like FuboTV or DAZN decided to enter the market (like they did with Football League a few years ago) and snatch up PAOK and half the league as part of a digital TV package, so long as we got fair compensation in exchange. It would be nice to siphon some clubs from NOVA. 

Facebook also would easily pay more then NOVA. Their into buying sport rights lately.

• 2 weeks later...

If you purchase the full season package right now for PAOK TV  (69.99 Euro) right now you will receive a 25 Euro coupon to be used at the PAOK boutique store. 

Additionaly PAOK's U19 game against Xanthi on Saturday will also be streamed on PAOK TV (1.49 Euro). For PAOK TV full season subscribers is free. 

• Like it 2

Here are some number updates for PAOK TV:

20,000 individual subscriptions sold for the PAOK - Xanthi game

The total number for full season subscriptions is around 50,000. Previous figures (55,000+) that were floating around were someone's imagination.

Commercial subs are around 1,000.

Finally PAE PAOK is very disappointed from the subscriptions outside of Greece. They were expecting bigger numbers. I think as long as all the illegal IPTV services have access to the PAOK TV stream, I would not expect the foreign subscriptions to improve.

The piracy isn't going to be stopped by their methods. The question is more: does the fanbase outside the country exist for this? I doubt a lower price point will help as well. I can easily believe that they'd look to license out their rights internationally if they think they can make more money like that.

Opponent Price # Sold Net  

SEASON PRICE 1 (through O ARIS)
€69.99 50,000.00 €3,499,500.00  
  COMMERCIAL SUBS €200.00 800.00 €160,000.00  
  OPAP subs €124.00 1,000.00 €124,000.00  
8/25 Panaitolikos €4.99 45,000.00 €224,550.00  
8/29 Slovan Bratislava €4.99 5,000.00 €24,950.00  
  Slovan/Panionios package €7.99 35,000.00 €279,650.00  
9/1 Panionios €4.99   €0.00  
9/22 Aris €7.99 10,000.00 €79,900.00  
10/20 Lamia €4.99 25,000.00 €124,750.00  
11/3 Panathinaikos €7.99 20,000.00 €159,800.00  
  AEL €4.99   €0.00  
  Xanthi €4.99 20,000.00 €99,800.00  
  Atromitos €4.99   €0.00  
  AEK €7.99   €0.00  
  Asteras €4.99   €0.00  
  Volos €4.99   €0.00  
  OFI €4.99   €0.00  
  Olympiakos €7.99   €0.00  

€4,776,900.00 <-- total sales
        €2,000,000.00 <-- advertising
        €6,776,900.00 <-- net income

As a fan living in Australia I can only speak for myself. I haven't bought the season subscription and probably won't. The simple reason is due to the time difference I probably watch every 3rd or 4th game live. With work and other commitments it's hard to get up at 2,3,4am to watch a match, so I can't justify spending close to $114 (Australian) for the season pass. When I can watch a home game I buy the match and if it's an away game I'll get a stream. I know the time difference with the US isn't as bad as with Australia we really get shafted here and rarely is a kickoff time at before 2am.

That is a good idea. I actually tuned in about 35 minutes late for this last match and was able to watch it from the beginning (a "DVR" icon showed up for me) - though I haven't tried to watch old games so I'm guessing there's no actual support for this once games are over?

And yeah the time difference works out very well for east coat US - games for me are usually between noon and 2pm. Games usually end just in time to watch some football ?

@paokarag4 and @SydneyPAOK you can watch any game you want any time you want. So, basically, if you could just not read any news or talk with anyone who knows the result, you could go and watch the game from the very beginning hours or even days after it's done.

You are huge PAOK fans and I think you should all buy the subscription. Our fan base is really tiny. And it's proven in many different occasions over the years. In total we are about 100,000 that care about PAOK. I think we just need to all get the subscription. No one should stay away from this.

@Blackhawk where did you hear about PAE's disappointment? Do we have any numbers from abroad subscriptions?

@Yiankos Do you know that 100% works? So I could wake up in the morning at 10am and watch the whole match replay without the score being shown to me? Because I emailed PAOK support a while ago asking if I can and they never got back to me. So I just assumed that it wasn't a possibility and you could only watch the game live. 

Yes, I just browsed through different games. I can watch any game I want from the pre-game until the post-game analysis.

The only problem is that the video has the title with the final score (very stupid). For example PAOK-AEL 1-0. So, I guess it's really hard for you to open the video without glancing the score. The only way this could work is if you have someone to open the video for you and you never move your mouse, or you cover the very top of your screen so you cannot see the final score.

