Phantis Forums

Kara, Dellas, Fysas playing together again?

HOLLYWOOD

New Benfica boss Giovanni Trapattoni is chasing Roma defender Traianos Dellas and Inter midfielder Giorgos Karagounis.

Trapattoni believes that with the arrival of Roberto Mancini at Inter, Karagounis will not have a place in Inter’s team and that the Greek ace is the ideal player for his new side. As for Dellas, Trap can see him fitting in well at the back.

It is believed that both Greek internationals would be keen on playing alongside fellow countryman Takis Fyssas at Benfica.

Dellas had an outstanding Euro 2004 and will likely attract interest from other clubs, while Karagounis has been linked with Fiorentina.

What u guys think?? i dnt mind that.....

Guest Protathlitis

all three players deserve better than a portuguese club, id like to see them in Italy or back with pao improving the Greek league( a league which is definatley than the portuguese league.

id like to see as many Greeks playing in italy as possible - the best league in the world - instead of eating terrible food and enjoying the S#@$ weather of England

Hollywood, I think it would be great!! Hell, if you have chemistry together on the National team, why shouldn't that tranfer over to a club team... Then the greek defense and Karagounis can crush any other team that comes in its way... :box: :not:

How's is Benfica anyway? Any good?

I really dont see Benfica actually signing both players. Karagounis seems to be the leading cannidate between the two, and Dellas has pretty much agreed to 'playing out' his contract with roma, whatever his new role be. One thing is for sure, Benfica will have to reach pretty deep in their pocket

Any news on Katousranis ? Initially i heard 'tales' of Real Madrid and other likley bs. :unsure:

Hopefully a benefit of winning Euro 2004 will be that Greek players will not be content spending most of their time on the bench at big European clubs. If they are not starting regularly, I'm sure there will be no shortage of clubs willing to sign them.

• 3 weeks later...

Also according to BOLA’s report, it is rumoured that Chelsea’s new boss, Jose Mourinho, wants the Euro 2004 star although, Ricardo Carvalho will be a Chelsea player for the next 5 seasons after the London club agreed to a transfer fee of 25 million euros with Porto for the Portuguese international.

Dellas was a rock in the centre of the Greek defence and scored the winning goal in their semi-final with the Czech Republic and as a result he has attracted many bids.

Two weeks ago his agent Stefano Antonelli said: "We have had many offers including Tottenham, Everton and Porto."

Archived