Phantis Forums

2006 WCq: Albania - Greece

Ziaka

On Saturday, September 4, 2004 the Greek NT plays its first 2006 WC qualifying game against Albania at the Qemal Stafa Stadium in Tirana.

As European champions a win is the only result that is acceptable to Greek fans. Any other result will be dissapointing.

I predict a 2-0 win for our guys.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ziaka,

Great point! Now I know what a lot of people will be saying...

"But we're the EURO champs"

"We beat all those teams"

"We have King Oto"

Ladies and Gentlemen we have to bring ourselves back to earth and play the soccer that we know in order to get this great result. Do I think that we'rre going to beat them?....... HECK YEAH I DO! But we can't be the Greeks of the past and let thigns get in our heads and play the soccer that we know and come out as WC Champs in 2006

ELLAS OLE!

It seems just like yesterday we beat Portugal and were crowned the EUROPEAN CHAMPS . Do we have to start qualifiers so soon damn't ? heh.

Otto knows teams will play even harder against us now, we have that champ tag ya know. This is a DANGEROUS game fellas, but i do think we will hold them scoreless.

0-0 , chances squandered. Or a nice 1-3 cleaning up in the 1st half.

By all means i don't think Greece should underestimate Albania.

A few reasons is for starters this is a chance to go to the world cup and redeem ourselves from that 1994 showing and to prove to everybody that we not a fluke nation. That were here to stay and remain a power.

Another reason i don't think Greece will play well is that the last time Greece played against Albanian in Tiran we lost and u know they want pay back.

Also Albanians manager is German and u know King Otto will make sure the team is ready to play.

Plus Greece played chezh a few weeks ago in Prague they played well especially defensively but didn't create much opportunities.

That maybe the only knock on this team on there creativity to score but listen u cant have everything and i would rather have a possession type and defensive approach b/c it got us a Euro Cup

Greece on September 4th go out there and make us proud and countine your great play

Good Luck

HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be a tough game , if we play concentrated , we can win.....

The friendly against Czech Republic makes me think positive...

I also believe..that a lot of Greeks will travel to Tirana..to support our team.

It's not an easy game though, it's a key game...... because not everybody will win in Tirana...

I hope we beat them, and I also hope that they wont behave like the last time we went there.... ;)

If they do I will be the first one expecting them at Karaiskaki!!!! :ph34r: :box:

P.S. Can't believe these people's attitudes. They come here, we feed them, and when we go there they treat as us enemies.... It is all our fault!!!!! :tdown:

Guest RED_ARMY

HAHAHAHAHA EURO CHAMPS ???

EH RE DONT TELL ME HOW STRONG IS GREECE

THEY WON THE TITTLE JUST WITH MANY MANY LUCK BUT SATURDAY THE LUCK WILL LEAVE FOREVER BECOUSE WE ARE READY TO KICK THE GREECE OUT FROM QEMAL STAFA STADIUM

PS 2000 GREEK SUPPORTERS COME TO STADIUM + KARAMANLLIS

ITS TIME TO GIVE ALL OF YOU A LECTION IN FOOTBALL HAHAHAHAHAHA

FORZA ALBANIA

RED ARMY

Albania - Greece 2-1

Don't forget people, the ball is round. Can't assume a win just because you won a championship. It's a different game, different turf.

Forza ALBANIA!!!

But again, may the best one win. If Greece deserves to win and plays better, hats off. You guys won a well deserved championship and I cheered for Greece.

But in Tirana it's a different turf...

ITS TIME TO GIVE ALL OF YOU A LECTION IN FOOTBALL HAHAHAHAHAHA

And may I ask what makes you experts in football and what do you know that we don't? :unsure:

Have you ever experience a participation in a World Cup or a EURO? When was the last time that an Albanian team was playing in an international competition pass September?

I really hope that you guys once will get "MANY MANY LUCK" as you say and will qualify for a big tournament. But I don't see that happening soon.

Archived