13 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

@Yiankos Do you know that 100% works? So I could wake up in the morning at 10am and watch the whole match replay without the score being shown to me? Because I emailed PAOK support a while ago asking if I can and they never got back to me. So I just assumed that it wasn't a possibility and you could only watch the game live. 

If you don't subscribe to the season package you are not able to watch past games.

14 hours ago, Yiankos said:

@Blackhawk where did you hear about PAE's disappointment? Do we have any numbers from abroad subscriptions?

On a radio show on Arena FM. That's where the 50,000 figure came from as well. Foreign subscription number were not mentioned. The presenter on the show claimed that his contact at PAE PAOK expressed his displeasure with the low foreign subscriptions. Also I remember few week backs on the same show there were several callers from Germany that claimed that only small percentage of PAOK fans subscribe to PAOK TV, and that most prefer broken IPTV services that include PAOK TV as one of their channel.

Just because I like you, I'll flip 'em around. Not a big difference at the end of the day:

Opponent Price # Sold Net  

SEASON PRICE 1 (through O ARIS)
€69.99 50,000.00 €3,499,500.00  
  COMMERCIAL SUBS €200.00 1,000.00 €200,000.00  
  OPAP subs €124.00 800.00 €99,200.00  
8/25 Panaitolikos €4.99 45,000.00 €224,550.00  
8/29 Slovan Bratislava €4.99 5,000.00 €24,950.00  
  Slovan/Panionios package €7.99 35,000.00 €279,650.00  
9/1 Panionios €4.99   €0.00  
9/22 Aris €7.99 10,000.00 €79,900.00  
10/20 Lamia €4.99 25,000.00 €124,750.00  
11/3 Panathinaikos €7.99 20,000.00 €159,800.00  
  AEL €4.99 10,000.00 €49,900.00  
  Xanthi €4.99 20,000.00 €99,800.00  
  Atromitos €4.99   €0.00  
  AEK €7.99   €0.00  
  Asteras €4.99   €0.00  
  Volos €4.99   €0.00  
  OFI €4.99   €0.00  
  Olympiakos €7.99   €0.00  

€4,842,000.00 <-- total sales
        €2,000,000.00 <-- advertising
        €6,842,000.00 <-- net income

Did we get Larissa numbers, by the way?

-edit- Updated with Blackhawk's response. Low-balling the # to be on the safer side.

Edited by pash

Glad to know there is at least one person that likes me.

As for Larisa numbers I have not heard anything, but I think it would be safe to assume that the number is around 10,000 - 20,000 judging from previous similar games. As it is all those numbers are estimates anyway, unless PAE PAOK comes out with official numbers.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

On a radio show on Arena FM. That's where the 50,000 figure came from as well. Foreign subscription number were not mentioned. The presenter on the show claimed that his contact at PAE PAOK expressed his displeasure with the low foreign subscriptions. Also I remember few week backs on the same show there were several callers from Germany that claimed that only small percentage of PAOK fans subscribe to PAOK TV, and that most prefer broken IPTV services that include PAOK TV as one of their channel.

I don't doubt the numbers are low. I do know that PAOK fans abroad are not that many and a good percentage of them is not going to get the subscription anyway. Best case scenario, I think we are talking something close to 3,000 subscriptions outside of Greece.

The most PAOK fans outside of Greece are located mostly in Germany. There are not that many PAOK fans in the US and Canada. There are probably more PAOK fans in Australia (even though it does not exist). The problem there as noted by our friends from down under is the time when the games are played live, so we can't expect many subs from there. I would venture a guess that the subscriptions outside of Greece are around 3,000 as Yiankos points out. Definitely not more than 5,000.

Unfortunately, even though Germany leads the way, still we don't have as many fans as I at least thought we had. I realized than when we played against Schalke in 2013. A very important game at the time, we got something like 3,000 tickets and we didn't sell out. I was shocked. And when considering that at least half of the fans flew from Greece, I realized the PAOK fans in Germany are a few hundreds, a thousand maximum. And you can tell by how small the fan clubs are there. Plus an incident when Poikilidis and PAE went there to gather money and the whole thing ended a huge fiasko.

Success breeds success. Hopefully this experiment is still profitable enough that they continue to offer the service to us, and hopefully the team raises its profile to the point where enough people will pay for it.

No team that struggles to even reach the Europa League can pull this off, by the way. We need consistent participation in the Champions League to become the name that the team wants us to be. We need to be much, much better.