Phantis Forums

Tsiartas - not even a linesman

Ziaka

Tsartas is a very good player if you know how to use him. When we play Russia he will be key. But when we play Spain he is gonna have to give his spot to Karagounis cause when you play teams like Spain all 11 players have to be able to mark opponents.

• 1 month later...

That has to be the stupidest statement ive heard, tsiartas like all players can be ineffective in certain games, and is suited to certain styles, but isnt that the point of taking 23 players. Its called tactics re Georgiadis moron!!

I dont see why he shouldnt be regarded a danger player.

Anybody in the team more dangerous than him in set pieces??

Anybody got a more dangers through ball??

Anybody more attack minded than him??

Can't see y the aussies are stupid here!!!

The persons, who saw today the goal of Greece against Spain...know better than A. Antoniadis..and maybe Ziaka B) the value of Tsartas....

I did not know that linesmen can give such superbe passes over 55 meters.....

I think A. Antoniadis must like track atheltics...., he has chosen the wrong sport.... B)

The persons, who saw today the goal of Greece against Spain...know better than A. Antoniadis..and maybe Ziaka B) the value of Tsartas....

I was just reporting what Antonis Georgiadis said. I don't agree with what he said.

Tsiartas is a very good player (perhaps the only Greek player that knows how to play football), but in todays football we need players who can mark!!! Apart from his pass to Charisteas he was clearly out of the game, no fighting spirit, no marking. etc...

With three strikers on the park tsiartas even if he wasnt marking running or wateva, was needed, or else all the strikers would have been just wasted. His pass was gold and made up for zero running/marking. His job was to split the defence open, not win possession.

A football team is like a dish. In order to have a good dish, you need different ingredients......

Every ingredient should have its different character and reaction.

So you can't take many ingredients that are all salty...nor that are all sweet or all sour....

Everyone has to have its own quality..... but should be in harmony to the others.

Football is not like athletic sports....where you need just one ingredient:

Be the fastest over a certain distance, or being able to throw something the furthest.....or jump the highest or so on.....

European Football is also not like Rugby or American Football.....where the main factors are Power and Speed....

Football , Soccer or European Football, call it as you want, is much more mystical than the above sports. And although it looks on first sight simple....it has many secrets that are not visible to every one.

Short explained: In Football 1 + 1 does not make always = 2 .... nor a x a = a square.....

It's an irrational game.....

Back to Tsartas......

In the final and decisive games......

against Ukraina....... it was Tsartas who produced an unexpected, direct (volley) pass on the left wing surprising Ukrainas defenders......(having his back to the Ukraina's Goal) in the 87 min... (Charisteas)....

against Northern Ireland it was Tsartas with a direct headear-pass from the middle line...opened the so needed free space to Vrysas....before the Penalty whistle....

and against Spain .... it was again Tsartas, who fooled with a 50 meter pass...the "till then" tight Spanish defense.....

Today in Polen Mr. A. Georgiadis , the World Cup on Athletic Sports is taken place....., watch it ........

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Tsartas......

In the final and decisive games......

against Ukraina....... it was Tsartas who produced an unexpected, direct (volley) pass on the left wing surprising Ukrainas defenders......(having his back to the Ukraina's Goal) in the 87 min...    (Charisteas)....

against Northern Ireland it was Tsartas with a direct headear-pass from the middle line...opened the so needed free space to Vrysas....before the Penalty whistle....

and against Spain .... it was again Tsartas, who fooled with a 50 meter pass...the "till then" tight Spanish defense.....

Today in Polen Mr. A.  Georgiadis , the World Cup on Athletic Sports is taken place....., watch it ........

And to complete the assist-list...it was Tsartas, who has given the pass to Dellas, who scored...

Did you count all the dangerous balls..that Tsiartas served after he came in ?

Sorry ..., but I have to say it, for reasons of politeness I have just thought it till now....... Mr. Georgaidis take the flag of the Linesman...and (I better stop here)............. !!!

Tsiartas is a gem for Greek soccer... We would have never reached this spot (the Euro 2004 finals) had it not been for him... His magic worked against Spain (1-1) and yesterday, against the Czech Republic (1-0). He's the player with the magic touch!... The Midas of Greek football!....

At the risk of being called a Tsiartas admirer, I have to agree with the sentiments expressed here. Tsiartas is a class player and may well surprise the Portuguese if he gets a start. Ricardo is not the best goalkeeper and any free kick outside the area for Greece could be telling.

• 3 months later...

Archived