• Detroit Red Wings
    • Colorado Avalanche
    • Tampa Bay Lightning
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Vancouver Canucks
    • Calgary Flames
    • Other

This topic is all about the NHL Stanley Cup Finals!!!! Here is how the current series looks:

East

Tampa Bay 3 - NY Islanders 1

Boston 3 - Montreal 1

Philadelphia 3 - New Jersey 1

Toronto 2 - Ottawa 2

West

Detroit 2 - Nashville 2

San Jose 3 - St.Louis 1

Vancouver 2 - Calgary 2

Colorado 3 - Dallas 1

My Predictions goes as follows:

Tampa Bay 4 - NY Islanders 1

Boston 4 - Montreal 2

Philadelphia 4 - New Jersey 1

Ottawa 4 - Toronto 3 :unsure:

Detriot 4 -Nashville 3

San Jose 4 - St. Louis 1

Vancouver 4 - Calgary 3

Colorado 4 - Dallas 2

I think Tampa Bay will move on. St. Louis and Lecavillier are playing great! Montreal isn't playing......should I say....."fair", as quoted on TV, so Boston should win. Brodeur's not playing good at all, so Philly will take the series. The Battle of Ontario will be VERY close, but Toronto just lost Sundin, their captain, due to a light collision into the boards, and Tucker injured too, so Ottawa should win a well earned battle. Detriot will win, but will struggle with Nashville. St. Louis is NO competition for San Jose. :tdown: Vancouver will just win with their backup, Johan Hedburg, and Colorado will win against Dallas. Do you disagree with these predictions? What are yours? Please respond. :tup:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :box: :box:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been following NHL as much as I used to, thanks to the mediocrity of the local franchise the Blackhawks.

Perhaps I should flip on ESPN and see some games. In any case here are my predictions:

East

Tampa Bay over NY Islanders

Boston over Montreal Montreal

Philadelphia over New Jersey

Toronto barely over Ottawa

West

Detroit over Nashville

San Jose over St.Louis

Vancouver over Calgary

Colorado over Dallas

I think Flyers will eventually win the East, and Colorado (once again) the West, with Philadelphia suprisingly taking the title.

It's a shame the Blackhawks have fallen to where they are. Anyway, here are my picks:

East

Tampa Bay over NY Islanders

Boston over Montreal Montreal

Philadelphia over New Jersey

Toronto over Ottawa

West

Detroit over Nashville

San Jose over St.Louis

Calgary over Vancouver

Colorado over Dallas

Toronto vs Calgary in the Stanley Cup Final....The LEAFS take it all!!!!1

Here's how the series play out so far:

In the east, Philadelphia beat New Jersey 3-1 to knock out the former champs(4-1). Philadeplhia will play either Boston or Montreal, depending on who win game 7 in Boston, since the Canadiens defeated the Bruins by a score of 5-2. Tampa Bay continues their stanley cup persuit with an overtime win over the NY Islanders 3-2, thus winning the series 4-1. On Friday, Toronto defeated the Ottawa Senators 2-0 now taking the lead in the series 3-2. They are playing today at 7:00pm.

In the west, Vancouver defeated Calgary in triple overtime 5-4.......what a game that was! Calgary came back and scored four goals to force overtime. The series is now 3-3. San Jose defeated the Blues to move on (4-1). Colorado wins the series 4-1 against Dallas, and the Red Wings beat the Predators to win the series 4-2.

All exept one series have been decided.

Tampa Bay over NY Islanders (4-1)

Montreal over Boston (4-3)

Philadelphia over New Jersey (4-1)

Toronto vs. Ottawa (to be decided tonight)

West

Detroit over Nashville (4-2)

San Jose over St.Louis (4-1)

Calgary over Vancouver (4-3)

Colorado over Dallas (4-1)

I have made two wrong predictions so far. Hopefully Toronto will ovecome Ottawa tonight.

