Phantis Forums

EURO 2004 squad

Ziaka

Oto Rehhagel has announced the first 8 players for the squad that will take part in the EURO 2004 finals.

The players are:

Demis Nikolaidis (Atletico Madrid), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton), Traianos Dellas (AS Roma), Zisis Vryzas (AC Fiorentina), Georgios Karagounis (Inter Milan), Takis Fyssas (Benfica Lisbon), Aggelos haristeas (Werder Bremen), Nikos Dabizas (Leicester City)

Oto Rehhagel has announced the first 8 players for the squad that will take part in the EURO 2004 finals.

The players are:

Demis Nikolaidis (Atletico Madrid), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton), Traianos Dellas (AS Roma), Zisis Vryzas (AC Fiorentina), Georgios Karagounis (Inter Milan), Takis Fyssas (Benfica Lisbon), Aggelos haristeas (Werder Bremen), Nikos Dabizas (Leicester City)

It's an insult that Zikos isn't included in the squad. He has been a regular and a consistant player for Monaco.

Dabizas is getting very slow as a defender and his time as a national team player is nearly over.

Nikopolidis Antonios  14/10/71  Panathinaikos FC  goalk/er

Chalkias Konstantinos 30/05/74  Panathinaikos FC  goalk/er

Katergianakis Theofanis  16/02/74  Olympiakos FC goalk/er

Kapsis Mihail 18/10/73  AEK FC  def/er

Fyssas Panagiotis  12/06/73  Benfica def/er

Goumas Ioannis  24/05/75  Panathinaikos FC def/er

Dellas Trianos  31/01/76  AS Roma def/er

Seitaridis Georgios  04/06/81  Panathinaikos FC  def/er

Dabizas Nikolaos  03/08/73  Leicester def/er

Venetidis Stylianos  19/11/76  Olympiakos FC  def/er

Lakis Basilios 10/09/76  AEK FC  mid-for

Bassinas Agelos 03/01/76  Panathinaikos FC  midf/er

Katsouranis Konstantinos 21/06/79  AEK FC  midf/er

Kafes Pantelis 24/06/78  Olympiakos FC midf/er

Georgiadis Georgios  08/03/72  Olympiakos FC  midf/er

Karagounis Georgios  06/03/77  Internazionale FC midf/er

Tsartas Vasilios  12/11/72  AEK FC  midf/er

Zagorakis Theodoros  27/10/71  AEK FC midf/er

Giannakopoulos Stylianos  12/07/74  Bolton Wanderers  mid-for

Charisteas Agelos  09/02/80  SV Werder Bremen  for/d

Nikolaidis Themistoklis 17/09/73  Atletico Madrid  for/d

Vryzas Zisis 09/11/73  AC Fiorentina  for/d

Papadopoulos Dimitrios 20.09.81 Panathinaikos FC  for/d

why did Otto Rehhagel nominated 2 Panathinaikos-goalkeepers?Posted Image

are there so few candidates?

Agree with you 100% Santos and also it's a joke that Kateryiannakis is in the squad as well but that shows the quality of keepers that Greece has at the moment.

Also why Georgiadis is in the squad who has done absolutely nothing this year and when he was at PAOK he was staring but it's differen't laws when you play for PAOK and differen't laws when you play for the jokes of Athens.

And I will say this again it's an insult that Akis Zikos is not in the squad.

Well no surprises in the squad. Otto has said before that he plans to stick with the bulk of players that qualified and so he has. And if that means he overlooks players like Zikos, he has kept his word which is a plus.

However, I think a large group of us agree withe the inclusions of Dabizas, and the snubbing of Zikos. Not to mention Stoltidis how for me would be more valuable than Georgiadis and Kafes.

Nah, I dont care much for Amanatidis.

If it were to get personal though, I cant stand Vryzas. The guy plays in Serie B, seriously, you would think Pap, second top goalscorer in A'Ethniki and a much younger player would start ahead of Zisis.

:tdown:

...you would think Pap, second top goalscorer in A'Ethniki and a much younger player would start ahead of Zisis.

I think that Pap will be in the starting line up. He's been in good form all year long, and has played many more than the other guys. I don't know what is the deal with Vryza, I mean when is he going to join the rest of the team. Fiorentina is now in 6th place which means that they will play play-off game with Perutzia.

As for the keeper, with Olympiako taking out of the picture Eleftheropoulo, I don't know what were the other options. AEK's keepers (Michailidis and Chiotis) have not been consistant, PAOK's keepers are too old, Aigaleo-Panionios-Chalkidona have foreigners, while Iraklis and OFI have young inexperienced keeper's.

...you would think Pap, second top goalscorer in A'Ethniki and a much younger player would start ahead of Zisis.

I think that Pap will be in the starting line up. He's been in good form all year long, and has played many more than the other guys. I don't know what is the deal with Vryza, I mean when is he going to join the rest of the team. Fiorentina is now in 6th place which means that they will play play-off game with Perutzia.

As for the keeper, with Olympiako taking out of the picture Eleftheropoulo, I don't know what were the other options. AEK's keepers (Michailidis and Chiotis) have not been consistant, PAOK's keepers are too old, Aigaleo-Panionios-Chalkidona have foreigners, while Iraklis and OFI have young inexperienced keeper's.

Tohouroglou is Australian so he can't represent Greece. Atmantsidis well let's just say he is due for his pension very soon.

On current form surely Salpiggidis could have got a call up.

But seriously how can you over look Zikos who is a regular for Monaco and who is a consistant performer for Monaco and pick two players like Georgiadis and Kaffes who have done jack all this year.

And it's not to say that Monaco are crap. There in the final of the Champions League for god sake. Even Dabizas time in the national team is over.

If it were to get personal though, I cant stand Vryzas. The guy plays in Serie B, seriously, you would think Pap, second top goalscorer in A'Ethniki and a much younger player would start ahead of Zisis.

As paiksi O Papadopoulos in Europe kai meta milame.

From memory I seem to remember that Papadopoulos played for Burnley and was useless from all reports.

As for Vryzas look at how many times he has scored against the 2 milan sides. I seem to remeber it's more than 1 goal.

As paiksi O Papadopoulos in Europe kai meta milame.

From memory I seem to remember that Papadopoulos played for Burnley and was useless from all reports.

As for Vryzas look at how many times he has scored against the 2 milan sides. I seem to remeber it's more than 1 goal.

Quick question, have u ever seen Papadopoulos play?

King Otto just needs to make sure that he has all the right players and the right mix in the 3 games in Portugal.

If there's something that's important in competitions like these it's the right mix of players. You don't necessarily need talent but good chemistry...

Archived