Phantis Forums

Friendly: PAOK - Lyon 0-1

Ziaka

PAOK played a good match. During 15', at the end of the first period, PAOK dominated Lyon. 4/5 corners. But in the second period, PAOK did nothing interesting , except for the missed chance at the last minute.

Je continue en francais, Irlandos ou The2ndMouse traduiras j'espere :whistle:

Yes I do.... ;) - The Mouse...

In general PAOK suffered a bit faced with the Lyonais. They made many substitutions including their GK twice! The pressing by Lyon in the second hald also brought a goal which was canceled du to handball by Luyindula (I think).

I dont know if you guys played with the jersey from last year or the new one. It was with 2 large white and three large black stripes. In the middle of a black box on the chest the red sign of the sponsor but I cannot recall the name.

In general I found it a good preparqation match but surelly PAOK must now work on stamina

xavier, thanks for the info, even though most of the stuff you write is "Greek to me" :D .

According to a report on radio this morning from a reporter travelling with PAOK, the best PAOK player on the pitch was the defensman Paris Andralas.

I agree. I don't like Tochoroglou that much, but considering our other option is Atmatsidis he is fine. The other two Lambakis and Fernandez are question mark. Lambakis used to play for Aris, but I was not impressed. Fernandez is a tall youngster, but he needs some development before he becomes a starter. So like you said, Tochoroglou willbe our no. 1 goalie.

hey sorry to ask a random question, but you dont have a history thread for PAOK...

can i have an explanation on the term PAOK kai ksero psomi???

drakos13

Here is the explanation of the phrase "PAOKARA kai ksero psomi" as I understand it.

The pharse comes from the song "Mangia Mou Pou Ime PAOKtzis", which is the anthem of all the PAOKtzides. The song was performed originally by the great rembetiko singer Apostolos Nikolaidis.

the phrase in the song goes like this:

"PAOKara omadara kai ksero psomi

Ine mangas opios ine PAOKara diladi"

What the phrase means to the many PAOK fans is that they will follow their team anywhere, even if it means that they have to survive on "ksero psomi", meaning that they will give everything for their team.

Hope this helps.

Archived