Phantis Forums

Rehaklis! is GREEEEK

trifilli

its official:

It's Greece for Rehhagel

AP

Greece coach Otto Rehhagel has turned down the offer to become coach of Germany and will respect his contract with Euro 2004 champion Greece, the German soccer federation said.

Rehhagel became the third coach to refuse the job, which became vacant when Rudi Voller stepped down following Germany's elimination after the group stage of Euro 2004.

In a telephone call to Franz Beckenbauer, Rehhagel said he wanted to keep his word to the Greek federation and stay there for another two years, according to federation spokesman Harald Stenger.

Beckenbauer, the former great who is at the head of a four-man federation commission in charge of finding a new coach, confirmed on German television that the call came Saturday afternoon.

"Unfortunately, he will not take the job, he wants to continue his work in Greece where he has built something," said Beckenbauer, who was Rehhagel's chief backer for the job. Rehhagel's contract with Greece is valid until 2006.

Rehhagel's decision plunges the three-time World Cup and European champion deeper into crisis two years before Germany stages the 2006 World Cup.

It's not only related to money.....

Beckenbauer and Rehhagel don't like each other.......and this is known since Rehhagel was working for Bayern München in the 90ies...... as he was sacked shortly before the UEFA Cup Final ......(which Beckenbauer was always calling the "competition of the losers"...because the teams failed in the local championship)....... against Bordeaux. At that time Zinadine Zidane was playing with the Girondins de Bordeaux..like another known striker of the WC98 team, which I have forgotten his name.

When they sacked him...they were laughing about him....and reporting officially that he does not know a clue about football and training methods....... The fact was that Bayern München was not doing well that year (first and last year for Otto in Bayern)

Rehhagel never forget the above treatment....

During the EC 2004....and a couple of days before the Greece - France game.... Otto was invited to the German TV "ZDF", where Franz. B. was engaged as a critic for that TV Channel.

Speaking about the chances of Greece agianst France..... Beckenbauer consulted him and advised him how to play agianst the French in front of milions spectators.......and told him to manmark Zinadine Zidane.......

You could see by his mimic that Otto did not like to be taught by Franz B. ....and he said very sarcastically at the end of Franz's indoctrination......."Thank you Franz for your instructions".....with an ironical ton.

Otto was not Beckenbauer's first choice but Hitzfeld and it was known behind the scenes that Beckenbauer does not want Rehhagel as the "Bundestrainer".......

But during the EC.....the German People were supporting very fanatically the Greek NT....because of Otto. In the week-end of 3-4 July.....BILD (the biggest tabloid paper).........published a crash course to the Germans......... "How to became a Greek"....for the final ..... off course with lot of humor.

A lot of Germans were calling me from Germany.....especially after the elimination of Germany....and they all were telling me .....that they were supporting Greece.

Under these circumstances .....Franz Beckenbauer avoided to take an official anti-Otto position in front of the German public........ but behind the scenes....he was in contact with Arsenal's A. Wenger.....

O. Rehhagel had only with those teams success, with whom he could decide everything by his own.

On the other hand Beckenbauer in my eyes is the new "Führer" of the Germans......and the strong man of DFB...... it was clear that Otto would not act as he wants...... but had to accept the instruction F. Beckenbauer.....

That's why his decision is explicable.....

PS. Mayer-Vorfelder , the President of the DFB has nothing to say.....it's Beckenbauer who decides.....

Beckenbauer and Rehhagel don't like each other.......and this is known since Rehhagel was working for Bayern München in the 90ies...... as he was sacked shortly before the UEFA Cup Final ......(which Beckenbauer was always calling the "competition of the losers"...because the teams failed in the local championship)....... against Bordeaux. At that time Zinadine Zidane was playing with the Girondins de Bordeaux..like another known striker of the WC98 team, which I have forgotten his name.

In this instance Rehagel was not the coach but Giovanni Trappatoni.

I have been aware of the dislike between the two men...

However for the $$$ offered and at the end of their careers, many would have taken the $$$ and ran... :D

Otto has already won EVERYTHING, including the unthinkable...

He has nothing to prove and could have gone home to finish his career with a BIG bonus...

He would have nobody blaming him, and a good excuse if Germany did not preform as expected, would be Franz's "interference"!!!

I still admire this "ethos"

PEACE

When they sacked him...they were laughing about him....and reporting officially that he does not know a clue about football and training methods....... The fact was that Bayern München was not doing well that year (first and last year for Otto in Bayern)

Rehhagel never forget the above treatment....

During the EC 2004....and a couple of days before the Greece - France game.... Otto was invited to the German TV "ZDF", where Franz. B. was engaged as a critic for that TV Channel.

Speaking about the chances of Greece agianst France..... Beckenbauer consulted him and advised him how to play agianst the French in front of milions spectators.......and told him to manmark Zinadine Zidane.......

