Phantis Forums

Hellas - France: Quaterfinals

slick13

France are not that stupid either. They will do there homework, if that means watching the Russia game. But once they watch that video they will ask themselves how did they make it to the 8 with that performance. And they will pobviously know like the rest of Europe does what we did against Spain and Portugal.

i'm glad karagouni is back for friday, our midfield should stabilize a bit, karagouni can hold the ball...this is what france didn't see when they watched the greece x russia video.

I agree. Not only that he is one of the few players at the moment in this team that can provide a solid link between midfield and attack. Which is why we play the 40 yard pass from defence to attack. The only other play that can do this and perhaps better than Karagounis is Tsartas. At the start of the week I thought Tsartas should not start but come on at half time or there abouts to have an impact, but as the game gets closer and as news that Giannakopoulos looks set to miss the game I think Tsartas should start the game and play a full game. Even if he is quiet he still can step up for a set piece or provide a pass like he did against Spain out of nowhere. He and Karagounis are the only players capable of that.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

This would be my starting eleven even though i have full confidence in rehaggel's decisions.

Seitaridis (solid defensivley and attacking wise)

kapsis(possibly dabizas instead)

Dellas(wonderful except against Russia)

Fyssas(almost as solid as Giourkas) Any other back four and we have problems

Giannakopoulos(he chases every ball can pass dribble hold it up even shoot. Hopfully he will be fit. key to our success)

Zagorakis(hes been superb so far - wins every tackle never wastes the ball, what a captain)

karagounis(really adds creativity and always chases every ball - vital)

Basinas(not as good as his team mates in midfield but gives us a more solid look)

demi( hasnt looked at his best and gives up the ball to easily. but you never know what he can do)

Charisteas( should play in front of demi. he is a solid front man and wiouth Vryzas i cant see an alternative, certainly not papa: not yet)

subs

Tsartas(Adds good service and attacking flare but gives up the ball and dosent chase enough a good weapon if were a goal behind)

Katsourani( Is suspended and frankly a cant see a spot for him he has made plenty of mistakes and cant seem to gel - basinas is a better alternative)

Guest Protathlitis

sorry forgot to metnion antonis, what would we do without him, his replacment is miles behind him.

i dont like lakis in the starting XI

Lakis is SOLID, and the french wont be expecting much from a Greek sub.

As far as who you start up front, it's a toss up. Clearly Demis is much more experienced but he just doesnt seem his old good self, that will get into the attacking field and force himself in there, although he did time himself perfectly for the one on one through ball he got against Russia, although it was a crap ball he did the ebst he could do with it.

I say start Demis though, it's his alst tourney, let him PROVE himself.

Fyssas over Venetidis is a GIVEN, lets not even discuss that.

ELLAS GERA !

+=

this is getting ridiculous. vryzas scores one goal from a scramble/unstructured build up and he is a star???? never gets in position and when the bal FALLS to him he does nothing. no one in melb rates him, everyone at the screen goes spastic when they see him. given the chance UP FRONT for 3 games, someone honestly tell me demi couldnt perform better? dont rate him on left mid sub performances.

as for right mid give lakis a start he scored plenty as a midfielder this season.

Go GREECE!!!! 17 hours till game time!!!!

Hellas, give France all you got!!!! :D

i dont blame zikos not being in the squad...he may be a pretty good player, but his attitude was what made us a sh*t team....rehhagel got rid of most of the pre-madonnas (georgatos and zikos) and quite frankly i woulsnt dare to critise his actions yet....

HAHAHAAHHAHA Where the hell do you come up with this stuff? How are you putting Akis ZIkos and Georgatos in the same sentence?

HAHAHAHA Zikos' attitude......

Im about to fall over here. That is why Im out.......

On Belgian tele they said yesterday Papadopoulos, Charisteas AND Nikolaidis

were expected in the starting eleven, this would mean Pap as a winger and no Karagounis :angry:

is this correct? what do Greek media say?

Karagounis WILL return as far as I know and Demis will probably start.

Yesterday, while watching the Portugal - England game, I could tell the English were noticeably less energetic than the Portuguese. (of course, the English had one day's less rest than their opponents).

Will fatigue also play a role in tonight's game? :huh:

from www.euro2004.com:

Greece (possible): Nikopolidis; Seitaridis, Kapsis, Dellas, Fyssas/Venetidis; Katsouranis; Karagounis/Lakis, Zagorakis, Tsiartas; Charisteas, Nikolaidis/Papadopoulos.

France (probable): Barthez; Gallas, Thuram, Silvestre, Lizarazu; Makalele, Dacourt/Vieira, Pires; Zidane; Henry, Trezeguet.

I'd be plain silly to start without Karagounis.m He was sorely missed against the Russians. He has ways of killing the tempo of the game like no other in our team.

I'll address the players the same way Venizelos addressed out tropp before the Balkan wars in 1907.

"The least you can do for your country is not die, but WIN"

Alpha news said Karagouni is going to play and most probably Demis in the starting lineup, although Rehagel is keeping his cards closed until right before the game.

Good luck to our boys tonight. Oti kai na ginei xilia bravo tous aksizoun.

Here's hoping to a new topic of Greece - Czech Rep opens up tomorrow.

Greece (possible): Nikopolidis; Seitaridis, Kapsis, Dellas, Fyssas/Venetidis; Katsouranis; Karagounis/Lakis, Zagorakis, Tsiartas; Charisteas, Nikolaidis/Papadopoulos.

I don't like Tsiarta in the starting line-up. And I agree with Papou, without Karagkouni in the team we will get creamed...

For a lone striker I'ld like Papadopoulo more than Nikolaidi, if we assume that Charisteas is going to play as a winger.

ANTE RE ELLADARAAA

TRELANE TOUS PALI OLOYS :nw: :nw:

Tsiartas??? :huh: :huh: :huh: Poy to akoysate ayto re lykonia pali?

Ok look... Do not listen to these foreign crapy stations out there... They do not know much about the Greek team....

The team most likely will be the following:

Rehaggel will place the team with a 4-5-1 formation....

1. Nikopolidis

2. Seitaridis

3. Fyssas

4. Kapsis

5. Dellas

6. Katsoyranis

7. Zagorakis

8. Basinas

9. Charisteas

10. Karagounis

11. Lakis

I keep my fingers crossed that this will be the line-up... It is the most appropriate thing to do....(although I prefere Pap instead of the Hazogolis Lakis!!!)

Archived