Phantis Forums

2006 WCq: Albania - Greece

Ziaka

Hiya all,

While I'm sure it will be a hard fought match and a tough one to call, just to try and show I'm not talking out of my @r$€ when I predict a 2:1 win for my team, here's a bunch of interesting stats:

- Head to head record against Greece in Tirana: 2W 3D 0L (not too shabby, eh?)

- Last match vs Greece in Tirana: 2:0, 11-OCT-00

- Last competitive match defeat in Tirana: vs Finland 0:2, 01-SEP-01

- Last friendly match defeat in Tirana: vs Romania, spring 1949 (29 unbeaten)

A propos, the only team that managed to take off some of the gloss of your otherwise superb Euro 2004 victory, Russia, was soundly beaten by us in the last qualifiers, 3:1 (and we even managed to miss a penalty in the process... )

So no need to shake in your boots, but you underestimate us at your peril.

It's been a pleasure guys, I'm off for a pint & then 6.30am (BST) off to Tirana, should get there just in time for a half-decent "pre-match warm-up" at some local bar B) ! Cheerio...

TKZ

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is being discussed in so many threads...Even the final of Euro 2004 did not get up so hyped up in this forum!

I suppose it is important for Albania as they want to beat the newly-crowned European champions. Many of their players ply their trade in Greece and our anxious to show their teammates, on their Greek clubs, their true worth.

But it is also important for us as we need to continue our good run of results and show that we can behave as champions and not underestimate anyone in this opener of the WC 2006 campaign.

Guest RED_ARMY

I dont say that Albania has won something on soccer or are qualified for a big Tournament . We are a small Country but against the Greeks we give all just for win against THE BIG ENEMY . In Tirana we have never Loose against the Greek Team 2 victorys and 3 draws . We dont have loose since 2 years in Tirana and i am sure Greece Cant beat us . we have fanatic supporters and with the team spirit i hope we win but in football is all possible the ball is round .

FORZA ALBANIA

FORZA KUQEZI

RED&BLACK ARMY

www.tifozat.com

I dont say that Albania has won something on soccer or are qualified for a big Tournament . We are a small Country but against the Greeks we give all just for win against THE BIG ENEMY . In Tirana we have never Loose against the Greek Team 2 victorys and 3 draws . We dont have loose since 2 years in Tirana and i am sure Greece Cant beat us . we have fanatic supporters and with the team spirit i hope we win but in football is all possible the ball is round .

FORZA ALBANIA

FORZA KUQEZI

RED&BLACK ARMY

www.tifozat.com

dude go away if you think we are the 'big enemy' thats ridiculous take that elsewhere- and i dont think youll find work here at phantis....

lets not forget Spain never lost at home for how long.....????

a host had never been defeated on the premier day before in the Euro.....

as for with many many luck we win euro.....hmmm.... s%$#! whats better

Luck or skill.... lets decide....

greece WASNT that big an outsider you know....

i dont know after going after the first 2 games of qualifying we won all without conceding a goal.... not to mention the 15 game unbeaten streak....

with recently moving 3 greek clubs into the CL, PAO's successes and players going abroad who would have thought we would improve....

as for 'lection in football' - lection is not a word. Its ok cuz i know you guys dont have adequate money for proper education.

Guest RED_ARMY

YO DRAKOS LISTEN TO ME I AM SURE THAT ALBANIA WINS

YOU WILL SEE AND AFTER THIS GAME U WILL CHANGE UR MIND ABOUT ALBANIA AND ABOUT ALBANIAN FOOTBALL AND IF I SAY A LECTION THATS TRUE I MEAN WE ARE SO STRONG AT HOME WE CAN KICK THE GREEKS OUT FROM QEMAL STAFA . 3000 GREEKS ARE ALSO IN TIRANA I HOPE FOR A GOOD GAME SINCE YESTERDAY ALBANIA AND SPECIALY TIRANA IS UNDER FIRE WITH FANS COMING AROUND THE WORLD FROM ENGLAND GERMANY ITALY AND GREECE THIS IS A SPECIAL GAME FOR US BECOUSE GREECE COME TO US AS EURO CHAMPIONS AND WE KNOW WE CAN BEAT THE CHAMPIONS . AND IF U SAY GREEK AND ALBANIANS DONT ARE ENEMYS SO U LYING MY FRIEND . GREEKS HATE ALBANIANS AND ALBANIANS HATE GREEKS THAT IS IT WE DONT ARE A GREAT SOCCER NATION WE ARE JUST "ALBANIA" MAYBE WE LOSE AGAINST MALTA OR LUXEMBURG BUT NOT AGAINST GREECE BECOUSE EVERYPLAYER IS ON FIRE TOP MOTIVATED AND READY TO DIE ON PITCH GREEK TEAM IS VERY STRONG THE ALBANIAN PLAYERS TOLD THEY HAVE RESPECT FOR GREEK TEAM . WE LIKE TO PLAY LIKE GREECE ON PORTUGAL GREAT DEFENDING AND WITH COUNTER WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPEND WITH GODS HELP WE WINS

www.tifozatkuqezi.com RED&BLACK ULTRAZ

ps: If u see the game on tv look the atmosphere if comes the greece anthem LOOOOOL

daleeeeeeeeeee kampjonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dale kampjonnnnnnnnnnn

forza ALBANIA

ec aty shqiperia

We are a small Country but against the Greeks we give all  just for win against THE BIG ENEMY .

Greece is your BIG ENEMY?

DO you know how much money Greece has loaned to Albania to? Do you how many of your countrymen have been working in our country?

From what I know, if a country deems the other to be a BIG ENEMY, it severs all ties to it and not take advantages of all the GOOD things it offers and then at a distance curses it.

As for Pyrros Dimas, you know he's Greek, his parents speak Greek so you have no justification calling him a traitor only because was born in Albania.

Edited for content. -- Admin

Guys,

Grow up!!!!! All of you!!!1

You really enjoy this s%$#!? It's just a soccer game between two neighbouring coutries. You know, there is never this much fuss if Sweden plays Norway or Finland. I guess we all have to show we are ignorant Balkans.

Man....hopefully, 100 years from now, we will respect each other and think of each other differently.

I am from Tirana, live in USA and some of my best friends are Greeks.

They never even think of trashing Albania and I dont even dream of trashing Greece.

I guess our Balkan mentality only changes if we leave the Balkans.

Can't we just get along? Where is the love ? :-)

Reports from Tirana have albanian 'fans' attacking busses carrying the Greek fans in them with foreign objects and such, you know the usual. Also fans from both sides got into altercations outside the stadium, funny enough only albanians were arrested.

Cant say im suprised......... :rolleyes:

AND IF U SAY GREEK AND ALBANIANS DONT ARE ENEMYS SO U LYING MY FRIEND . GREEKS HATE ALBANIANS AND ALBANIANS HATE GREEKS THAT IS IT

you are disgusting.

you and this way of thought are a cause of why mankind is slow to progress.

This is total bullshit.

All albanians hate greeks and vice versa is total bullshit. You have probably never known a greek person yourself.

Also i said nothing bad about your football. i said LECTION IS NOT AN ENGLISH WORD. ITS "LESSON".

oh and booing the anthem... no respect for your opponents... very shameful. thats not something to be proud of at all. This just starts conflict and will get your idiot organization banned and fined, and probably also many albanians will be hurt in Karaiskaki.

Archived