Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Russia

HOLLYWOOD

2 - can demis really replace the suspended vrysas next match if hes not 100% fit?

I heard that this game might be the last one for Demis :huh: :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I made some conclusions after yesturdays match...

1. There is NO Greek team if Karagounis is out...

2. As soon as we had a Thrynos player in the squad everything turned to ****** :P (just kidding everyone sucked but Venetidis was the worst!!!)

3. Yesturdays match prooved that the starting line up has to be the same as the opening game. Any changes from there on make the team worse!!

4. Demis cannot play football anymore...

Apart from the above I actually think that with Karagounis the team will be much better. Lets not forget that we have 5 days to rest (the players were clearly very tired yesturday). As far as the MVP is concerned I would say Zagorakis again!!!

Ok I made some conclusions after yesturdays match...

1. There is NO Greek team if Karagounis is out...

2. Everyone sucked but Venetidis was the worst!!!)

3. Yesturdays match prooved that the starting line up has to be the same as the opening game. Any changes from there on make the team worse!!

4. Demis cannot play football anymore...

Agreed, without Karagounis alot is lost in the middle, same with Giannakopoulos, both can keep possesion,speedy on the build up and can mark. I mean we pretty much know the obvious, are bench isn't that thick. But with a Tsiartas or Lakis for instance, you have men that can play different roles accoring to the match at hand. Beyond a few we really dont have many players that can step up.

Now why Venetidis got the nod over Fyssas is beyond me, same goes for Basinas, they looked REAL bad.

As far as Demis is concerned it actually does indeed seem ones career is headed that way, sadly.

:(

PAOK G4 I dont know why you didnt like Papadopoulos. He was played out of position and in the replay of the game I saw he did not put a foot wrong and also set up Vryzas' goal with a header where he had to arch his back between two big Russians and win the header.

Dimi is an out and out striker and not left midfielder. He scored 20 goals for PAO playing upfront this year.

Dimi shold play with Charisteas in Vryzas' position without a shadow of a doubt.

I don't know what to say. Here is the most important game our NT played in its history, and they played like sh.. I was very dissapopinted in the effort by the players. I am not going to single out any players. All I will say is that the team as a whole played very badly. We should really be thankful to the soccer gods that Vryzas scored the goal, and that Russia did not score another one, and that Portugal did not score more goals.

Hope the players put this behind them, and concentrate on the next one. I am sure we will play much better. We play better when we are the underdogs. Bring on England or France. I don't want to face Croatia.

No one seemed to mention Seitaridis as one of our few bright spots along with Zagorakis and Delas. Itane pantaxou paron even though there were a few times when he tried one too many triples.

Venetidis should be sent back to Greece just so Rehagel isn't tempted to try that again. Whatever Fyssas shortcomings are they can't be as bad as Venetidis was yesterday.

Why do many of you keep saying "thank god that Portugal didnt score another goal?" I thought that the more Portugal scores the highest goal difference would be between us and Spain... I think we wanted Portugal to score another goal just to make sure that we go through... For example if the portuguese scored a 2nd goal we would have gone through with a 3-1 defeat over Russia.... Am I missing something here? :huh:

Seitaridis was indeed brilliant but I dont agree about Dellas. Dellas's injury could be seen as he was unable to jump or make any fast moves....

Basinas remembered his old good self when playing at PAO.... :tdown:

yes indeed pap was clearly out of posision and basinas had a bad day, also venetidis was defencive out of the game but made some better efforts in attacks.

All theese things will be focused on by our training team. its better that we played this bad game, so now all the teams will not be affraid of us inteed of winning 2or3-1 now we have nothing to loose.

We should all also think that what if we had scored after 1minute? every team in the world would have been shocked, thats football the players will now go out and give all they have in them in the next game.

and maybe we could score first :tup:

I also was very disappointed with Greece's performance yesterday. The most important game in the history of the national team, and they came out very, very flat. I wonder if it was because Greece were overconfident against Russia, or that they suffered from the same nerves as Portugal did when they faced Greece.

I was also slightly disappointed with the post-game comments provided by the players. They were much too exuberent for qualifying to the next round even though they had their butts kicked by the Russians. Only Tsiartas provided a voice of reason, suggesting that they were a bit lucky to qualify and better not play the same way on Friday.

Give the team a break will you? They made it to the next round as I told everyone they would! They tried something different and it didn't quite work. Less defensive (3 strikers starting) and different players. But I would definitely not say the whole team just played like s%$#! because that isn't true. The Russians were good and can cause an upset for any team! THEY were lucky Greece didn't score another (Haristeas right in front). Anyway I'm incredibly excited!

Seitaridis was brilliant - even though he is a right back he seemed to be everywhere in that game

Tsartas in my opinion should never start but always come on as a sub - his a great impact player especially when the score suggest we need someone like him

Ill quote my friend on the Venetidis issue: "He should go hang himself after a performance like that for the good of the National Team so he never plays again!"

lol

Wat a LAMOIO!

Dellas - hopefully 5 days rest does him the world of good because look out Dellas -Thierry is next

Karagounis and Giannakopoulos - Desperately need them both. Worth their weight in Gold

Pap - let him play upfront! Please!

Vryzas - about time he did something - even though he only did one thing for 90 minutes

Charisteas - a shadow of his former self - what the hell did he miss in the first half before we scored in the six yard box! lol aman! My grandma would have at least forced a save with that chance! Only kidding Im just been harsh because we all know he can do better

Demis - just let him warm the bench - his only good when Tsartas is on as he can win some fouls, SOME, not all bc everytime he touches the ball he goes to ground

Basinas - lol with a performance like that I dont care anymore if he leaves PAO or not - clean up your act Basinas play some soccer and stop whinging

Katsouranis - what was he thinking first goal - second half - was he even on the ground!?

How much better would the NT be if Olisadebe was Greek and not Polish!

Cmon guys, be fair to the NT, what they have acheived is something above this world.

We are competing against teams like France, Spain, Russia...

We are just a 10 million, how many are they, how many wars have they suffered, how much missery have they been going through compared to us???

We are a small country and have till reasently been very poor (European standards).

I think they are doing great, no matter who is playing and yes of course, I have my opinions as well, there are players that I would like to see on the bench that are not there but considering my managing skills I keep all that for my self.

Long live the German.

Lets go for the suprise...

Archived