Phantis Forums

Go:bekli

H podosfairiki pragmatikotita eutixos den einai etsi.

A) ta e3oda stin ellada einai episeis elaxista

B) oi 2 megali(kai oi mikroteroi sixna) paizoun kalos i kakos me allo aera stin europi gia polous logous

C) ekmetaleuontai sto epakro tin elliniki agora, iparxoun kai e3ereseis opos auti tou Miliko Pantic

D) exoun fanela kai einai arketa plousies gia na kinountai euprepos

E) eutixos sto podosfero ton ka8oristiko rolo den paizoun ta xrimata

YG: -H Millwall Football Club (FC), pige teliko

-Auton ton papadopoulo tou Pao pos ton afisan na figei? exoun pollous kaliterous?

On May 28uefa.com published the following:

....  Deloitte Touche has named Manchester United FC as the most wealthy club in the world for the seventh time.

Big earners

Based on income from the 2002/03 season, the English champions generated €251.4m. The second wealthiest football club, Juventus FC, made €218.3m, ahead of third-placed AC Milan (€200.2m), Real Madrid CF (€192.6m) and FC Bayern München €162.7m.

European dominance

The global footballing top 20 is entirely populated by European clubs, with English and Italian clubs occupying 12 of these positions. The remaining berths are filled by three clubs apiece from the German Bundesliga and Spanish Primera División, and one each from the top divisions in France and Scotland.

We are talking now about people with smarts and money who will face a team put together by Mr Louvaris or Mr Mitsou (and their minions) with much smaller budgets. We are talking about teams in fairly competitive leagues, while OSFP and PAO have to play against anemic, financially bankrupt, opponents. It is conceivable that once, maybe!, a Greek team will grow to be good enough and lucky enough to do well. It is inconceivable that over a long period it will be able to be among the dominant teams.

Teams like Larissa and Napoli had their moments of glory only to return to mediocrity immediately thereafter. Once is better than never but when we talk about doing well in Europe we are speaking of teams with a realistic chance to do well not only once, as a fluke, but consistently. I doubt that this is possible and I think that there is a good reason why the European giants view the Greek teams (including Larissa) with barely disguised contempt. They know that their habitual role in top level competition can be characterized as "punching bag".

Archived