Phantis Forums

Melbourne posters

To all those in Melbourne the Dickens is the place to be.....

A few of us will be marching the streets of Melbourne for a while leaving our stamp on the city. We are starting from Lygon St Park departing there at 11:30pm walking down Lygon, right at Lonsdale where a flare or two will be dropped...and then onto the Dickens....

Here is our one chance to shine....

Mad I will bring down a few hardcore football fans! :tup:

It starts at 2.00 am sunday ?

one thing boys lets all wear our countrys colours! :D

NO paok, aek, osfp or pao tops :tdown:

No English, italian or spanish tops :tdown:

No m*****a chants. anti- osfp and the rest of it :tdown:

we will be there to support ELLAS :nw:

Blue and white all the way! :nw:

Mad I will bring down a few hardcore football fans! :tup:

It starts at 2.00 am sunday ?

one thing boys lets all wear our countrys colours! :D

NO paok, aek, osfp or pao tops :tdown:

No English, italian or spanish tops :tdown:

No m*****a chants. anti- osfp and the rest of it :tdown:

we will be there to support ELLAS :nw:

Blue and white all the way! :nw:

Yeah got to agree there James. Ive already told the AEK boys I dont want to see one F***en black and yellow thing otherwise I will personally kick their ass...we have to be better than that....

And another thing, the owner of the Dickens asked me to relax with breaking 'objects' during the game....So just let guys know that if frustration or whatever kicks in, smash something OUTSIDE if need be....

Boys what's the go are we a still on for the Dickens On Thursday 2.00am or what?

I am 90% sure that the tapas bar opposite cafe frappe in Oakleigh will be showing the game, as they did on saturday night! they reckon it was xamos but what happened in the city was madness!

Aek boys your call, pick a place to watch the game and let's stand united again as everyone did on Saturday night!

With all due respect, for those who werent at the Dickens....you missed out. Not because I was there.......but because it was the greatest thing ever in Melbourne Greek Sports. I had people talking about All-Star and m*****es but I dont think there was a place that came close to the Dickens and its pre and post match stuff.

I cant be bothered writing what happened but trust me when I say it was awesome.

James, dont have to ask us, Dickens we are goign for the whole tournament. That place has an awesome soccer feel....awesome atmosphere, I mean most of the guys there after said we are going back on Thursday morning so its Dickens for me all the way.

XXX PM me for details about the Dickens....

James, please tell me you were there on Sat night, please.......

VISCIOUS RUMOUR GOING AROUND:

Due to the crowds last Saturday the Dickens is closing its doors at MIDNIGHT. GET THERE EARLY OTHERWISE the All-Star will be your only choice.

One of the AEKtzides rang up and thats what he was told. I usually deal with the owner personally so I will ring him within the next hour and speak with him, but at this stage you have to get there EARLY otherwise you miss out.

Just got the word now from the owner of the Dickens that he has to restrict the crowd tonight due to crowd control issues with the police. He is letting in half the crowd.

HE IS CLOSING THE DOORS SOMETIME BETWEEN 11:30pm and 12:30am DEPENDING ON THE CROWD FLOW. This is unfortunate considering we were all going there but what can we do?

My parea of about 10 is undecided as to where to go. We arnt sure if we should go early to the Dickens or if we should just go to the All-Star to be safe.......

If we dont go the Dickens, I will put up a sign saying where we will be.

LATEST:

We are heading to the All-Star Cafe for the game against my will.....I have too many people interested and we wont all get in at Dickens because of the closing of the doors.

Its usually $10 entry BUT if you say at the door 'Bill Angelidis from ASTA Solutions' then its $5 entry.

I hate the place and everything it stands for but my arms are tied with the cops coming on the Dickens.

Anyone in Ashwood?

Was looking forward to going to see Greece play in Dickens but couldnt get a ride into the city :(

Anything going on for the Russia game on Monday morning?

If someone wants to meet up pm me ill be in Ashwood till Tuesday then going back to Sydney

Ended up watching the Spain game at the Mathew Flinders Hotel :hypocrite:

Did any of the Melbourne Boys go to Portugal..... ?

Because there were big discussions about that 6-9 months ago ?

Yeah the following guys went:

+ Peristeri21

+ maw21

+ gavroman

+ AEK Ultras21

+ Thryleon

and two other relatives of the last 3.

Lucky boys....they chose the best tournament to visit...... :tup:

Archived