Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

• 2 months later...

Well we are upon a new Superleague season, and for the PAOK fans there is still not a reliable service to watch the PAOK games. At least not the home games.

Last season PAE PAOK let Laola1.TV stream the games live, but it appears that this will not be the case this season.

I inquired about this with PAE PAOK and got the following reply:

Καλησπέρα σας, 

Δεν υπάρχει συμφωνία με πλατφόρμα του εξωτερικού, δουλεύουμε πάνω σε μια μόνιμη και μακροχρόνια συμφωνία, θα ενημερωθείτε με ανακοίνωση.

Ευχαριστούμε πολύ

So it appears that they are working on setting up some kind of long term service. If you ask me, this service should already have been in place, way ahead before the season starts.

In the meantime Novasport has introduced a new Superleague streaming service for fans outside of Greece. All Superleague games will be streamed live, and all will also be available via Video On Demand one day after the game. This service does not include the home games of PAOK.

This service is available in the following regions:

EUROPE (except in Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, FYROM, Greece and Cuprus)

ASIA (except in Israel)

AFRICA

This service IS NOT available in North America and Oceania!!!!

The cost is as follows:

Annual Superleague Pass:

Introductory price:  €80.00 (regular price €135.00)

Weekly Superleague Pass:

Introductory price:  €6.99 (regular price €11.99)

There is a free preview until September 19.

More info here: https://online.novasports.gr/

• Like it 1

I'd pay 80/year for all PAOK superleague games. Lacking 50% of their matches, though...they can go to hell.

This would be assuming we could get it here, which we clearly cannot. I hope our Nigerian fanbase is happy with this deal, at least.

@Blackhawk - great job following up on this for everyone's benefit. I realized something was up when I could not view Sunday's game on Laola1 ... So that service is about to get canceled! 

Totally agree I would pay the E80 or more for a season pass online, but no PAOK home games is nuts. I don't even understand how they PAE can work a separate TV deal like that ... I mean, is that even an advantage? Wouldn't you want Greek fans to be able to watch your games?

Hopefully they come up with a streaming deal soon before too much of the season goes by ... I like the idea of a long-term solution.

• Like it 1

Thanks for the nice words, which are appreciated.

Yeah it looks like the Laola option from last season has been put on hold by PAE PAOK. Not sure what kind of streaming or broadcast options they are looking at. Broadcast wise they only viable option in North America and Australia would be the Sport Plus/Antenna setup, but PAE PAOK does not want to be part of that. 

What gets me mad is that they did not have something in place before the season started. Why does everything have to be done half-ass backwards. Hope they get this issue resolved soon. Next home Superleague game is only 2 weeks away.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

Still no sign of any deal by PAE PAOK to provide a viable option for us to watch PAOK home games. Before every home game I send them an e-mail, but get the same response that they are working on it. perhaps Savvidis had something to say about it in his 4-hour speech the other day, but I doubt it. I wish they would just have the games temporarily on Laola or at least on PAOK Youtube Channel. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like Ivan Savvidis will eventually end up owning MEGA Channel in Greece. Today he purchased 20% of the shares of the TV station. The station is in bankruptcy and I believe he will get controlling interest in the company once emerges from the bankruptcy hearings.

With that in mind, I foresee that the television rights for PAOK games will end up on that channel. Let's not forget that PAOK has not signed the Superleague collective deal with Novasport. The good thing for us is that MEGA also runs an international channel MEGA Cosmos, so hopefully once again we might have the option of watching PAOK home games. I would also hope that they will introduce some kind of streaming service for the games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PAE PAOK is introducing their new PPV TV Channel. The will start with tomorrow's game against Olimpik which will be allowed only to people outside of Greece for €1.99. It will  full HD broadcast.

Link: TV.PAOKFC.GR

• 2 weeks later...

No word yet if the EL game on Thursday will be available on PAOK TV. 

As for Superleague games. As it stands PAOK does not have a TV contract in place. On Friday there is an emergency Supeleague meeting to discuss the TV situation, so things might change then. If not, I expect the PAOK home games to be available on PAOK TV on subscription basis. The away games will depend if there is a deal reached with NOVA. In any case this weekend's Superleague games will be televised on NOVA channels in Greece, but next round apparently depends on Friday's negotiations.

Η ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ προσφέρει την αναμέτρηση κόντρα στην Έστερσουντς (17.08, 21:00) για τα Play Offs του Europa League, σε ζωντανή μετάδοση σε κάθε γωνιά του πλανήτη.

Εύκολα, αποτελεσματικά, με € 3,99 , απολαύστε τον αγώνα στην Smart TV σας, σε υπολογιστή, στο κινητό ή σε tablet!

Η μετάδοση του αγώνα από το PAOK TV θα είναι ενεργή ΑΠΟΚΛΕΙΣΤΙΚΑ για όσους βρίσκονται εκτός Ελλάδας και Σουηδίας. Η αναμέτρηση ΠΑΟΚ-Έστερσουντς θα μεταδοθεί εντός Ελλάδας αποκλειστικά από την Cosmote TV.

Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες επισκεφθείτε το tv.paokfc.gr