Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Russia

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TERRIBLE game made by the ethniki. Basinas made terrible mistakes, Venetidis made the same ones, just generally they all were not on the same page today. The Russians were fighting for all the balls in the 1st half, and fought this game 100%.

Even when we were down 2-1 in the 2nd half (thank God for Vrzyas class strike berore the half) the Russians kept coming forward and KEPT threatening, at least for a good 15 minute run, till the 80'th or so when we started to move the ball forward and keep it there, although Tsiartas missed on some centres pretty badly.

Oh well, I truly beleive Otto will retool and reset the team in light of their next match in the ELITE EIGHT ! ! ! Bravo for advancing and writing Greek football history.

Let's move on, celebrate a bit and focus on what went wrong today, and set a game plan for the next match.

TO TA3IDI MAS SYNEXIZETAI !

E L L A S GERA !

OMG, what a game!!!!!!!!! I couldn't stay on the chair, I was up all along!

Well done to our boys!!!!!!!!

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Today Greece looked too complacement going into this game against russia, knowing that they were pretty much there for quarters.

They conceded a stupid goal and found themselves under pressure and then conceded another from a corner to which russian was given a free header. This is a lack of experienceand it was probably expected, as we were entering unchartered waters.

Lets not forget, russians are an experienced outfit. So there is a lot to learn from this performance today. Some players in the ethiniki I do not think should be there in the likes of venetidis,bsinas, nikolaidis. Even tsartas is too old to play at this pace.

Papadopoulos is not ready to play a main role in ethniki, he needs to be slowly blooded into the team. I would have liked to see lakis have a run....

Hopefully with Karagouni, giannakopoulos back in the side, the midfield can settle and provide some stability in the team. Regardless who we face in the quarters, greece have achieved a major milestone, that will hopefully causes future generations to build on this success.

Soccer is a fanny game, no one remembers how good or bad you played. The only thing that matters, is the result.......

At the end of the day, Greece qualification to quarters was no fluke and well deserved. The boys might even do one better, now that the pressure to qualify into the next round has been achieved.

Forza Ellada!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got these russians saying they feel sorry that spain got eliminated and their goal scorer admitted after the game he also felt sorry that he couldn't make it 3 -1 and allow spaniards to go thru.

This is the lack of respect these ass swipes have towards us. Maybe if he had our full lineup against these gypsies, then respect will be shown after the game.

So it is important that ethniki gives a good performance in quarters and as to the russians.

Omadara elladara gama ta saligaria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a few points:

1 - papadopolous didnt play that bad - setting up vrysas's goal through his gr8 header

2 - can demis really replace the suspended vrysas next match if hes not 100% fit?

3 - tsartas hasnt played that bad in last 2 games - maybe he should start??

4 - hopefully this is the wake up call the greeks need 2 play in the next game like they did against portugal.

Man we got through by the skin of out teeth... But hey, this is soccer and anything can happen. Much better 2nd half than the first half. Still, Russia showed they can play against both Spain and Portugal, and were in the match until the end against both teams. Still, congrats to Greece, and now its a whole new ball game and anything can happen!!!! GO ELLAS!!!!!!

Apart from the Errors from Katsouranis and Dellas (losing his man) that we conceeded Otto made mistakes with the line up today. 3 defensive midfielders and Papadopoulos as a left midfielder? Dimi had never played they before. Basinas and Venetidias neededa few clips around the ear for some terrible mistakes and passes they made. With the entrance of Tsiartas we were much impoved and balanced the game. We badly missed Karagounis, badly. He's the half our midfield.

I think i suffured 4-5 strokes during the game and a couple heart attacks but I'm still standing and so is Greece.

Enjoy it peeps! We might not do this again. We are in the best 8 of Europe reeeeee!!! :nw:

Big relief. Greece did not play that well however we did something no greek team has ever done in the a major competition. Bravo stin ELLAS kai bravo sta paidia.

FOR THE NEXT GAME TSARTAS SHOULD BE STARTING AS WILL KARAGOUNIS. VENETIDIS SHOULD NOT START THE MATCH AND NEIITHER SHOULD PAPADOPOULOS.

HOPEFULLY WE WILL PLAY ALOT BETTER IN THE QUARTER FINAL.

I didn't see the game, but heard the good news!!!!!! BRAVO HELLAS!!!!!!!! :nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:

The Good news ????? :huh: what r u on about??? we played like the "old Greece" we played as if we were sceard of the ball, our passing of the ball didnt find our targets, our defence was S-hit and most important nearly got knocked out if it wasnt for portugal (ironic dnt u think? ;) )

So there was no good news in my book :angry: i hope this is a wake up call guys coz if we play like this in our next match will eat 5-0,7-0 et......

i belive Pap should start as stirker next match instead of demis......

P.S tihio10 im aware ur happy bout us going through the next round but it wasnt good news when we lost :tdown:

I taped the game.....and I took the same cassette where I had registered Argentina - Greece (WC94)..... I said to myself ...it's time to enter in a new area and leave behind the past............

When we received the first goal...after a couple of seconds.......I felt guilty chosing the Argentina-Greece cassette..... B) because there we coped also one goal in the first seconds........ and I thought I forced the bad luck... :la:

God, life is really mysterious....... :)

To the game:

1. We took our bad day yesterday, as every team has one bad day in the tournament.

2. I m optimistic for the future....

3. Tsiartas has given some cohension to the team when he came in....

4. Demis is coming, I saw him physical improved.....and I think he will be a starter in the quarter final.......

5. France / England or Croatia..... nevermind ....we have our chance......and we will see a different team in the next game...

6. Is good that Karagounis will join the team

7. We did not speak the last word yet....

AAAAHH! The Portuguese miss an empty net goal!

my heart skipped some beats at that moment

everything we built could be destroyed in one single moment :o

but the Rusky misses

and the people in the pub could breathe again :1eye:

--

what a terrible defense

what terrible crosses

this was definitely not a good game,

the positive part though, next game is against a big team so we're the outsider again so we can play organised, and let the other team take the initiative and wait for nice openings B)

Archived