Phantis Forums

Hellas - France: Quaterfinals

slick13

I want more than anything else to beat the Frenchies, but this will be very difficult. I hope that the Greek NT comes out and plays just like they did in the opener against the Portugal. If they do that, and with a little luck, anything is possible.

I would like to see Otto put Zagorakis on Zidane, and let Theo stick to him like a cheap suit. Stick with Papadopoulos instead of Vryzas, and throw in Fyssas instead of Venetidis. Tsiartas should only come in later in the game if needed for possible free-kick opportunities (to tie the game) and possible penalty shoot-out.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is always a possibility, and when there is possibility theres always a chance.

With Karagounis and GIannakopoulos coming back on, and Demis getting the nod from the start (i wouldnt mind Pap either) we are back in the thick of things. Forget the dirty slavs for a moment, and let's think positive and move the hell on.

I have NO DOUBT King Otto will reset the club, and organize a game plan to attack the French where they hurt the most. As long as the ETHNIKI show up to play, get ready for a helluva match.

ELLAS GERA.

No one has still not answered my question why didn't Fysas play in our last game does he have an injury !

Also i take your point about papadopoulos poa123 but he is clearly inexperince and that high level of soccer being played out there is no substitute for experience start with demis first off and if he cant stand the pressure and keeps on falling over all the time then he should be substituted with papa

Furthermore i wouldn't mind seing tsartas starting aswell he does posses a killer right foot his free kicks are amazing

Furthermore was King Otto experementing with russia, i just get that feeling that he is trying throw a Trojan horse by leaving out 3 good players Giannocopoulos, Fyssas, and obviously the suspended Karagounis, so the french or maybe the english think we are a weak side, but there is no dought that the inclusion of thease 3 excellent players will drastically change the we played against russia.

ZHTO 1821 March 25th Death before Freedom

HELLAS

]

If he starts Pap, he is arrogant, he knows it was a bad choice v Russia. This time he has no excuse not to start Demi and if he PUTS HIM IN POSITION UP FRONT and he fails, then we can be shut up. start him up front. Vryza has been nothing short of crap so good riddance and pap had no idea....hes got too little experience.

france meanwhile are not turning on the heat and w may bite them on the arse when they least expect it and sneak away. i dont think its unfair to say they are lucky to be group winners. i think zags on zizou isnt a bad option and intro of tsiarta could prove decisive.

Anyone know any possible starting line ups for Greece vs france game

Who will be the starting 11 !

If he starts Pap, he is arrogant, he knows it was a bad choice v Russia. This time he has no excuse not to start Demi and if he PUTS HIM IN POSITION UP FRONT and he fails, then we can be shut up. start him up front. Vryza has been nothing short of crap so good riddance and pap had no idea....hes got too little experience.

france meanwhile are not turning on the heat and w may bite them on the arse when they least expect it and sneak away. i dont think its unfair to say they are lucky to be group winners. i think zags on zizou isnt a bad option and intro of tsiarta could prove decisive.

If he is arrogant you are DUMB!!

Vryza nothing short of crap.....stupid stupid stupid stupid, comments like that just irritate me so much, he played in both our great performances, and did well, held the ball up well, created chances, and muscled his way through when needed, he doesnt fall on his face like demi has done all those games.

What has demi done too warrant him a starting position over paps anyway.

Is it league form???

Is it match Fitness?

Is it setting up a goal, that made sure we went through??

If rehagel picks demi over paps, good choice!! if he picks paps over demi, then good choice again!!

But dont insult rehagel coaching, just because you have soft spot, for the fairy that is called demi!!

If he is arrogant you are DUMB!!

Vryza nothing short of crap.....stupid stupid stupid stupid, comments like that just irritate me so much, he played in both our great performances, and did well, held the ball up well, created chances, and muscled his way through when needed, he doesnt fall on his face like demi has done all those games.

What has demi done too warrant him a starting position over paps anyway.

Is it league form???

Is it match Fitness?

Is it setting up a goal, that made sure we went through??

If rehagel picks demi over paps, good choice!! if he picks paps over demi, then good choice again!!

But dont insult rehagel coaching, just because you have soft spot, for the fairy that is called demi!!

HAHAHAHAHA Is this post serious?

Get out man......you calling others dumb and then you serve this crap up to everyone. Geez talk about hypocrisy.

We are in the quarterfinals of a major tournament for the first time ever, facing - possibly - the greatest team on this planet and we can't even stop bickering!

Back to the subject matter at hand...

The way I see it, we managed to contain Luis Figo and shut down Pauleta.

Now we have Zinedine Zidane in Figo's place and Thierry Henry instead of Pauleta (not to even mention birthday man Vieira and Co.)

How do we manage to shut them down? :huh:

Demi cannot play a full game, he is too old now and his mind is with Aek and not national team. Venetidis should be given a one way ticket back to greece.

Combination of basinas and karagounis in the midfield will bring stability and fysass much start as left back. Tsartas I don't think is fit enough to start in the squad.

