Phantis Forums

HELLAS VS SPAIN!

HOLLYWOOD

The Spaniards were better and we were a bit lucky....nevertheless we deserved this one point..... Charisteas was the best Greek....not only for his nice Goal.....he was working very, very hard....

Nikolaidis is not ready.... and he should not be used.......

But Greece is a good team because: 2 chances - One Goal..... (This makes the difference).....

The Referee did not show the same consequence with the yellow cards with Spaniards... as he did with us......

Kapsis...was better last year............... such errors should not happen....

Only one point left..... the Russians are not as bad as many think...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PPV (in the USA) was carrying the BBC Sports broadcast... And I didn't hear a single good thing about Greece!...

But hey!... We are in absolute control, of our fate we're on top of the board!... So let the commentators shove their comments you know where!....

Forza Elladara!!!!!

Not all commentators...know football... therefore not much attention should be given to them ..... they are just persons..who have good relations to get such a job.....

Just got back to work from my "long" lunch break and watching the game on pay-per-view. What a nail biter. I thought I would get a heart attack if Spain managed to score in the end. Horrendous mistake by Kapsis on the Spanish goal, but Charisteas came through with an equalizer. In the end we got a good result, even though it looked throughout the game that the Spaniards will win it.

Bring on the Russians!!!

russia had their keeper sent off + smertin 2nd yellow, so there both suspended 4 next game. makes it easier 4 us. but karagounis is suspended 4 us. also, i didnt like the look of giannakopolous coming off - does ne1 no the extent of the injury??

ABOUT THE GAME TODAY

SPAIN WERE THE BETTER SIDE IN THE FIRST HALF THERE'S NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AND IF IT WASN'T FOR THE BACKPASS MADE BY KAPSIS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN 0-0 AT THE MAIN BREAK. IN THE SECOND HALF WE PLAYED ALOT BETTER AND I ZAGORAKIS AND TSARTAS WERE THE TWO BEST PLAYERS FOR GREECE. NIKOLAIDIS IS NOT READY AND PERSONALLY I THINK HE HAS OTHER THINGS ON HIS MIND.

NICE PASS FROM TSARTAS TO HARISTEAS FOR THE GOAL AND TWO GOOD SUBSTITUTIONS MADE BY KING OTTO. THE SPANIARDS STUFFED UP AND I COULDN'T BELEIVE THAT THE SUBSTITUTED MORIENTES THAT EARLY IN THE MATCH. HE WAS THERE BEST PLAYER AND IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN RAUL WHO WAS NOWHERE TODAY.

ONE POINT AGAINST RUSSIA WILL SEE US IN THE LAST 8 AS PORTUGAL PLAY SPAIN AND SOMEONE IS GOING TO DROP POINTS.

BRAVO STIN ELLADARA AND LETS BRING ON RUSSIA.

Amazing game... However I personally thought that we did not play as good as in the first game... Of course Spain is a much better team than Portugal but we could have done a lot better. I believe that if we played as we did against the Portuguese we would have beaten Spain as well.

Anyway I think we should not rest and stick to the idea that we are through with a draw, because this is our great chance to win the group and finish first... And after that..........BRING ON THE ENGLISH SISSIES!!!!!!!!! WE ARE OFF TO THE SEMIS!!!! :tup:

I think that many of you agree that if we finish 2nd we will not have a chance against the French.. But we can easily compete with the sissies (if they qualify of course!!!)....

As for the game Dellas and Zagorakis was once again our best players!!!!

I was a bit dissapointed with Rehaggel that has risked so much towards the end. We could easily loose the game from the equaliser onwards. I cannot believe his persistance of playing with 3 attackers as well as Tsiartas!!! As soon as we equalised I think that Vryzas should have come off and Basinas should have come in!!!! Then I was astonished to see Fyssas off for Venetidis!!!!

I think he did all theat because he believed that we could win the game.... Who knows...

P.S. Russia sucks big time, it is our chance to win the group... Do not spoil it!!!

Nikolaidis is not ready.... and he should not be used.......

Only one point left..... the Russians are not as bad as many think...

Surfer. I totally agree with you here... Demis is way out of form... and the russians looked pretty good against spain. I didnt know they were playing a man down!

i want a picture of the Greek NT doing that wave to their fans so i can set it as my wallpaper, anyone know where i can get one?

I was trying to find one too, but no luck yet :(

Then I was astonished to see Fyssas off for Venetidis!!!!

I disagree with u man. If you took closer notice in the 2nd half in the last 20 mins, spain were persistantly attacking fyssas side and that spanish winger was making mincemeeat out of fyssas. Rehagel did the rite thing taking taki off.I was expecting the spaniardds to attact greeces left side, as when u remember in panathinaikoss 2002 cl campaign specially in the camp nou ,,,they were attacking fyssas hard ,,and he made the cruciual mistake bak then in being responible for the equalising goal, b4 half time which proved the ulitmate difference in paos 3-2 aggregate loss to barca...I agree with u that basinas should have come on as well to control the middle of the park

I cannot believe his persistance of playing with 3 attackers as well as Tsiartas!!!

We have to look deeper in to that.....if one says they play with 3 attackers....or one attacker doesn't say much......

You have to look, how they play the "3 attackers" ?

Sit they just in front and are waiting the balls ?

Or do they go always back helping their defense ?

Yesterday, the second happened. Charisteas worked very hard as an attacker...so did Vrysas.....

