Phantis Forums

2006 WC...Greece - Turkey....

nightsurfer

Guys, I m worrying very much.....because, we are physically not ready....and the Turks have already started with their league since a couple of weeks......

Due to the Olympics....the Football players had to face a lot of disadvantages.......not only the years before they had to play in small, uncomfort stadiums...... but now also have to play 2 very important and historical prestigous games in a very bad moment.....as they went to Tirana unprepared.....and now they will face Turkey unprepared.

I m worrying a lot...............

I mean if the game in Tirana would have been in the middle of October....... we never would have lost this game....... for that I m sure..........

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys in tirana was 2 stupid disgraceful errors - and that was all the offense and goalscoring from albania who was always tough anywyas...

the first was a total gift in the most ridiculous ball into your own area by katsouranis

the second was a freekick that somehow went in because nikopolidis was never any good at stopping them...

but on the bright side- Katsouranis wont be making that mistake again.

but as for the rest of the game greece dominated but could only get 1 goal....

i predict a 3-1 win with Charisteas, Karagkounis and Basinas penalty.

First of all Hasan Saas is not playing because he was sent off during the game against Georgia.

Now the only thing that I hope for this game is for the Greek fans to show some signs of civilisation. I would be very pissed off to see booing in Turkeys National Anthem (you know same as the Albanians did in Tirana during the play of our Anthem), and I don't want to see a fanatical crowd. This is simply a football game we will be supporting our Team like mad but lets keep it at that.... I am sure that we want the Turks to give us a good hospitality when we visit Istanbul....

The only Vandalism accepted will be against the Pasoko-xarismeno-karaiskaki-ground!!!! :P :box: :ph34r:

why are you so objective to a fantatical crowd??? this is the fun in going to the games??? why shouldnt greek fans go crazy to see the 1st game of their national team back in Greece as champions vs an old rival???

i think its going to be so crazy even the turkish team will have never seen anything like it!

:D

why are you so objective to a fantatical crowd??? this is the fun in going to the games??? why shouldnt greek fans go crazy to see the 1st game of their national team back in Greece as champions vs an old rival???

i think its going to be so crazy even the turkish team will have never seen anything like it!

:D

Going crazy is completely different from being Fanatical!!!

Of course we are going to be crazy, favouring our European champions. But there is no need for throwing stones, bricks, knoves, booing National Anthems, making Banners with Alexander the Great and Kolokotronis, shout against Suleimanoglou and all other sorts of stuff that a Fanatic crowd usually does..

I will be the first one top go nuts!!!!! After all I am allergic to the red colour especially whithin the Pasoko-ghpedo!!! :box:

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I agree with Ellastonpapou 13.

We need to have the crowd that we saw in the EURO. We're the European champions now, not some barbaric middle eastern country that wants to kill anyone and anything because we're not winning...

Greece - Turkey 2-0...... I just hope it's a clean game

Be assured that you'll be hosted very well in here... let me give you my opinions about the match... our attacking-minded boss Ersun Yanal is having serious trouble whom to select in the starting line-up because of our rich depth in the offensive lane... His formation seems to be an offensive 4-2-3-1... The lone striker up front will probably be Hakan Sukur and there'll be three guys just behind him... In the game against Georgia these players were Hasan Sas on the left, Fatih Tekke in the middle and Tuncay on the right... I definitely think that our superstar Nihat Kahveci will replace one of these three... Hasan Sas is suspended and i think that Tuncay will move to the left side which Sas occupied against Georgia... The central role behind Sukur will be given to Gokdeniz or Fatih Tekke... Gokdeniz is no aerial threat but he's quick and has bags of technique and dribbling skills... Tekke is a superb finisher and was probably Turkey's most impressive player against Georgia... It will be a hard time for Yanal to make a selection of the Trabzonspor duo... There's a faint possibility that both can play... If Hakan Sukur is sidelined he is then to be replaced by Fatih and that central attacking midfield position will be given to Gokdeniz... But this is very very unlikely... In central midfield it will be the "superbucurs" Emre Belozoglu and Buruk Okan taking part... In central defence one player to participate is surely Ibrahim Toraman... He can also support the midfield with accurate passes that could create our counter-attacks... Alongside Toraman, a healthy Cetin Servet is the favourite to get the jersey but it will be Deniz Baris if Servet is unable to get fit... I would also be very pleased to see the match-up between Angelos Charisteas and Cetin Servet... We seem to have only one option in that left-back situation, that is Umit Ozat... Fenerbahce's Balci Serkan played right-back against Georgia though he's an anchorman and it will be either him or Onder Turaci to play in the right-back position... So this could be the most probable line-up against Greece...

