Phantis Forums

Positive article about Greece & Euro 2004

Nikolaos

Hey all, not all articles about Greece are negative, this one is a good one. Check it out!!! :tup:

http://euro2004.skysports.com/list.asp?hli...id=212434&clid=

I paticularly liked this insight by the writer:

"What I knew, having watched them train the day before, was that the Greeks were not just happy to be in the final. They knew this was a wonderful opportunity for them. Their inner strength had got them through some difficult matches and they believed they could go all the way."

Guest Protathlitis

"For people who have questioned the way Otto Rehhagel's team play, I want to make an important distinction: Greece are not a defensive team, they are a team that defend very well. There is a definite difference. They use their solid defence as a platform and in the final they showed they can be flexible, by playing slightly differently - without the man-to-man marking that had seen them through against France and the Czech Republic." - Martin Tyler

very true , if portugal had scored agianst us i get the feeling we would have gone out and got the goal we needed anyway, i dont want to sound arrogant but if a team is good enough to break us down then i believe we have the players and flexibility to respond.

Archived