Phantis Forums

PAOK TV-Radio Coverage (including streams)

Ziaka

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have problems watching the Laola1 PAOK streams on Smart TV? When I try to watch the game on my 60 incher, Laola tells me that I need a premium account.  I get around it by streaming it on my laptop connected to the TV with HDMI cable.

No, I try to watch it through the web browser on my Smart TV. It worked ok until about 1 month ago, but the last two games it is asking for a premium account. Have no problem on the laptop using either Google Chrome or IE Explorer. Not a big deal as I can connect the laptop to the TV.

I think on things like the phone, they try to get you to sign up and actually pay for it. Using a normal browser is the "low-fidelity" and feature-lite option. I would assume that whatever browser is used by Blackhawks' TV is a tipoff to that (especially if his TV is running on a version of android, which probably ported over the stock browser wholesale). On your phone, it would be especially obvious to them that you're using it on a mobile device, which is why it would trigger that message.

Well the Laola streams issues might not matter anymore since ...

Israeli agency pockets rights to PAOK matches

Israeli sports marketing agency Davnis Sports is to sell the international media rights to PAOK's home matches in the Greek Super League.
The company will distribute the rights globally - with the exception of Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Albania ? until the end of the 2016/17 season.

A statement from Davnis said the deal also includes international betting rights, and invited broadcasters and agencies to express their interest.

Thessaloniki-based PAOK, who competed in this season?s Uefa Europa League, are one of several Greek top flight clubs able to sell their own media rights as they are not included in the Super League's central rights deal.

Well Laola is a legit source and it's not a bad arrangement, but not everyone has the access to internet. Specially the old-timers, like my father for example.

I am not sure who will this Israeli firm sub-license the rights to? I don't see Sport Plus and Antenna group getting the games, since they are cooperating with Superleague (and NOVA) to show the remaining 15 teams. Who else is left out there? The only remaining Greek satellite stations are MEGA Cosmos and Alpha SAT, and I don't see them getting the games either. Don't fool ourselves, I don't think any non-Greek channel would be willing to show the games. 

From what I recall, Internet is cheaper than satellite TV. Think of all the inappropriate websites the old timers can enjoy instead of kalimera ellada. It's win-win.

By garbage, I mean stations that are only available via satellite. It's 2016. Let the old way die.

As for who would show it - I don't understand why sport plus/antenna wouldn't be an option?

• Like it 2

Because the only reason why they are not showing the PAOK games right now is because PAOK did not sign the deal with them to begin with, so I don't see them contradicting themselves now. If they wanted to do that they would have signed a separate deal with PAOK instead of going through a Jewish middleman.

The only option I see this company is setting a pay-per-view channel available through satellite/cable/internet to show the games.

one would wonder if the deal does not include those countries ...it must include USA/Canada/USA?

Otherwise there would be no commercial interest?

It doesn't include those countries as Nova owns the rights there.

This deal may be good for the PAE but it isn't good for us fans. We can already see all home games on Laola but that will probably not be possible when the company launch their deal. As the deal doesn't include the away games we will only be paying for something we're seeing for free today. How many will want to pay for just half the games?

The best would have been if all the clubs launched a deal together, where the top-4 clubs would get like 70-80% of the revenues to split equally among them.

Edited by Blackhawk
  • Like it 1

PAOKSWEDEN, there is already a deal that includes all the teams. The problem is that PAOK is the only Superleague team that opted out of this deal. That's why the PAOK home games are not available outside of Greece. In order to keep us happy PAE PAOK lets Laola stream the games. Like you said this will probably end, when this new company finds a broadcaster to show the games.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

I typically watch PAOK home games on Laola1 ... It's $4.99/mo and all their home games are televised (no road games). I downloaded the app to my ipad, and stream it to my tv on Apple TV. You can also stream it on the web. They also have a license for the Football League so I've seen a lot of Larissa this year. Road games are a pain in my @ss, and usually I have to find some pirated feed. 

• 2 months later...