You could see by his mimic that Otto did not like to be taught by Franz B. ....and he said very sarcastically at the end of Franz's indoctrination......."Thank you Franz for your instructions".....with an ironical ton.

Otto was not Beckenbauer's first choice but Hitzfeld and it was known behind the scenes that Beckenbauer does not want Rehhagel as the "Bundestrainer".......

But during the EC.....the German People were supporting very fanatically the Greek NT....because of Otto. In the week-end of 3-4 July.....BILD (the biggest tabloid paper).........published a crash course to the Germans......... "How to became a Greek"....for the final ..... off course with lot of humor.

A lot of Germans were calling me from Germany.....especially after the elimination of Germany....and they all were telling me .....that they were supporting Greece.

Under these circumstances .....Franz Beckenbauer avoided to take an official anti-Otto position in front of the German public........ but behind the scenes....he was in contact with Arsenal's A. Wenger.....

O. Rehhagel had only with those teams success, with whom he could decide everything by his own.

On the other hand Beckenbauer in my eyes is the new "Führer" of the Germans......and the strong man of DFB...... it was clear that Otto would not act as he wants...... but had to accept the instruction F. Beckenbauer.....

That's why his decision is explicable.....

PS. Mayer-Vorfelder , the President of the DFB has nothing to say.....it's Beckenbauer who decides.....

Nightsufer

It's well known fact that Rehaggel and Beckenbauer don't get along. Everybody knows that Bayern Munich Run soccer in Germany and Becaknbauer has the final say that's why I'm not supprised Rehaggel didn't take the German job. The other thing if he took the job he would have been under huge pressure to perfrom. German Football is in big crisis. Nobody wants to take the job.

The other player for Bordauex who played in that final against Bayern Muchen and also played in WC 98 was Christophe Duggary.

EINAI TRELOS O GERMANOS.

Yes, exactly it was Duggary..... and it's also true that they are afraid to take Germany over..... Becuase the only result that counts in their own country is the 1st Place.....everything else would be a failure for them. Before during the "Street Football" generation they had very good soccer players..... But nowadays they have average players.

Evergreen, check the below..... and if you still don't trust me...then check the net.

Die Spiele des UEFA-Cups 1995/1996 - Endrunde - Finale

Mi 01.05. Bayern München - Girondins Bordeaux 2:0

Mi 15.05. Girondins Bordeaux - Bayern München 1:3

Trainer................ Land........geboren...........bis = till.....ab=from

Otto Rehhagel......... D 09.08.1938 bis 28.04.96

Franz Beckenbauer...D 11.09.1945 ab 29.04.96

Klaus Augenthaler.....D 26.09.1957 ab 13.05.96

So as you see above, Beckenbauer kicked Rehhagel out 3 days before the final........then Beckenbauer took FC Bayern himself as a coach for 3 games....., which he lost 2 of them......

PS... Evergreen, everybodies cognitive faculty...is very much influenced of his beliefs, experiences, likes and dislikes..... So what we see is not always the reality...but the interpratation of our wishes and prejudices......

There are many examples in football forums

PSII ... The Greek Football Association granted Rehhagel a generous salary increase....till last weekend, he was earning 600.000 Euros per Year.

I remember those two games. From memory I think Emil Kostantinov scored in both games for Bayern.

Bayern went through the Uefa Cup in that season with a 100% away win record including a 2-1 away win in the Semi's against Barcelona which was Rehaggel's last match as manager of Bayern.

After that Bayern appointed the coach of the century in Giovvani Trappatoni.

Yes, exactly it was Duggary..... and it's also true that they are afraid to take Germany over..... Becuase the only result that counts in their own country is the 1st Place.....everything else would be a failure for them. Before during the "Street Football" generation they had very good soccer players..... But nowadays they have average players.

Evergreen, check the below..... and if you still don't trust me...then check the net.

Die Spiele des UEFA-Cups 1995/1996 - Endrunde - Finale

Mi 01.05. Bayern München - Girondins Bordeaux 2:0

Mi 15.05. Girondins Bordeaux - Bayern München 1:3

Trainer................ Land........geboren...........bis = till.....ab=from

Otto Rehhagel......... D 09.08.1938 bis 28.04.96

Franz Beckenbauer...D 11.09.1945 ab 29.04.96

Klaus Augenthaler.....D 26.09.1957 ab 13.05.96

So as you see above, Beckenbauer kicked Rehhagel out 3 days before the final........then Beckenbauer took FC Bayern himself as a coach for 3 games....., which he lost 2 of them......

PS... Evergreen, everybodies cognitive faculty...is very much influenced of his beliefs, experiences, likes and dislikes..... So what we see is not always the reality...but the interpratation of our wishes and prejudices......

There are many examples in football forums

PSII ... The Greek Football Association granted Rehhagel a generous salary increase....till last weekend, he was earning 600.000 Euros per Year.

Damn, How could I be so wrong! :unsure:

Archived