With putting 3 attackers..... you are also binding a bit the opposite defense to them... and you stop them of full attack..and you take the pressure away from the defense....also yesterday Greece played with long balls....., so it's good to have people upfront to keep the ball and to give "air" to the defenders.....

Charisteas was the best Greek for me...., we were a bit lucky but we deserved the draw....... Only good teams can do that:

2 chances = One Goal....

Then I was astonished to see Fyssas off for Venetidis!!!!

I disagree with u man. If you took closer notice in the 2nd half in the last 20 mins, spain were persistantly attacking fyssas side and that spanish winger was making mincemeeat out of fyssas. Rehagel did the rite thing taking taki off.I was expecting the spaniardds to attact greeces left side, as when u remember in panathinaikoss 2002 cl campaign specially in the camp nou ,,,they were attacking fyssas hard ,,and he made the cruciual mistake bak then in being responible for the equalising goal, b4 half time which proved the ulitmate difference in paos 3-2 aggregate loss to barca...I agree with u that basinas should have come on as well to control the middle of the park

It wasnt Fyssas fault for all that pressure... It was because he was left alone with no help from Vryzas whatsoever.... (Vryzas played good but after the 60th minute he couldnt even walk!!!)

So I wasnt so surprised of Venetidis coming in, but I was surprised to see him replace Fyssas where he could have easily replace Vryzas!!!!

However, if it was me I would bring in Basinas in the place of Fryssas!!! If Spain scored last night it would have been 100% Rehaggels fault... It is good to say things when things go well and critisise everyone when things go bad, but we have to acknowledge that Rehaggel made some big mistakes especially after the equaliser, and the reason why we did not loose was simply luck!!! It was clearly 50-50 chances to conceide a goal by the way we played after the equaliser... ;)

Basinas for Fyssas? LOL.

What 'BIG MISTAKES' are you talking about ? Please list them

Great game yesterday, although the defense didn't perform quite as well as it did against portugal it still held up damned well for the most part of the match.

Kudos to all of them for continuing writing Hellenic Football history !

i think the Fyssas/Venetidis change was unquestionable.

Fyssas is human, and he does get tired and was getting ripped up by Joaquin, no discredit to either they are both great players, Rehagel had to put some fresh legs where the largest danger was and he did, a very intelligent change except i felt it should have come a bit earlier....

Spain are a strong team and 1-1 is a good result. It sucks for spain because they have a lot of pressure for their next game --- (we have too but we arent as much in danger) i would love to see Portugal tie and have the stupid hype over them end.....they are not that great

P.S. Russia sucks big time, it is our chance to win the group... Do not spoil it!!!

NO. Russia does not suck they are very dangerous. When they get on they are lethal- they arent like our last two games where we knew what to expect because both teams are similar.

Russia will be a very interesting ggame.

I invite everyone to this forum

Group A

where the Spaniards are flapping their mouths and crying about their tie with us. :tdown:

I had written there in the past supporting Greece and some Spanish ass was verbally abusive

I know it hurts them now

I am not advertising the above forum, as our is far superior, I just think a Greek opinion is needed

The dream is close and only if we lose by two or more to Russia we are in jeopardy, if Portugal wins.

I am in a state of euphoria and still hoarse after the yells during our goal

What a way to come back and stuff it to the cocky, overpaid, sore losers, Spaniards that thought a win was certain if they scored first...

Their goal was a gift from Kapsis' double mistake

He was obviously not watching the England and Latvia games where defensive mistakes gave the game to the opponents.

I like Michalis and loved his father. It is hard for me to criticize him and I think he had done well up to that point

His confusion was created by fumbling the ball initially and the instinctively making that soft pass in the box, in traffic, that would have accomplished nothing more than what he could have done, and that is to clear the ball far and away from the danger zone.

Anyway we were saved by the fantastic cross and control combination of Tsiartas, Charisteas

What a goal

Glory is near, they have made all Europe, and the world, talk about our team as an example of teamwork, organization and determination

The combination of Greek heart and German "egefalo" is a great one and could make us successful beyond our wildest dreams :nw: :nw: :nw:

Go ELLADARA I am so proud of you :tup: :tup: :tup:

PEACE

Basinas for Fyssas? LOL.

What 'BIG MISTAKES' are you talking about ? Please list them

Great game yesterday, although the defense didn't perform quite as well as it did against portugal it still held up damned well for the most part of the match.

Kudos to all of them for continuing writing Hellenic Football history !

I didnt say Basinas for Fyssas, I sad Basinas for Vryzas. It is a typo. Here are the list of mistakes...

1. Keeping Vryzas in for too long while he was clearly very tired (much more than Fyssas)

2. Bringing Venetidis in to replace Fyssas. He should have replaced Vryzas

3. Finally Venetidis was not the best solution at that time we needed and experience player like Basinas....

But just because we didnt loose you people dont see anything wrong with Rehaggel's tactics... But I am pretty sure that when we loose for the first time many of you will be the first to critisise Rehaggel. But you have to know that we dont just critisise when our team looses and cheer when we win but you can do the opposite...

I think Rehaggel is a great coach, the best ever to the Greek time, but the draw on the Spain game was clearly pure Luck. He did not do anything to protect the team from loosing. And you know why? Because he was going for the win!!! That is why he left Vryzas in and he was playing with 3 attackers and Tsiartas!!! But he should have seen that the Spaniards were pressing quite hard and our team was very tired and we needed someone fresh who could mark and keep the ball a bit. And that guy is certently NOT Venetidis!!!!

Archived