Rustu

Serkan - Deniz - Toraman - Umit Ozat

Buruk Okan - Emre

Nihat - Gokdeniz - Tuncay

Sukur

European champions Greece, is in a delicate position in this tight group after the first games just as Turkey... They suffered a rather surprising defeat at the hands of Albania... Although i do not have any info on the team's suspensions and injury problems, i definitely see the same tactical setup in the team's Euro 2004 games... It will be a very patient Greek side with probably Karagounis and Basinas trying to keep the ball and Charisteas spearheading the attack... I do not see Tsartas getting a first team place but he is the top favourite to be brought on in the second half... I see some interesting match-ups in the Greek defence... Seitaridis vs Tuncay will be one of them... Fysas vs Nihat will be another... But the main one will be Dellas vs Sukur... i think that this will be a key match-up in the progress of the game... If Dellas gets over Sukur, we are bound to see rapid counter-attacks from Greece in front of the Turkish goal... If Sukur fakes past the Dellas trap, he will have a good number of chances and one of them will get past Nikopolidis, who seemed to be out-of-shape against Albania...

So i won't be surprised to see the Greeks starting the game as...

Nikopolidis

Giourkas - Dellas - Kapsis - Fysas

Katsouranis - Basinas

Zagorakis - Karagounis

Giannakopoulos

Charisteas

Let me state... i'm pretty sure of the Turkish line-up and tactics but i can not exactly say that my Greece line-up will be 100% correct... as i stated earlier i do not know the condition and the card situation of the Greek players...

Finally, my guess... i already bet on the net and i played a 1-0 Greece correct score to go with a few more games to give me a 1- 38 coupon... Though i see a 1-0 Greek win a good possibility, i won't be shocked if Turkey come out with a 1-2 win or a 1-1 draw... If Turkey score first, it will be 60% that we'll win...

DOSTLUK KAZANSIN...

=

LET FRIENDSHIP WIN...

=

(i don't know it in Greek, sorry) <_< ...

I agree with Irlandos! Anything can happen at this match. Hasan Sas is not playing the game that he used to 2 years ago but i must say i'm also not comfortable with the game of our NT at the last match, all i'm hoping is that the venue of the Georgia match affected our players game badly.

In Trabzon, there was more Georgian flags than Turkish flags, the Trabzon fans was booing the Fenerbahce players of our NT during the match. When Georgia scored i was in the kitchen for a while and thought that we scored the second goal cuz there was a huge noice after the goal! :tdown: Plus the pitch of the stadium was terrible.

Ofcourse in Athens, it will be a worse atmosphere for us so lets see what will happen! :whistle:

From what I've read, Hakan Sukur's partiicpation in the match will be determined tomorrow, so basically its up in the air right now.

Now on the Hellenic side, it seems Vasilis Tsiartas will START against Turkey as will Giannakopoulos judging by what Rehagell showed in tonights practice at Karaiskaki.

Yes we should score more than 2 goals but we never have w/ Otto. In the event when we're losing by 1 or 2 goals, we need to be able to switch players to be a bit more attacking. I think starting Giannakopoulos and Tsartas would be good at this point, I mean why use the exact same starting lineup? The point is to be unpredictable, not predictable.

Come on everybody just relax

Listen we can hit the panic button if we draw or tie with Turkey.

I want our fans to be fanatical off course respect the opposing teams national anthem but after that lets get crazy.

