Phantis Forums

Ellas - Portugal

drakos13

i still cant believe it! it is amazing!! we played so good!!

i watched it in a bar where u could bet on the result. 5 swiss franks (in the mascotte if u want to go nightsurfer). i bet on a 2-1 for greece. and i won a flight in europe. wherever i want to go.

keep it on guys. keep playing like this. and maybe the poll of sportnet will come true...

EEEELLADARA..................OOOOMADARA!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figo on the UEFA website:

In a tournament like the EURO we cannot make these kind of mistakes. Nevertheless, looking at the match, I don't think it was a fair result.

all i can say: B******T. i've never seen greece playing better.

What a great game, I was nervous as hell toward the end of of the game, but we won!!! F*ck yeah!!!!!!!! Its a historic day for our team, we should be proud. :D

Bring on Spain, we can take on anyone. Congrats to the Greek team, and to King Otto, for instilling discipline, and pride to our greek omatha.

Thanks Vasili0s for all the great pictures!!!

i am so happy

because i am a greek

and

greece did it they stole the show and finally respect will be given.

my man of match had to be the team. lame answer yes but it was a hard decision- every player played their hardest

I was happy to see Rehagel make a great lineup, Fyssas was the greatest pick along with basinas and karagkounis to start....

Dellas was awesome, Kapsis, Seitaridis who hopefully now is gonna have to leave at a higher price :D , Xaristeas was great too everyone......

Nikopolidis played great - except alot of those balls were Xalkias's specialty.....

Greece had a plan and played to it. and it won. THATS what wins football games.

Also ahead of this game watching all the pre-game s%$#! days ahead and news (fox sports)and reading in magazines that greece's expectation were to go home lucky to even score....

They made such a big deal out of Luis Figo and Portugal if they can win the EURO they didnt even mention Greece- maybe others who ordered the game PPV heard Lineker and his buddies Bullshit about portugal this that - and at the end they say "oh and a word on greece?" and they said a total of 1 sentence about the condition of the team...... that sort of bullshit pissed me off and Greece were written off before the match - despite tying 1-1 with 10 men last november...

im watching the FSW report now- it seems the whole mass media was going for portugal....these guys showed more highlights from the spain - russia game and no enthusiasm or surprise and the guy even claimed that it was not a "major" upset.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

but this figures as they have the crappiest reporters of any news channel and the portuguese-american reporter Carlos Machado CANNOT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE PORTUGUESE NAMES CORRECTLY :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the rating of the Greek team based on the vote of 1470 people in www.ESPNSoccernet.com

In parenthesis is the rating of the site "expert"

Greece Starting XI Rating

1 - Antonis Nikopolidis (G) 7.5 (6.0)

5 - Traianos Dellas (D) 7.6 (6.0)

14 - Panagiotis Fissas (D) 7.0 (5.0)

19 - Michalis Kapsis (D) 7.0 (5.0)

6 - Angelos Basinas (M) 7.1 (6.0)

8 - Stelios Giannakopoulos (M) 6.9 (6.0)

20 - Giorgos Karagounis (M) 7.4 (6.0)

2 - Giorgos Seitaridis (M) 7.0 (5.0)

7 - Theo Zagorakis (M) 7.0 (4.0)

9 - Angelos Charisteas (F) 7.0 (5.0)

15 - Zissis Vryzas (F) 6.9 (6.0)

Greece Substitutes

21 - Kostas Katsouranis (M) 6.2 (6.0)

11 - Demis Nikolaidis (F) 6.2 (6.0)

22 - Dimitris Papadopoulos (F) 6.1 (8.0)

According to the "expert" the MVP of the match (Zagorakis) was the worse player of Greece!!!!

I am wondering if this guy saw the game at all.

Nevermind, I think that Dellas was the top player, and I really liked Karagounis. I don't know if Otto changed him because he was injured or because he was afraid that he would be red carded.

P.S. The game was broadcasted in 120 countries and it is estimated that around 2.5 billion people watched it!!!

This is the rating of the Greek team based on the vote of 1470 people in www.ESPNSoccernet.com

In parenthesis is the rating of the site "expert"

Greece Starting XI Rating

1 - Antonis Nikopolidis (G) 7.5 (6.0)

5 - Traianos Dellas (D) 7.6 (6.0)

14 - Panagiotis Fissas (D) 7.0 (5.0)

19 - Michalis Kapsis (D) 7.0 (5.0)

6 - Angelos Basinas (M) 7.1 (6.0)

8 - Stelios Giannakopoulos (M) 6.9 (6.0)

20 - Giorgos Karagounis (M) 7.4 (6.0)

2 - Giorgos Seitaridis (M) 7.0 (5.0)

7 - Theo Zagorakis (M) 7.0 (4.0)

9 - Angelos Charisteas (F) 7.0 (5.0)

15 - Zissis Vryzas (F) 6.9 (6.0)

Greece Substitutes

21 - Kostas Katsouranis (M) 6.2 (6.0)

11 - Demis Nikolaidis (F) 6.2 (6.0)

22 - Dimitris Papadopoulos (F) 6.1 (8.0)

According to the "expert" the MVP of the match (Zagorakis) was the worse player of Greece!!!!

I am wondering if this guy saw the game at all.

Nevermind, I think that Dellas was the top player, and I really liked Karagounis. I don't know if Otto changed him because he was injured or because he was afraid that he would be red carded.

P.S. The game was broadcasted in 120 countries and it is estimated that around 2.5 billion people watched it!!!

lakis was the third sub..not pap...what an incredible site boys...lets hope we make it further!!!

PAME RE ARRWSTEIA!!!!!!!!!!

ELLADARA!!!!!

To all the doubters....this is the perfect antidote! Especially to ppl like ElaSton Pappou!

The stress me and my mates were going through watching the game was unbelievable! It was awesome...we almost broke everything in the room when Karagounis scored!

Dellas - best player on the park by far - superb and very SOLID greek defending! The portuguese midfield had no room and space on the ball because they were closed down immediately - Figo was marked by two players most of the time as soon as he touched the ball and the scoreline could have been more. Especially in the first minute!

I think the key also was a goal in each half very early!

And I am going to be an anapodo and go against everyone and say someone like Vryzas wasnt anything special! Id like to see Demis rip it up and Pap!!!

after the game against liechtenstein i talked to a guy who is in charge for the pr stuff. i asked him what he thinks greece will do at the euro. he said: "all i say is dont dream too much"

i am happy he was wrong.

i still cant believe what happened last night.

the best thing was except greece winning, that i predicted the result (before halftime i even said to my friends we'll make the 2-0 in the 51st!) and i won a flight to go everywhere in europe! :D :D :D

Archived