Phantis Forums

2006 WCq: Albania - Greece

Ziaka

I did not see the game. I listened to it on the radio, but turned it off after we went down 2-0. I have calmed down now. I could not believe we lost this game, but I think that our NT thought that as European champs, they would win the game just by showing up. That's not how things work out. In the end Albania wanted the game more and they got it. The question is if we learned our lesson ahead of the next game tommorrow. This group is wide open, with us, Denmark, Ukraine and Turkey fighting for the top two spots. It's time to put the Albanian game behind and focus on the rest of the WC qualifying campaign.

GO GREECE!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now what kind of a stupid comment is that man!? :rolleyes:

2nd Mouse,

Don't sweat it bud, :-)

Like you have said before, there will be ignorant remarks from both sides.

He probably thought it was a complement and didn't mean it badly.

BlackEagle,

This group will prove the most difficult one, you will see.

Teams are doing away with the so-called spectacular soccer and focusing more on effective and smart soccer. Certain strategies can prove boring but resultative.

Danmark is a great team, but I am not convinced they will be strong enough to handle Turkey and Greece. And Ukraine plays a strong soccer, comparable to Russia. Albania is capable of pulling upsets and I know nothing about Khazakistan at all. I just can't predict anything about the group.

My guess (not exactly my wish, obviously I want Albania to advance) is that Greece and Turkey will be the top two in our group, but it is just a guess, can't say it's an educated one either.

Zig

Archived