Turkey has been sliding ever since there 3rd place finish in the WC

we just had a very bad technical game

if it wasn't for those first 10 mins we would have won the game

so everybody lets just have our heads high and have a positive mind on winning

go Hellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

easy, just because they didnt get a result doesnt mean they are continuing to slide, they miss a boat load of opportunties,posts,etc.

that attacking mid they have really has me uneasy for a helluva counter and trouble, not having Dellas back there is going to HURT, i just hope goumas can extinguish any threat, especially in the AIR.

* PRAYS *

Otherwise i think we wont have MUCH trouble putting one or more in the net.

Dellas is going to miss the match and that is final...

Now if Tsiartas starts I am starting to forget about a good result.... Unless he makes a single pass in his first 10 minutes of play, we score and then immediately Rehagel substitutes him!!!! ;) However, I don't think he will start bearing in mind his disasterous performance against the Albanians!!!

nitesurfer... it's gonna be SHOW TV broadcasting the game... by the way, why is dellas not taking part? is he injured? if he doesn't play it will be huge for us... and if dabyzas plays for his place, it will be huger :D ... cuz dabyzas really really sucks...

and guyz, this is an extremely tight group. i watched the game between Danimarka and Ukrayna and here are some important steps...

FOR DENMARK...

- they seem to have only two offensive weapons... the crosses from the wingers (Jorgensen & Gronkjaer) and long shots (Gravesen & Tomasson)...

- the new striker replacing Ebbe Sand, Mark Madsen seemed to be a crap guy and all the hard work is left for Jon Dahl Tomasson in the attacking line...

- Kroldrup replaced Henriksen in central defence and Tomi Helveg partners him... i did not witness the aerial domination i saw before, thus Ukraine created several chances from crosses or thru balls... good news for the Greek team... ;)

FOR UKRAINE...

- they are improving with every game they play... they're much more attacking-minded than the time they played with us in 2003 February (that 0-0 dull draw in Izmir).

- they finally seem to have found a true partner for Shevchenko in Vorobei... The Shakhtar player is a speedy guy who reaked havoc when he got into Helveg & Kroldrup...

- Andrey Husyn played a magnificent game in the anchorman position and at the age of 31, he showed he can still boss the midfield, even if he was playing against one of the greatest midfielders in the game, Tomi Gravesen...

- to my very very surprise, Alexandre Shovkovsky seemed to be quite safe between the sticks... he is clearly not the Shovkovsky who conceded two terrible goals from Spain last year...

... guyz, this game between you & us is not the final game, believe me! i do see Ukrainians a big chance in this group... don't forget, both Turkey & Greece will still go to Kiev to play against a well-organised Ukraine team...

... and yes, some of you may not believe me but i see Denmark a relative fourth place finish in this group... they may have two great wingers plus a very able striker but apart from Gravesen their midfield is really out-of-shape and their central defence is disappointing... they definitely need Henriksen but he's already gone!!!

... the points lost against TriMinors (Albania, Kazakhstan, Georgia) and the performances against Denmark will decide the group, not the games between Greece, Turkey & Ukraine...

This is a must win for us following the loss to Albania. There are 4 teams inour groupd that will fight for the top 2 spots, and anything can happen as we saw in the opening rounds of the games.

The team will miss Dellas, and I don't think Dabizas can replace him. We also need to pick up on our offense. One think we can't afford as we saw in the game with Albania is to let Turkey score first. I'd rather see us playing good defensive game (as we did in Portugal), and then get a goal or two with our counter attacks.

I see a very close game. 1-0 Greece.

Heard too that Hakan Suker picked up a thigh injury against Georgia and may not start.

And forgot his name, but the Turkish captain is also unlikely to start.

Cervit is also 50/50.

Hasan Sas is suspended we all know that.

So correct me if im wrong but thats 4 out of the Turkish starting XI that will/may miss the match against us.

Dellas has not recovered from a thigh injury and is already back in Italy with AS Roma.

Archived