Phantis Forums

Everton Approach Bremen For Charisteas

HOLLYWOOD

Everton boss David Moyes is convinced European championship winner Angelos Charisteas can do a job in the Premiership

and has approached Werder Bremen about the availability of the 24-year-old Greek international striker, with the future of Wayne Rooney and Tomasz Radzinski clouded.

Charisteas was an impressive figure as Greece swept all before them at Euro 2004, but sat on the bench at Bremen for much of last season and may fancy a move away.

THIS WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT MOVE!!! HE WOULD BE THE NUMBER ONE STRIKER THERE AND WE CAN SEE HOW A GREEK STRIKER CAN DO IN ENGLAND :box: very good move if u ask me :tup:

The important thing is that Charisteas gets some playing time, wherever he may be.

Btw, I think that Rooney will be staying with the Toffees and Angelos will not be heading in that direction. ;)

I agree that Rooney will remain at Everton but I still think Angelos can make the move if Radzinski is out.

he will go where Rehagel tells him to go....

also hes a lot better than Radzinski and Rooney (ovverrated)

Perhaps Charisteas is slightly better than Radzinski, but I do believe they could provide Everton with a great pairing up front (and I'm not just saying that because I'm Greek-Canadian. ;) ).

But I don't think Werder Bremen is done with Charisteas just yet and Radzinski has definitely become tired with Everton's on-again, off-again commitment to him...

he will go where Rehagel tells him to go....

Exactly, and King Otto pointed towards Werder. Listen fellas, unless they get some cash they arn't about to let go Aggele, it would be stupid to let him part right now, then again you never know......I also think it would be wise for Aggele to stay in Germany as well (let's also not forget W Bremen got the GERMAN DOUBLE last season!) not to say that English footy doesnt match him well either.

As for Rooney being overrated, what can I say? Considering the fact he is merly 18, and is already playing at the level he is, does it really matter?

Archived