Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

2 hours ago, Yiankos said:

The first one was 2 euros, this one 4 euros, I hope next one won't be 8 euros...

The first one was for qualifying round. This one is playoffs, so I am not surprised they raised the price. Probably it had to do how many people ordered the first one. Supply and demand. 

If they end up showing their SL games on PAOK TV, I would hope they would stick closer to the 2 Euro per game price. I might pay 5 Euro for a PAOK - Gavros, but will definitively not pay the same amount for PAOK - Platanias.

23 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

how would you access it with a smart tv?

I'm assuming it would work on any smart tv that has an HTML5-compatible browser. You'd go to the same site as you would on your computer play it there.

2 hours ago, pash said:

Seems PAOK has agreed with NOVA, and the team will have their games broadcast on their channel. I'm guessing this means an end to PAOKTV's pay per view program for now, as well.

Not necessarily. The deal is exclusive between PAOK and NOVA and is not part of the Superleague collective agreement. It's only for one year (the SL-NOVA deal is for two). More importantly, as far as I know, the deal is only the TV rights in Greece. The international rights deal is separate and has not been announced by Superleague yet. It's quite possible that PAOK might opt out of the international deal (as they did for the past two seasons) and present their games on PAOK TV. We shall see.

NOVA and PAOK confirmed the TV deal. In the NOVA press release it states that they will televise all PAOK home games in Super league, preliminary rounds of UEFA competitions as well as friendly games. It also states that it includes international rights, which probably means that the SL home games will end up on Sport Plus.

It does not look right now that the games will be on Sport Plus in the USA/Canada and Australia. At least not according to their schedule on their web site. I contacted PAE PAOK asking them what's going on for the rights outside of Greece, and I got a reply that there will be an announcement concerning this on the team web site soon. We'll just have to wait and see.

Just got an email from PAE PAOK announcing that all PAOK home games will be streamed live on PAOK TV starting with tomorrow's game against Kerkyra which will be offered at introductory price of 1.99 Euro.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Tahma said:

Does anyone know any websites that will provide a full replay of this mornings match against Panatha without knowing the scores?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch due to work...

Sports Plus has numerous replays of the games they show. 

• 7 months later...

Rumors are that ERT has agreed to offer a TV contract to PAOK for their Superleague1 home games worth 7.5 million Euro per season. The deal would be for 3 season's. PAOK's contract with NOVA ended after last season, but NOVA has the option to match any offer that PAOK receives. Let's hope the rumor is true and we will be able to stream PAOK's games through ERT's web streaming.

Speaking of Superleague1 TV contracts for 2019-2020 season here is the current situation:

NOVA:  AEK, AE Larisa, Asteras Tripolis, Olympiakos, Panionios
ERT:  Aris, Atromitos, Lamia, Panathinaikos, Panaitolikos, Xanthis
CURRENTLY WITHOUT CONTRACT: PAOK, NFC Volos, OFI

• 2 weeks later...

NOVA reportedly did not match ERT's offer of 7.5 mil Euro per season and the only thing remaining is for PAOK and ERT to sign the 3-year contract for the Superleague1 home games.

This past Friday was the date when PAOK and ERT were supposed sign the 3-year deal. Instead ERT came out with an announcement that a decision will be made after the elections if the offers to PAOK and surprisingly AEX an d OFI will be accepted. AEX still has a 1 year left with NOVA, so their move to go to ERT has probably to do with the efforts of Olympiakos and their puppets to deny PAOK the ERT contract that would pay PAOK more than they make with their current deal.

Considering that ERT will now be controlled by the new government I expect them to make things difficult for PAOK to sign with ERT. Let's not forget these are the same people that closed down ERT in 2013.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, pash said:

So no more PAOKTV?

Remains to be seen as it will most likely depend on who we sign with for the rights in Greece.

I still don't understand why they won't show the pre-season games outside of Greece, Cyprus and Albania.

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Concerning PAOK TV rights for next season.

The PAOK deal with ERT is dead as the new government will not allow it to go through probably after pressure from the governments right hand (Marinakis).

Also, NOVA with help from Olympiakos and AEK prevented the ERT deal to go through hoping that PAOK would come back to them begging for a new deal.The relations between PAOK and NOVA are in bad shape and I would not be surprised if PAOK decides not to even talk with NOVA.

The only other option left is for PAOK to sign with OPEN TV which is owned by Ivan Savvidis. The longer this issue drags on the more likely PAOK Superleague 1 home games will end up on OPEN TV in Greece and PAOK TV outside of Greece.

All this just 3 weeks before the season kicks off.