Here are the Conference semifinal match-ups:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Tampa Bay Lightning - Montreal Canadiens

Philadelphia Flyers - Toronto Maple Leafs

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit Red Wings - Calgary Flames

San Jose Sharks - Colorado Avalanche

That should be a good match-up, but I think Flyers will prevail. (sorry tihio)

It will definetely be a great matchup........but I think because the Flyers had a longer break...and because they have home advantage......I think you're right......but this doesn't mean I'm not going to root for the Leafs now! :tup: :tup: :D

Today's results:

Philadelphia 3 - Toronto 1 (we'll get them next time.....)

Calgary 2 - Detriot 1 (OT)

Calgary stunned everyone today by defeating Detriot in overtime. I dunno about you, but I think that Calgary is the "miracle team" for this year's playoffs :nw: . And Toronto should win the next game......that is if they play better and get their players back..... :tdown:

Here's an update until today of the Stanley Cup Playoffs:

Friday had Montreal playing Tampa Bay in Tampa Bay and the Lightning won 4-0, a shame for the Canadiens. Game one showed San Jose win against Colorado 5-2, and Game 2 showed then winning again 4-1!!! This surprised me a lot! Detriot won against Calgary in game 2 and the series are now tied 1-1. Toronto tonight win play against Philly, and the Montreal Canadiens will try to come back from the 4-0 against the Tampa Bay Lighting. Any predictions?

GO LEAFS GO!!!!! :box: :box:

I am also rooting for the Flyers this year, since thay have three ex-Blackhawk players on its roster (Amonte, Roenick, and Zhamnov).

Yes the "Blackhawk Down" line is very tough!!!!! Hopefully, they won't show their best skills against Toronto!!!!!!!! :tup:

Here is how they series look like as of today:

East:

Philadelphia 2 - Toronto 1 (:tup: the leafs are getting there...)

Montreal 0 - Tampa Bay 3 (do I hear "sweep?" :la: )

West:

Detroit 1 - Calgary 2 (this may be a shocker in the end :unsure: )

San Jose 3 - Colorado 1

Toronto looked strong against Philly at home with a 4-1 win. Montreal lost the lead with only 16 seconds left in the game when Vincent Lecaillier scored, and then Tampa Bay won the game with Richards scoring. Colorado managed to stay alive with a 1-0 win in overtime against San Jose. Calgary showed strong play aginst Detriot with a 3-2 win at home.

:box: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!! :box:

Philadelphia Inquirer: Flyers rip Leafs, 7-2, for 3-2 series lead

Back at home, the Philadelphia Flyers dominated the Toronto Maple Leafs and regained control of the series.

Go, Flyers, go !!!!!

What a bad game......I stopped watching it during the second intermission. But hopefully tonight the Maple Leafs will win to force a game 7. As for the other series, Detriot has faltered win an overtime goal by Calgary to bring the flames up to the Western Conference Finals, and the last time they were there (1989) they won the cup. Calgary will play either San Jose or Colorado. The Avalanche must win to force a game seven. Taampa Bay will face either Toronto or Philly in the Eastern Conference finals. Hopefully, this will be Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO! :tup:

Conference Semifinals results

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Tampa Bay Lightning - Montreal Canadiens 4-0 (sweep)

Philadelphia Flyers - Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Calgary Flames - Detroit Red Wings 4-2

San Jose Sharks - Colorado Avalanche 4-2

The conference finals matchups:

Tampa Bay Lightning - Philadelphia Flyers

Calgary Flames - San Jose Sharks

So much for my predictions. :lol:

I see a Flyers - Shark Stanley Cup Final

I was very surprised that Calgary won, they did earn the win though. Who knows, this may lead to the Stanley Cup finals for Calgary (hope so). And Tampa Bay looks great playing against Philadelphia!!!! But I think Philadelphia will put up a fight, same to San Jose :tup:

As Lazarus mentioned Flyers won the 2nd game 6-2 to tie the series up at 1-1, while the Flames won the 2nd game over tampa Bay 4-1 and now lead the series 2-0.

The series resume tonight in San Jose and Tampa Bay.

Archived