Phantis Forums

2006 WC...Greece - Turkey....

nightsurfer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far i'm very glad with the performance of my team.

Both teams had good chances. How Nikolaidis managed to save Nihat's shot is beyond me! Damn! :blink:

I see it 2-2 so far. Both teams playing the same game style. First defence and then quick attack! :whistle:

I've been listening to the game on Metrosport and it has been a wild game. Right from the get-go, Greece has been pressing Turkey and came close to scoring several times.

This announcer sounds like he's lost his voice and the second half just started. The stadium sounds like it's going nuts. Wish I was there!!

It was a great game indeed! :tup:

Before the match i said a point would be great for us but now i'm worried cuz we could have won this match. We were technically superior so created some very good chances with counter attack.

We did what we had to do so i'm glad. Also our game was promising for the future games. :tup:

As for Greece, Vryzas worked really hard. Charisteas wasn't very affective.

Good match, good score, what can one ask more? :tup:

btw the atmosphere was not very intimidating, fans acted civilised which is a very good thing! :)

GREAT GREAT GREAT GAME

I couldn't believe on how great our team performed. It's not always the result but how they play... It's still open and anything can happen...

I don't know what else I can say. Bring on the Ukraine and the Danes and we'll beat them.

I'm extremely proud of these guys. It's one of those times that once again I'm proud to be Greek

HELLAS OLE

I mean i was expecting a more crazy atmosphere. :P

btw Seems to me the Greek tv put the main camera between the fans cuz i've seen many shadows in front of the screen drinking something and standing up when the Greek team was attacking. :lol:

I saw the game in TV.....but it was not great.........

Greece misses the rythm....due to non-practice....... and they were weak on the constructive part.....

I would have never fixed 2 games early September.....as Greece played only with 70-80 % of it's physical capacities.... and this is huge in todays international football. This makes the difference....where you play clean in defense, you close the gaps in the midfield and in front you take profit from your chances....

I would have fixed only one game early september .....because you have to.

Nothing lost......and we will be much stronger from now on......

im very disapointed with all our corners and freekicks wasted.

i think that we will miss out of qualification with 1 point in the end.

if we had gotten a point in albania then things would have been much better, now we must get 12 points from georgia-kazakstan, 8 points from denmark-ukraine and 4 form turkey-albania

:gr:

I watched the game and i think Greece was 60% of what they were in Euro 2004

Im wondering if this is cos of being after the holidays or cos we miss Delas soo much

Have to credit Basinas he did a good job where he was

But Greece did do a couple of m*****a passes and corners it was like they didnt want to win it :(

Im also diappointed at Turkeys play acting especially Rustu he was smart saw 2 players next to him and knew it was a goal so he just dived and got the foal and goal disallowed (he knew it was going in anyways so he dived to see what he could get)

I was pretty serious during the game but one thing that made me laugh was seeing King Otto throw the water bottle in disgust then the crowd cheered -

O Germanos einai trellos

O Germanos einai trellos :nw:

I think the group is still open and anything can happen (look at us during Euro) and maybe Greece wants its underdog status back as a psychological edge yes we are the Euro Champions but so far we have a had a draw and a loss now teams wont know what to expect from Greece which was the same status we had during Euro

I just want the old Greece back (and dellas) :nw: :gr: B)

BTW who we playing next, when and where?

I'm dissapointed at the result. However there is ten more matches left.

We need a good result against the Ukraine in Kiev.

Also I heard that the greek fans didn't boo the turkish national anthem. No matter how much you hate one nation I don't agree with booing anybody's national anthem.

We played alrite today but we missed alot of chances

hopefully next time we play everybody will be more fit

i think thats wut killing us our physical condition.

the chemistry isn't there and the fire and desire isn't there eithe r

but we still got 10 games left i believe

so we have time and were 3 points out

but going to ukraine next month will be a huge step

Good Luck Hellas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greece should complain to Fifa and have turkey loss points for Rustus play acting

score should have been 1 - 0 :tdown:

stop talkin xxx i saw the highlights an everyone agreed that he was taken out... Also if he wasnt and he did do it on purpose they cant complain coz the game is over now... dont you find it funny how your the only one who thinks this and no one else that matters?

Greece should complain to Fifa and have turkey loss points for Rustus play acting

score should have been 1 - 0 :tdown:

stop talkin xxx i saw the highlights an everyone agreed that he was taken out... Also if he wasnt and he did do it on purpose they cant complain coz the game is over now... dont you find it funny how your the only one who thinks this and no one else that matters?
Key word u saw the highlights!

Stop talkin xxx cuz, u didnt see how dodgy the reffing was

and if u think im the only one read this post

http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...t=0entry27850

:whistle:

There is a foul from Giannakopoulos on Rüstu..... the decision is correct.

We weren't "Albanians" on the opponents National Anthem.....now we won't even be "English" (Portugal - England) on fouls at Goalkeepers

Hollywood, please refrain from bad language....there are hundred other words to give "an adjective" to the opinion of your mates

The Olympics finally did harm the NT a bit.

Most of the Greek players have no official games yet... <_<

The team shows sparks of class and then falls again to mediocre performance.

I was impressed with the Turkish Pressing in the first half too! But they got also a bit tired in the second half.

We need to work hard now to qualify from this group.

Saw the game on TV.

How anyone can be satisfied with Greece's performance is beyond me!

Turkey played our type of game (men behind the ball, quick counter attack, well organised team). We had to show initiative and dictate play...we couldnt do that! Seems like a trend...against teams where we cant play our defensive game (Turkey, Albania, Russia) we play worse than the better teams of the world.

Turkey killed the flow of the game, they made it a stop start affair. Cant remeber the free kick count but with 10mins to go they had commited 3 times the fouls we had.

Fyssas was the worst player on the park for Greece. I can see Veneditis stealing his spot. In the centre of midfield was the biggest problem, there was no ball player, only ball winners. Neither Katsa or Zago took the initiative and made play. Bassinas was doing this at sweeper but he was too deep to be effective.

Our movement off the ball was terrible, how many times did u see Ellines running into the same space or crowd around eachother like flies in a bucket of s%$#!.

Upfront Charisteas and Vryzzas are too similar. There is no pace at all between them.

Elladara we've got alot of work to do for Germania!

I agree with Kolosso and nightserfer, the game wasn't too exciting apart from some moments in the first half. Second half was completely boring.

XXX that was definently a foul I was sitting behind this goalpost and I saw it from there. If you even touch the keeper in the small area is a foul.

AEK66. What are you talking about man? Karagounis was our best player! Along with Basinas I think they were the best.

Zagorakis was far away from his good self while Fyssas and Seitaridis were both crap!!! (Actually Giourkas was a little bit better).

Charisteas and Vryzas performed well but they did not get a descent ball during the entire match. Giannakopoulos I think was the worst of all along with Katsouranis. They both played crap and should have been substituted long before they actually did......

Tsartas, typical 'Kyria' he was walking in the field while Papadopoulos had 1 or 2 good moments....

I think things are very difficult now we will definently need a '0-1 Spain' alike result either in Denmark, Ukraine or Turkey.... I think if we loose in Kiev things will be almost over!!! :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Remember people consistency is the most important thing here... I don't want us to be remembered as a flash team that came out of nowhere in euro 2004 and then dissapeared from the football map for another 30 years!!! ;)

Archived