Hellas - France: Quaterfinals

slick13

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Image

From Sydney Morning Herald:

Greece is the word as underdogs storm on

Greek-Australian soccer fans erupted with joy yesterday as Greece continued their fairytale run at Euro 2004, defeating raging favourites France.

Thousands of avid Greek soccer fans flocked to one of Sydney's Greek strongholds, Brighton-le-Sands, in the early hours to watch the match, and exploded with the dawn when the underdogs clung on to secure a 1-0 victory.

Thanks Len, that was great!!!!!!! :D

Yeah man, It was really good to see the Greek heartbeat beat in Adelaide, but it's great to see it all over.

I really envy the 10-12 year olds that are living this experience and can go to school everyday proud of their country's achievements.

Unfortunatley in my time in Sydney I lived through the stone age of Greek football.

Yeah man, It was really good to see the Greek heartbeat beat in Adelaide, but it's great to see it all over.

I really envy the 10-12 year olds that are living this experience and can go to school everyday proud of their country's achievements.

Unfortunatley in my time in Sydney I lived through the stone age of Greek football.

what about me re, I was 18 in 1994, you know how much s%$#! I copped for USA94?

Now I give it all back! :D :D :D :D :D

In Canada all the Greeks went nuts

In Toronto they closed danforth st (greektown) for a big celebration

samewith Ottawa ,Montreal, Vancouver, Halifax

There were Greek fans and flags everywhere.

In the USA I saw on Tv as many Greeks in Boston,New York City , Detroit and LA were going crazy

It goes to show all that you can take the Greek out of his country

BUT you can't take the country out of the Greek

Good luck to us on Friday!!!!!!

GO Greece Go :lol:

In Canada all the Greeks went nuts

In Toronto they closed danforth st (greektown) for a big celebration

I was there, boy was it ever packed!!!! I arrived there about 20 minutes after they won the game, and there was already hundreds there!!!!!!!! BRAVO HELLAS, LET'S CELEBRATE AGAIN ON THURSDAY WHEN WE BEAT THE CZECHS!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup:

Archived