Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Russia

HOLLYWOOD

Its early but the reason i start it is right now the first keeper of Russia got a red card and he will miss the game against Greece

Since earlier Russia have lots of players injured and one players has left the game...

It looks good, i cant see us not qualifying

We are going to the Finals

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be a good opportunity to play the boatload of players who have been riding the bench in the last few games. First off, it would give them some exposure to game play, and plus it would give a lot of guys a much needed rest.

Giorgiadis?

Chalkias?

Goumas?

Lakis?

Venetidis?

These guys can play in the game against Russia and Greece would still be capable of beating them. What do you guys think?

Well Otto will be forced to play some of the bench warmers considering that some of the starters reached yellow card limits. I see Papdopoulos finally getting a chance. I hope Otto does not put in Nikolaidis who clearly is not ready (physically and mentally) for this competition.

This will be a very tough game. I am sure ther Russians will want to save some face and go back to Moscow with at least one win or tie. Thei will not give us anything. After all they have nothing to lose. The pressure will be on out team.

I predict a win for us, but it won't be very easy.

I see it also as a tough game...... and many people do underestimate the Russians.....if they would have gone in front against Spain...maybe everything would be different now....

And don't forget guys......One Million Swissfrancs are on the play......

This is the sum, what the winner takes.......

Also for a draw, Greece has to work very hard for that......

Our troubles are clearly in the middle line with Karagounis sitting this one out and the rest of our starters in card trouble.

Rehhagel will have to take this into account.

Basinas and Tsartas can start. Let Lakis also play from the beginning.

Our midfield will be depleted but the Russians will be missing Smertin, Mostovoy and Ovchinikov.

What should be the tactic here? You play to win, but you risk to get defeated in a counterattack, or you play safely, to get the tie and get qualified?

My heart says you play to win the game, my mind say that maybe is better not to take risk...

I say you play to score!... When Greece started the game with Spain, they were playing for a tie, and that resulted in 5 yellows and one goal against them in the first 30 minutes. All in all a big disaster!... When they were faced with no option but to open up the game they took Spain on par, and they scored the equalizer. Then they pulled back again trying to play it safe. They were lucky to come out with a draw. But as in every other sport, what counts is not how 'pretty' you play. It's the goals and final result that count.

I say do the Cossack dance!...

I say that Greece will win, but not easily. They are without some key players due to yellow cards (Kragounis etc.) Bu I think that this will be a day to remember :tup: 2-1 win for Greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup:

russia are so weak...the only dangerous player they have now is alenichev....mostovoi got sent home and smertin (who was playing defense because they lacked defenders) is suspended....there defese will be weak and so will their attack but we still cannot underestimate them..anything but a win is unaccpetable...

Our troubles are clearly in the middle line with Karagounis sitting this one out and the rest of our starters in card trouble.

Rehhagel will have to take this into account.

Don't yellow cards get erased after the first round?

russia are so weak...the only dangerous player they have now is alenichev....mostovoi got sent home and smertin (who was playing defense because they lacked defenders) is suspended....there defese will be weak and so will their attack but we still cannot underestimate them..anything but a win is unaccpetable...

of course the Russians don't seem a strong team right now,

so indeed, as I said in the spain topic, NEVER underestimate a team in the final phase of a big tournament

The Russians are especially dangeorus since they are eliminated because can play liberated. They still will be motivated for sure and want to let the world see they can play football in Russia too

Portugal Classy Skillfull...Predictable...easy to set tactics!

Spain Classy Skillfull..Better than Portugal...but predicatble also.

Russia...inconsistent...depleted(mostovoi, smertin etc.)...UNPREDICTABLE

As for me i cant create a decent enough gameplan to defeat the russians, and neither do i think can any of you.....but we have Otto who i believe in. Whatever he decides to play, as long as the players pull it off as they have proven than can, i have no worries.

23 decent players, rest some, play some, some supsended, some injured, some out of form....meaning...just tooo bloody hard to decide on a lineup.....show us the light KING OTTO!!

Guys if Ethinki playes like they did in the last 2 games the Russians will be crashed!!!! They may be unpredictable but they are also very inexperienced and with a doubtful skill.... I saw russia in both games defensively they seem to be organised but they failed to show a descent attack and a descent chance!!!

So there is no excuse if we fail to beat them... We have gone through the tough matches we should easily beat the Russians. All it needs is seriousness and not to underestimate any team... However I think that Greece is capable of much better things than the Russians.... ;)

Don't yellow cards get erased after the first round?

If I am not mistaken only single yellow cards get erased. In other words if for example Zagorakis gets another yellow he will miss the next match but if he doesn't then his total goes back to zero for the next round.

That means our guys have to very careful to avoid silly yellows which can seriously hurt the team moving on. (especially Zagoraki and Seitaridis)

Yellows so far:

Katsouranis

Giannakopoulos (no problem cause he won't be playing)

Karagounis (already has 2 - not playing)

Zagorakis

Vryzas

Seitaridis

Archived