Phantis Forums

Panionios - Udinese

Irlandos

What a great result - just been reading the match report on UEFA.com. Let's hope they can hold on and make the group stages - then I'll definitely try to get to some of the games.

I'm not actually Greek, I'm an Englishman who lives in London with a Greek fiance, but I've been a Panionios fan since I saw them beat AEK at home about 3 years ago, having gone along because it was the only game on in Athens on the Saturday night that we were there visiting her family.

I've since seen them beat Olympiacos at home, draw away at Kallithea and lose at home to Panathinaikos, so I think I can claim to be a proper fan. In fact, I'm getting married in Athens in February and I'm bringing a big group of about 30 English folks down to Nea Smyrni stadium for the game the day after the wedding!

Really pleased they beat Udinese - after the late run into the UEFA Cup spot they've done themselves proud. Does anyone know how big the crowd was? And has the result had much attention in Greece (my future mother-in-law didn't know about it when I text mesaged her this morning)?

I'll be wearing my Panionios shirt around London with pride this weekend!

:D

Archived