But no one has mention lakis so far. Maybe he can be the solution up front with haristeas with pap comming on as sub late in the game.

Whats the story with lakis.

Maybe the midfield should be

Lakis (katsouranis) Zagorakis, Karagounis, Basinas

????????

Vryza has been nothing short of crap so good riddance and pap had no idea....hes got too little experience.

I beg to differ with you on this. Vryzas is one of the best players for the NT in this tournament. He has played well in the games with Portugal and Spain, and scored the goal against Russia that sent us to the quarters.

As far as the choice between Pap and Nikolaidis, if I was Rehhagel, I would put in Papadopoulos only because Nikolaidis is not in form. In all the games so far at EURO Nikolaidis has not performed to the level that he is capable of performing.

Vryza has been nothing short of crap so good riddance and pap had no idea....hes got too little experience.

I beg to differ with you on this. Vryzas is one of the best players for the NT in this tournament. He has played well in the games with Portugal and Spain, and scored the goal against Russia that sent us to the quarters.

As far as the choice between Pap and Nikolaidis, if I was Rehhagel, I would put in Papadopoulos only because Nikolaidis is not in form. In all the games so far at EURO Nikolaidis has not performed to the level that he is capable of performing.

completely agreed..how could you say vryzas is crap when he was all over the pitch in every game...he scored a decisive goal with a beautiful finish....he even DEFENDED with the team near our 18....everyone was like "what the hell is vryzas doing there"...the guy has so much heart and if u say he is crap...look at the finish vs russia...thats pretty quality to me.....

If anybody is useless its Haristeas. He missed the easiest goal in the history of soccer with Russia.

Obviously, you are forgetting the goal against Spain... Players some times miss chances, and sometimes they score when you least expect it. That's the beauty of soccer!... I'm sure Rehhagel has a much better perspective than we do, as to who is on top form and who's not. The guy has brought us to this stage, shaping our nation's football history. And we, the fans, all of a sudden are not happy with just one win (the initial target of our national team), but are ready to eat Rehhagel alive, should he use some player that we don't agree with... Come on guys... We've had a great run so far. The coach is doing a great job, and all the players have been playing up to their abilities until now. But maybe this is our limit? At least for now... Or maybe, just maybe, we'll take just another giant step, climbing up the ranks of the European soccer pantheon... One thing is for sure.... I'll be glued to my TV set come Friday!..... :box:

Demi cannot play a full game, he is too old now and his mind is with Aek and not national team.

You (plural) are not fair to Demis .

I saw Demis in March against Switzerland. Around 100 days ago...and there he was European Class... he could do what he wanted with the Swiss.

Don't tell me anybody that he is too old suddenly and all the other untrue facts.....

The fact is he was injured and what he has shown so far it was insufficient... , I wouldn't have used him against Portugal... maybe also not against the Spaniards.

But this was not my choice but Otto's... and I accepting it.

But I observed his movements of all three games...and game by game he is coming back... .

I m sure that he will start against the French...and I think he would do allright till outstanding...

I trust him for the game aginst France...and should we pass (we won't play as bad as the first half against Russia..and the French are not a Super Power any more) in the semi-finals, you might see the Demis of March.....

And I agree with all others ..... Vryzas and Charisteas were fantastic....they scored, marked, kept the ball and fighted like lions...

You guys are obviously not from melbourne. Maybe we got a different TV screen, because there was a maybe 100 people who were agreeing that Vryzas has been poor this tournament. He has been running everywhere? Geez is it just me or am I the only one seeing Xaristeas in our box defending?

I saw how good Pap was against Russia......

A half-fit Demis is more dangerous that Pap and Vryzas....

You guys are obviously not from melbourne. Maybe we got a different TV screen, because there was a maybe 100 people who were agreeing that Vryzas has been poor this tournament. He has been running everywhere? Geez is it just me or am I the only one seeing Xaristeas in our box defending?

LOL

Im from Melbourne as well and I couldnt agree with Original Melbourne 21 more. I do not rate Vryzas at all and think he has had a poor tournament and in three games the only thats impressed me was his goal.

For what it is worth, my view is that Tsiartas has to get a lot of game time, particularly as Giannakopoulos is likely to miss the game. After his incredible cross-field pass to Charisteas in the Spanish game, one paper referred to him as the "Zindine of the Acropolis"! France will be vulnerable in defence. Tsiartas also almost scored from a free kick against Russia. Greece will need to attack France. Tsiartas could be the match-winner!

obviously rehhagel is making the right decisions...i cant believe anyone would give him criticism...he obviously doesnt play zikos stoltidis and kafes for a reason...the team he puts out has delivered....

i dont blame zikos not being in the squad...he may be a pretty good player, but his attitude was what made us a sh*t team....rehhagel got rid of most of the pre-madonnas (georgatos and zikos) and quite frankly i woulsnt dare to critise his actions yet....

Archived